Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs destroying the fun

Newcommers should spend 5 minutes to read the well-written guides on the forum. If i ask for AA/EXP/GEAR i don't want a leecher who doesn't even know where the instance is.

The main problem is, that most ppl search exp players for almost every dungeon. Even for the easiest hms... or sometimes even for tier2 raids. Lots of hm-groups also presuppose epic gear to do hms. Its not like you usually get better gear by doing hms :-P
    So if youre not in a guild that runs hms you need to lie to get into hm groups.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    dressed in a blusteel level 75 ( without gems ), no coat , accessories Tortage 18 - 20LV and a weapon out as gifts from snacks, I ask him politely to leave the instance and he sends me to **** off and remains in Russian nell'instanza . Even though we had cleaned everything we had to regroup and clean up the instance again !
    Tanking in lvl 75 bluesteel without gems is still okay if he just keeps the aggro. I saw tanks tanking this in epic kithai gear, but only with physical protection. That means they did not take less dmg, even if the gear was purple...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    hardmodes are not a place where you take your poorly geared char, hide gear and be carried and just collect reward. have the decency to have some proper gear and do your job so nobody can complain.

that worn out phrase AA/exp/gear doesn't mean anything unless the group leaders start kicking people who don't qualify. group leaders these days, raid leaders too, are way too forgiving and soft when it comes to kicking people.
    Its mostly not the gear. Seriously! I often saw ppl with crap-gear, doing a better job than the rest of the team. Its not the gear, its the skills. Kicking people in T1/T2 is ridiculous. Maybe as ridiculous as excpecting a random T3/T4 to work properly.

Maybe all this wannabe-pro-gamers doing exp Monastery runs and complain about someone doing not enough dmg should use their pro-skills to teach some new players how to run hms :-)
    Lets be honest. Its not much skills to just farm hms. Even if you do a lot of dmg, its not more than pushing always the same buttons to do always the same things. If youre really good player teach noobs how to become a good player, too.
    But this will not happen because half of the players who search for exp players in global are just well geared noobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    The reason new player retention is so bad...
    Yes, he is the reason thousands don't stay...

Have you played any other MMO outside of AOC? I ask because players like this are everywhere. I can't wrap my head around how you think diks only exist in AOC and that is the reason players leave.

Keep defending Funcom though and blaming the players for this mess. You are right on there buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Karuma View Post
    But this will not happen because half of the players who search for exp players in global are just well geared noobs...
    and the other half are poorly geared new toons with no AA and gear on hide looking for five others to carry him/her through a dungeon so he/she can then get the epics from the box with the easiest possible way. and ofc the group leader don't need to have AA/exp/gear but the others do.

and when you ask to see that hidden gear or comment on how bad he or she is playing, you get kicked.

that is fun. day after day grind flame/vortex/palace and Enigmata of Yag with teleport and tracking.

Default Split Duty

As a player (Ranger - no boos please) that is new to Khitai dungeons I feel it is my responsibility to do some quick pre-reading so I know what my roll is. After that, what can I do if no one actually gives me a chance to join their pug group?
    My corner turning story - I went and read about the War Monks and Palace one day and then tried to get in a few groups. I was upfront that I knew the strat from reading it, but did not know the actual dungeons (youtube videos are an easy lesson tool as well). The group that took me on re-explained the strats and my roll in 30 secs before each dungeon and away we went. HM for all and only one stupid death for me, in Vortex, but overall I don't think I wasted the groups time.
    Now, regarding gear two other players had worse gear than me so pretty sure gear does not matter as long as people do not show up in lvl 40 greens. Of course given my lack of experience I cannot say with certainty that the tanks in HM do not need at least half decent gear (based on timing of gear progression T1/T2 should suffice with some solo Khitai stuff?).
    I will not knock the OP since I am sure they just got frustrated and posted as a vent. Regardless of their message, it is fair to say people do need to learn to play their toons, should pre-read if the info is available and in return veterans shouldn't be pissy when a run takes 12 min instead of 10. Thanks to those that help out the community - hopefully we will all still be able to complain about noobs like me years from now.
    Stygian...the best!

I still think the best way to break into lvl 80 stuff is to find a good guild of likeminded people to run the sixies and do raids and generally have a good time. If you have to guild hop a bit, consider it a probation time. New players just can't expect to jump into a high end raiding guild and go right into t4 though.

I see a lot of guilds advertising that they will help out new players and that they take all levels. And its a lot more fun to be able to play and make fun of global in guild chat while you kill stuff.

Plus most guilds will post strats that you won't see in AOC forums for the raids and sixmans and you can get more reliable help when you get stuck on what gear or what quests to do.

Personally, I find the whole elitism of the community to be just sad. Dungeon A gets released on Monday. On Tuesday groups are only looking for "experienced" people. At this point, the only people who are experienced in it are in large groups don't don't need to run pugs for them. Meanwhile everyone else is left out in the cold because they aren't in a guild large enough to do them often to gain such experience and thus have to rely on pugs which won't take them.

I've even seen people posting for gear and experience for CROWS NEST! You can do that at level 75 ffs. I've done that 6 man dungeon with just 3 people so many times it's not even funny. WTF do you need gear and experience for Crows Nest for???

The best was one day in global lfm KK run only experienced and t4 geared.
    IVORY TOWER

Default Fun fun

RIFT is a good time ~ not so much elitism ... lol
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Personally, I find the whole elitism of the community to be just sad. Dungeon A gets released on Monday. On Tuesday groups are only looking for "experienced" people.
    I would read "experienced" in that relation as knowing/playing your class well and having good gear.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast