Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Not really. What makes PoMs more useful is the insane amount of imba CCs they got. Thats what support is after all.

And tbh in premades its better going Fangs than ST as ToS.
    That's the thing too, PoM's have a natural bubble and an AA bubble that lasts 30 secs (I think)? A ToS needs to feat into having a bubble, if they want to go that route. I agree Fangs and puppets is a good spec for premades on a ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    That's the thing too, PoM's have a natural bubble and an AA bubble that lasts 30 secs (I think)? A ToS needs to feat into having a bubble, if they want to go that route. I agree Fangs and puppets is a good spec for premades on a ToS.
    fangs is not good for premades based on my experience. You need more AOE or feats that help versus more than one opponent. In premades, you will be focused first and often. That means you have at least 2, usually 3 to 4, focusing you as soon as you appear. Fangs isn't going to help in this situation as it is single target.

Additionally, the TOS is the most well rounded class in the game. I love it when someone says the DT can out dps a tos. No, not by definition. A tos can AOE up to 3 targets with several spells at once, basically adding up the dps much quicker than most classes. However, if it is just a single target, then yes, the DT could I guess, never parsed it.

However, a class should not be looked at as I have read for the last 5 years in the forums:

* Tos can be out DPSed by other classes
    * TOs can be out healed by other classes
    * Tos can be out maneuvered by other classes
    * Tos can be out utilized by other classes
    * TOs doesn't have as many CCs as other classes

Yes, the tos is not the most OP in any class. What makes it unique, and why you don't see many play it, is its more complex than most other classes. Lets be honest, most tos players don't debuff, buff, heal and dps in a single mini, premade or not. They heal when they need it, buff the buffs that only matter to them, and rarely CC to save a team mate.

The list above, IMO, is what makes the class. Yes, the TOS isn't the #1 class in any category, however, it can do all those things, which NO other class can do. The TOS is unique, and therefore, most melee players could never play a tos effectively. Its not about just movement, or just circle strafing, or just focusing on a clothie. The tos has to monitor the other 5 players, offer buffs, debuffs as needed, run to throw a heal, worry about their position, and avoid the team basically gunning for them.

Its not enough to just get to PVP 10 and think you know. I compare it to driving a car. Some people who have driven for 50 years, are the worst drivers I ever saw. They just don't care aobut others around them, think they are the only ones on the road and that matter, and end up doing more harm than good.

In the game, if you play like this, you are more than likely to get a few complaints, and that will generally lead to you becoming a more selfish player, and that is what hurts the tos.

The perception of how it is is more reality than how it really is. It really is one of the better group classes in the game.

Also let me add, that I know for a fact, some of the tos posting here, have offered heals and took the death, just to keep their teammate alive to finish the opponent. Tell me another class that has players who would do that?

Rangers? Run as soon as someone looks at them
    Heavies? Run and hit bubble at 50%
    Demos? Same as rangers
    Sins? Don't come unless they have bubble
    Necros? Stay out of site and run like rangers

I also love it when I hear how all tos do is cast AOEs and run around. This is true. We cast AOEs and run for two reasons:

1. We die if we stand still for more than a second. We are one of the softest classes in game.

2. We have to run to help which ever teammate needs it. We are the "mothers" of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    fangs is not good for premades based on my experience. You need more AOE or feats that help versus more than one opponent.
    By more AoE you mean Aura i suppose?
    Since the guy you quoted replied to me let me clarify that when i said Fangs is better for premades i meant Fangs+Aura ofc.

And by feats that help versus more than one opponent you mean bubble probably, but ST in a premade will be used 3 times max due to huge CD. In those kind of matches you get proper support as ToS, so imo Fangs is better with its 1min CD even though its single target.

For the rest i agree with you, class is fine (but not OP) and i love it.
    Most interesting caster by miles.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

When I used to premade with my tos, I'd usually get the worst kd because yeah, my tos is the first and only focus, even when playing in tandem with hox buddy. But it is very very good for premade pvp. Heal/cc potential is fantastic.

In pve single target raid, tos can be first in dps and heals. In pve it's cc's are insanely long. And I've said before many times, when I'm on my dt or conq in premade, I'd rather have tos pom healing instead of bs, and this coming from a non bori'd pvp server open world pvp 10 bs player.

Quote Originally Posted by Furies- View Post
    Conq can out DPS ToS on single target!!! so yah, Conqs are OP for tank class...
    My tos does a little over 2k in 3 min straw test spellweave no pot/buffs. But my conq only does little under 1.9k. So I think you're wrong.

Default Sorry to necro this thread...

...but thought it would be a good spot to ask my questions.

So, just leveled a TOS to 80 - was a reasonable experience as this class is crazy easy in all areas(all are yes while levelling, but I did Isles 5 minutes after hitting 80 in blues).

Anyway, would like to try PVP at 80, but worried my movement is bad from levelling in PVE (although the Isles ape did get me moving). How do people keep moving with long cast times? Rely on idol/storm/aura and instant EF to keep moving?

Also, for gear I know everyone says it is easy to just get to PVP4, but without any gear and AA it will be very painful. Should I at least grind out say blue/purple Hyrk gear (less DPS, but at least has health and mana) and get a few key AAs then head in and switch to PVP gear as it becomes available?

Thanks for your feedback.
    Stygian...the best!

jump stright into it bud.embrace the **** thats gona happen.after you hit 4 and gain the decent gear.you will be better for it.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

You get superstrong accessories at PvP 0 now.

Combine with the best Khitai/Dragon's Spine stuff you can find

Here is fact.

1. you are low level, and primary easy kill, so prepare to die a lot and be chased without team help usually.
    2. You will get people who complain about your healing, no matter what you do.
    3. Game is gear dependent. So just level and get gear. Plus the time you spend leveling will help you get your rotations and situational responses better.
    4. Cast your AOEs, and run in, when they run out, you need to run out and recast. Unless you are not being focused, then let it rip wherever.
    5. Don't engage unless odds are in your favor. Either more of you than them, or your better players are next to you.
    6. Find a solid heavy or rogue, and stick with them, they will more than likely help you if you heal them. and early on, you are a healbot. Your dps wont even tickle a pvp 8-10.
    7. Ignore comments and post by trolls in and out of game. Don't let it discourage you.
    8. When your health gets low, 40%, look for an exit strategy.

This above is just my experience and my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

Good luck and enjoy the best class in game.

Good tips bruce gave here. Couple of more things:

Debuff, Debuff, Debuff! (you have all 3 kinds, especially make use of quick debuff from Lightning Sparks cancel)

ToS got very strong CCs. Make us of them.

Don't let deaths discourage you. Sometimes you need to concede, but when you do, don't fall without having them feel your wrath.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast