Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    CirithGorgor has done some good things for this game but may be dooming himself by these changes. The game is six years old now and I don't think veterans are appreciating having to learn their class over again...
    Well I currently play DT almost exclusively and I´m glad seeing these changes. If you are real veteran you love the game and would like to have it nicely poolished and balanced and not one sided Age of soldiers with bazilion tanks everywhere...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    No numbers yet. But I am curious to see what kind of stacking buffs they are talking about replacing VoM with. Like Barbarian stances? Super crappy agro at start of fights but imba at end?

CirithGorgor has done some good things for this game but may be dooming himself by these changes. The game is six years old now and I don't think veterans are appreciating having to learn their class over again.. Or changing the nature of the class such as that the gear meant for the class isn't the best any more.
    It's not veterans that complain about balances to their class, frankly my guard and conq are a joke in pvp... WAY over the top.

The whiners are 99% rerollers to the OP class for the sake of taking the op abilities.

VoM adds 125% crit damage, add the base 50% plus your normal average geared DT's 20% that means crit do *2.95 basically 3 times damage :\ On a tanky class?

PvE and PvP are different for balancing as PvE imbalance does not directly result in the weaker classes hugging the respad dying every 20-30 seconds.

When soldiers do more burst than rogues for their survival and you're dead in 5 seconds or so thinking YAAAAAAAY I'll res up again and die again.

In PvE you only know your class is weaker because of Parsers basically if it werent for parsers you're all still getting the loot and getting the bosses killed

In pvp you suffer 2 shot death frustration from classes you barely even scratch!

That is the difference in pvp to pve and the pvp whiners cry because they made their new rerolled classes to farm Kills Vs pugs
    Last edited by Surgery; 19th February 2014 at 11:04.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Well I currently play DT almost exclusively and I´m glad seeing these changes. If you are real veteran you love the game and would like to have it nicely poolished and balanced and not one sided Age of soldiers with bazilion tanks everywhere...
    Pretty much sums it up yeah.

I have R9 Conq i cannot bear to play it feels super noobish.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

The sad truth is most people, including so-called veterans, are used to play a cookie-cutter build and are afraid of any changes that requires them to find out a new feat/rotation/whatever on the forums (real vets find it by themselves, deckbuilding ftw).

Game hasn't changed a lot since introduction of Kithaï, some gameplays have evolved a bit, but it is mostly the same since 3 years so i understand that most players are used to play the same things, repeat the same actions, and don't want their habits (routine) changed by an upheaval. But it's nice, cause it open new opportunities if it's done properly, with new options if thoses options are viable. a Good class balance have to occurs are better rate than AoC (GW1/GW2 class balance happened all the 3 months), and are mostly to redistribute the cards amongs the class and shuffle the metagame in both pve and pvp. I hope they will happens more frequently now, despite the fact they are really time consuming for the devs teams as long as they don't have a team dedicated to it.

Tone down carnage dps.

Tone down desecration/gen build tanking.

Leave guards as be.

Leave brute as it is.

End of story.

Edit : This is from a total PvE perspective.
    Last edited by Kascio; 19th February 2014 at 11:33.

You can always go Bori, its pvp. The rocks and the trees don't hit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    most players are used to play the same things, repeat the same actions, and don't want their habits (routine) changed by an upheaval.
    This is a product and if as you say "most of the players dont wan't" the change the smart move of any manufacturer/developer/producer would be to dont touch it at all.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

These changes are not nerfs, but rebalancing. The difference between the two is that a nerf is a reduction to the current standard, a rebalance is creating a new standard.

Why anyone would think that balance means a soldier can run into a group of 5 players and pretty much instantly kill one clothie and maybe even another, bubble, and run away and repeat this process 20x during the course of a mini is just ridiculous, or be number 1-3 on a parse out of 24 people while tanking. None of that makes sense.

The only people who are concerned about these changes are:

1. Crappy re-rollers who spent the last year or two gearing their soldiers to farm pugs
    2. Pver's who are more concerned with looking good on a parse and pvers who have no restraint in dealing dps.
    3. Average pvpers who by class changes and introduction of t4 weapons and armor found themselves doing much better than they ever have on a class which was gradually made OP (mainly conq and dt) and now do not want any challenge or effort introduced into the class.
    4. Veterans who no longer care about challenging play and prefer how their class plays now.

It's hard to defend not changing anything when you think about these groups of uninformed players flooding TL with nonsense, because almost every player who was here before AoC got drunk with critical rating and dps stats agree that soldiers currently, in pve (exclude guard for pve) and pvp are just ridiculous. You don't balance around ridiculous.

What happened was that players who joined AoC late in it's life only know these inbalanced classes and don't know any better. It's very disheartening to see players with loads of time in the game post all these biased, qq posts on TL further confusing newish players. Your just doing a disservice to the game by doing so. Any older player should be happy about these changes and help educate newer players why it is necessary, that's your duty as a veteran. Not blowing up TL with qq and hate posts because your mad you will no longer be as OP farming clothies and blue geared players on a rez.
    Last edited by Suctum; 19th February 2014 at 11:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    This is a product and if as you say "most of the players dont wan't" the change the smart move of any manufacturer/developer/producer would be to dont touch it at all.
    Probably, but i guess it's among other reasons why AoC have bad reputation and not considered as hard game :/

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    You can always go Bori, its pvp. The rocks and the trees don't hit back.
    The rocks has too much armor nerf pliz my cloth dies

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast