Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Post stance changing

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Bad move? Play a clothie or a barb and then come back to your tank. Crazy how easy the game suddenly becomes, isn't it?

Soldiers are far too forgiving classes and the instant stance swapping mid combo/while kbed etc along with the high mitigation/prot in frenzy are basically the core of the issue (for guard anyway, DT/conqs can sit in def and still do ok damage)

Atm a soldier in frenzy has the mitigation and protection of a barb or a clothie (depends on your spec/gear). How is that fair when we have a good +50% hp and one button to press to get back to 50% + armour/prot? Not to mention bubbles or life taps or the superior (or at least equal) dps. Tanks can kill their targets as fast as sins can (seriously) while being 2 or even 3-4 times harder to kill.

There is no way you can't see this obvious fact, unless you don't WANT to see it and just want to keep your easymode gameplay.
    Yes, You have some good points here but don't forget about the speed of barbs and sins as this supposed to be their weapon too, so clearly they are not defenseless.

To sum it up: increase the debuff of frenzy but keep the cooldown as it is.
    Last edited by AliGawron; 20th February 2014 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Although some of the changes are nice Im afraid we might step into
    the dark ages of Casters yet again.
    This is what I´m also affraid. Especially Demos/Necros will become too strong
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

If they have any sense demos/necros should be nerfed heavily, specially on cc department coz with new pvp gear basicly u have t4 mages with protection and tenacity and well played t4 mage could kill any soldier already. If not - prepare for age of casters and range combat.

I find that my DT already lags behind my guardian in ability to consistently hold aggro, which is the reason I play the guard more often. They may need to give something back there.

Or we could just confine PvP driven changes to the PvP ruleset servers. Looks like I will be abandoning more characters because of the PvP they don't participate in anyways.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclea View Post
    Looks like I will be abandoning more characters because of the PvP they don't participate in anyways.
    You will abandon your chars for small tweaks on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    You will abandon your chars for small tweaks on it ?
    I find it impossible to enjoy playing characters that no longer perform as well as they used to. Call that what you may; it's simply true. I will have to abandon them for a very long time before I find them playable again, at minimum. This has held true for many different games, and is usually what prompts me to leave them.

I abandoned my ranger for more than a year. That class is still broken, with essentially one PvE spec, and no longer actually has the advantage of range in PvE either. The class is only OK if you don't mind shooting your bows from melee range because you need Master Trapper to perform adequately. This is why PvP driven changes need to stay confined to PvP servers with PvP rulesets.

And I don't really like playing the caster classes I've tried; HoX is too busy and fussy; demo is fun in groups but no fun solo, and plays like a generic caster class; just started out on necro.
    Last edited by Heraclea; 20th February 2014 at 20:00.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

You know, i have the same feeling, but reversed : my first char was DT, and once the initial feeling of discovering VoM uberness, i've no fun playing it. Same for demo after wave of flames, and conq after revamp (deleted it). I think nerfs are good for the game cause they push people to have a new glimpse of their class they used to play. A new start.

Here's my suggestion:
    Leave the aas etc alone.
    Create a new aa tree that is ONLY for pvp, and can be activated only in pvp zones.

I wish this forum allows for images cus we'd only need epic eyerolls and/or facepalm as rebuttals for 75% of the posts.

all the storm field aura tosses will be running around healing getting top kills now with the protection nerfs, dt too easy but at least you have to land a combo

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast