Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Why not make it partly melee at least? Rangers can totally ignore melee atm and still be successful (and most go that route). Forcing them to use melee a bit can't hurt, on the contrary. It will make the class a whole lot less boring and less OP in pugs as well (as in, they can't just stand back racking up kills from a safe spot)
    Why you don't turn partly ranged DT or guard? Don't have any reason too..

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    First of all ranger has melee combos, in fact you can have 4 melee cc as ranger (knock, snare, root and fear) and there feats in tree and AA to buff melee. Therefore ranger is imagined to have melee and to make class more interesting it would be fun to expand on those.
    Right now there are rangers that wants to keep class noob friendly and 1 shot clothies from 30 m.

@Suctum: sword and dagger is cool and more along the line as weapon of some scout than shield. But any kind of melee would be fun and they should expand on it more. If that is properly done ranger could become most fun class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Hilarious. But I'm sure you know very well why I said what I said. Unless you actually never touched the ranger class.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Hilarious. But I'm sure you know very well why I said what I said. Unless you actually never touched the ranger class.
    Right now I have 6th pvp ranger. And I use TTS in the past until I get enough AA for Deadly Draw.

Dam, that's explain everything... that's why lately i can only see priest/mages in minis ='

As is noted in the OP's quote, this is a PVP inspired change. Who amongst the PVE majority asked for these changes?

Here's a novel idea.

Have another server called, say, Fury.
    Make it a dedicated PVP server so if the PVP community shout for changes to classes you can change them to your hearts content and these changes will be in the sand boxed Fury server and will not spill across into PVE servers populated by people who did not cry for change.

Does that sound so unreasonable or are we to have a situation where the PVP tail wags the PVE dog just because a minority shout loudest?

Soldiers have been op in pve too for too long. Dts and carnie conqs doing more dps then classes which the only task is to dps is just bad game design, why don't let dps classes to tank then? Good it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackApior View Post
    Soldiers have been op in pve too for too long. Dts and carnie conqs doing more dps then classes which the only task is to dps is just bad game design, why don't let dps classes to tank then? Good it will be fixed.
    Exactly... and even some PvE players (yes mostly veterans who loves AoC and have brain) were calling for it. And btw I tried to tank/PvP without VoM recently and did it both quite successfuly
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by ZackApior View Post
    Is it the soldiers that is OP? Or the dps classes that needs revamping and buffing..?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Rangers deal some pretty awesome melee damage when equipped with the right weapon and buffs.

Who says you can't incorporate a little melee during a KB, jump back, switch to bow/crossbow and finish someone off. The few rangers that play that way (and I can count them on one hand) make the class look totally awesome and cool when you play with some style and use all your abilities.

The rangers that sit max range and spam the same scripted sequence: Marked Target, Line breaker/Shattering/Pen Shot/TSS make the class look crusty.
    In PVE, Rangers aren't really a ranged class any more. PvE performance depends completely on using the Master Trapper buff, which can in fact be made permanent, outperforms Advantages and other buffs, but which requires the ranger to be very close to melee range.

Ranger PVE was broken by the last round of PVP inspired nerfs, in other words.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟