Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming T4 Memory Cloud???

I am 100% positive Funcom didn't intend Sabazios in Wing 1 to be killed in a corner without breaking the snake heads.

Don't even talk about Kylikki!
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 18th February 2014 at 15:55.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I think of an exploit as a player taking advantage of a mechanic in a manner not intended by the game's designers. A game mechanics exploit is not a bug—it is working as designed, but at the same time is not working as intended.
    under 60sec Louhi kills
    kill Louhi while draining mana and ignore coffins
    kill Athyr Bast tank&spank style
    kill Kyllikki before she runs off to summon the adds
    kill Vistrix before it can do the stun spell
    shard farming using the tables

what thoughts do the above examples generate?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    I am 100% positive Funcom didn't intend Sabazios in Wing 1 to be killed in a corner without breaking the snake heads.
    A broken raid script is not the same as bypassing raid lockouts or farming MC runs bypassing all progression for your alts accessories and some weapons.

Nice try though.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    A broken raid script is not the same as bypassing raid lockouts or farming MC runs bypassing all progression for your alts accessories and some weapons.

Nice try though.
    I've always been locked out of MC every time I've killed it. I've never heard of anyone not getting locked out when they kill any mini boss.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    As someone with practice of using different kind of game editors I'd love if theoreticians would shut up and do not talk about complexity of this work. You know nothing Jhon Snow.
    I agree that neither of us can fully understand or guess at the complexity of implementing/changing anything in Age of Conan as I assume neither of us have worked as developers at Funcom. All we can do is theorize based on prior knowledge of systems/softwares which in all likely hood are very dis-similar to what Funcom uses. Just because we may have knowledge about a dozen different game editors doesn't mean we really know anything about the one Funcom uses.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Some things are easy and some not because you said so? It's basic skill of any designer and software engineer to check boundary conditions. It should and had to be foreseen during making mechanic script phase if it would be find undesirable. If designer would not see it, there is also QA team to find that out.

Let's not make idiots of FC developers. Especially when together with T4 instances they were working on revamped Dungeon System lockout, so they had no reason to not check how they will work together.
    By your statements, all software designers, software developers, software engineers, QA teams, etc. are perfect in their work. No bugs or unintended mechanics will ever slip through in any product, anywhere, ever. /sarcasm

We are all human, we are flawed, we can't be perfect at everything we do. We make mistakes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the instance layout of T4 is the only case where the instance binding mechanic can be used in the exact manner of those who farm MC. I don't find it as much of a surprise that that edge case in the Instance binding Mechanics was never noticed or properly handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    under 60sec Louhi kills
    kill Louhi while draining mana and ignore coffins
    kill Athyr Bast tank&spank style
    kill Kyllikki before she runs off to summon the adds
    kill Vistrix before it can do the stun spell
    shard farming using the tables

what thoughts do the above examples generate?
    I'm thinking that AOC should be renamed to Age of Shortcuts

Honestly, I don't care much about what is "Illegal" in Aoc and what is not. But I do have an opinion about what is lame/meh AKA boring.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Sabazios is not broken, lol. I'm starting to question your knowledge of this game. Ahazu was broken when he just stood still on his place without any poison clouds. That was a broken raid script.

and nobody is bypassing raid lockouts, you kill a boss you get a lockout timer. removing that raid lockout somehow is, however, an exploit.
    by your logic, switching a toon to something else for some boss in hopes that an item would drop, would also be an exploit. because that toon is bypassing all progression! :O

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    By your statements, all software designers, software developers, software engineers, QA teams, etc. are perfect in their work.
    Nope, but you require from them some base skills. It's not minor flaw. It's huge hole. You cannot allow to let through such major flaw on system you are working at currently. Especially when this bug was reported by players many times back in 2012. Also if it would be such huge fail like you insist they should not pretend 2 years like nothing bad happened.

It'd would be like surgeon leaving tools inside your body. He need to be kicked right away after doing such stuff, because he clearly chose wrong specialization. If someone would fail like this on job interview test I'd never ever hire them.

Funcom developers were working on Dungeon System Louckout same time with T4 also to eliminate major binding bug there. Farming Sheng multiple times a week if you left Basilisk alive, anyone remember?
    Last edited by bogus; 18th February 2014 at 16:12.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

LOL player who don't know difference between raid and dungeon and don't know T4 tactic reporting something as "exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Sabazios is not broken, lol. I'm starting to question your knowledge of this game. Ahazu was broken when he just stood still on his place without any poison clouds. That was a broken raid script.

and nobody is bypassing raid lockouts, you kill a boss you get a lockout timer. removing that raid lockout somehow is, however, an exploit.
    by your logic, switching a toon to something else for some boss in hopes that an item would drop, would also be an exploit. because that toon is bypassing all progression! :O
    Actually the Sabazious script has been broken for many years as I think Scaevacas alluded to in his previous comment.

Specifically you should have to tank Sabazious by each of the (i think 4) snake heads in the room, you move him around the room to nuke him and each snake head - failure to do so spawns more snakes and makes Sabazious nuke you harder. So the current script is very broken.

But we are digressing..
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 18th February 2014 at 16:17.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast