Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming T4 Memory Cloud???

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Someone already wrote down the exploit: You can run unlimited number of runs. Not only 24.
    You can also run unlimited runs of Yakhmar, Wing 2, Thoth-Amon Stronghold etc. Exploits!
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Based on the supposed exploit of MC, No one here has farmed shards have they?

Just checking, I figured none of you have. Considering it's the basis of coming into an already cleared instance and killing adds.

Oh, and I'm going to assume that you haven't come to a T3 "Thoth" only kill or swapped toons before hitting the box. That was be an exploit too considering that you have have a cleared instance to Thoth, kill the guy on already geared toons, and then swap to an alt in blue **** gear.

BUT HEY, it's T3/T2, and it's old content, or everyone is doing it rite? Ya, those are the types of excuses that usually hold up in a discussion, or courtroom.

I just find it funny that because of the type of loot, people have issues with it based mainly on an alt of someone else having better loot than a person who raids consistantly in another guild or what ever.

3 words, "Get Over It!"
    MC and shard farming are two entirely different things, as you well know. It may be argued that shard farming is an exploit, in that you are getting the trash mobs to respawn to kill them again, but it is an entirely unrelated issue to farming MC.

You could even try to extend that further. You could say farming those birds in Purple Lotus swamp for leather is exploiting, as you are getting them to respawn so you can kill them over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Door 1 Sheng Basilisk
    Door 2 Imp-Zodiac-Emperor
    Door 3 MC Entity
    If Funcom made it that way, yeah, MC farming wouldn't be an exploit. But they deliberately made it so you have to complete each instance in order before moving on.
    Last edited by tapwater; 18th February 2014 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    You highlight one reason we have exploiters. They say that: "Oh, Funcom hasn't explicitly stated this is an exploit, so it must be perfectly ok."
    Stating exploit isn't the only way to know something is exploit or not. There are two more.
    1. People get banned for using it.
    2. Mechanic is broken.

With memory cloud farm nothing is true. It's bad design as eq. Borii. Player behavior may be found unintended, but not mechanic itself. Ergo it cannot be called exploit because it did not match its definition.
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Changing order of bosses is not going to happen, would require redoing Jade Citadel and Chambers of Lost Dream almost from scratch.
    We can't know exactly how hard it would be to redo the boss order a bit. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to move the Emperor into the Chamber of Lost Dreams. It appears like there should be enough physical space in the zone to hold the Emperor room + two side halls. They would just have to make the two doors after the Kiera/Lhu Zhi choice bring you to the rez pad lobby instead of Emperors room.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Stating exploit isn't the only way to know something is exploit or not. There are two more.
    1. People get banned for using it.
    2. Mechanic is broken.

With memory cloud farm nothing is true. It's bad design as eq. Borii. Player behavior may be found unintended, but not mechanic itself. Ergo it cannot be called exploit because it did not match its definition.
    1. No one is getting banned. (My theory is that they would have to ban like half of the server, and they are too worried about money lost by alienating that many exploiters.)

2. Mechanic is indeed broken. A proper instance binding mechanic wouldn't allow the exploit to even happen. The problem is that isn't easy to design/implement something that works perfectly and doesn't provide loop holes for players to exploit.
    Last edited by tapwater; 18th February 2014 at 15:28.

I think we can all safely agree there two bugs/exploits that really need fixing here.

1. The ability to do any number of the same raids on the same char per week.
    2. The ability to do multiple MC runs off 1 Emperor kill.

So lets make sure Funcom are aware of these issues and ask them to please fix them.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

You highlight one reason we have exploiters. They say that: "Oh, Funcom hasn't explicitly stated this is an exploit, so it must be perfectly ok." What you forget is Funcom does not talk talk about an exploit. They won't even go so far as to confirm that something is an exploit. They simply follow Funcom Policy.

The guilds you talk about must realize this. They understand how the MC farming is an exploit, and as such they don't want their communities to take part in such an activity. It is harming the health of this game and will most likely cause people to quit all that much sooner as they deck out all their alts in T4 gear.
    It has already been established that there is no exploit. There is no bug either. Funcom have made the instance binding mechanism we have today and it has been here quite a long time and it is used in all of the instances, not just T4. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I cannot talk here about exploits because its against the rules. But even you understand what exploits are, i'm sure.

ex•ploit2 (ɪkˈsplɔɪt)

v.t.
    1. to utilize, esp. for profit; turn to practical account: to exploit a business opportunity.

2. to take advantage of; promote.

3. to use selfishly for one's own ends.

You can deny all you want, using any argument you seek to justify your actions, it is what it is. Farm away if you want, it's PvE, you want that ubber gear on your fresh level 80 toon, go for it. You are paying for this game afterall, aren't you so you can do whatever you want. You don't want challange, you don't want fair-play, you just want that shiny purple pixelated thingy that makes you look better than others in a virtual world, no matter what.

But don't come here defending it saying it isnt an exploit of a mechanic the game developers left open for whatever reason. The thread has been closed on TL forums, as this one will soon to be locked, so it might have finally cought the Dev's attention to the matter. Hurry up with those MC runs...

We can't know exactly how hard it would be to redo the boss order a bit.
    (...)
    The problem is that isn't easy to design/implement something that works perfectly and doesn't provide loop holes for players to exploit.
    As someone with practice of using different kind of game editors I'd love if theoreticians would shut up and do not talk about complexity of this work. You know nothing Jhon Snow.

Some things are easy and some not because you said so? It's basic skill of any designer and software engineer to check boundary conditions. It should and had to be foreseen during making mechanic script phase if it would be find undesirable. If designer would not see it, there is also QA team to find that out.

Let's not make idiots of FC developers. Especially when together with T4 instances they were working on revamped Dungeon Lockout System, so they had no reason to not check how those twho things will work together.

So lets make sure Funcom are aware of these issues and ask them to please fix them.
    You know it was reported back in July 2012 when content was still on TL? So I guess FC is not aware at all.

Wulfgaarr, you know that using your definition Borii farmers are also exlpoiters? Those who gear up using rares from single instance also. Or world boss farmers. GG.
    Last edited by bogus; 18th February 2014 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    It has already been established that there is no exploit. There is no bug either. Funcom have made the instance binding mechanism we have today and it has been here quite a long time and it is used in all of the instances, not just T4. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I cannot talk here about exploits because its against the rules. But even you understand what exploits are, i'm sure.
    I think of an exploit as a player taking advantage of a mechanic in a manner not intended by the game's designers. A game mechanics exploit is not a bug—it is working as designed, but at the same time is not working as intended.

I am 100% positive Funcom did not intend for the instance binding mechanism to be abused like it is for MC farming.

I think of an exploit as a player taking advantage of a mechanic in a manner not intended by the game's designers. A game mechanics exploit is not a bug—it is working as designed, but at the same time is not working as intended.

I am 100% positive Funcom did not intend for the instance binding mechanism to be abused like it is for MC farming.
    How are you to pretend knowing at 100% the intention of devs around this ? You just don't know, like others, but pretending is not proving.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast