Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Farming T4 Memory Cloud???

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    This ?

You can, if you take another char. That is how the binding system works, raid id per char.

I would like agreeing with you on skill-based progression, but experience told me that even the worst skilled player can achieve anything if he's in the right guild. I've heard that Wildstar try to work on some serious endgame hardcore raiding that doesn't allow a slacker to achieve top raiding. I doubt it's something other than communication to promote the game, but if it's true, i invite you to look at this game closely.
    Nice try but that wasnt a question it was a statement. Clearly you dont understand or dont want to understand what my point is.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I guess the discussion is over then

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    It is something that's VERY easy to fix, so it leads me to believe that it's probably working as intended.
    I doubt it is easy to "fix" at all. There are things that seem like they would be easy to do that would lessen the desire, but not fix the actual problem. They could move emperor into the MC instance to have a gatekeeper or they could move the loot. But I don't see any easy way to fix the instance binding system to stop something like the MC farming without causing problems elsewhere. If you have a fully thought out design that completely fixes the issue, please lay it out for us and Funcom.

I wonder how hard it would be for Funcom to put in a gear check at the beginning of MC, like on Sadur. Something like a room wide aoe which will instantly kill anyone under a certain gear threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    And @ Phil77 stop typing. Just stop... Troll.
    Interesting how a lot of posts seem to have gone off track arguing about things unrelated to the exploit itself. Arguing for the sake of arguing and pulling the thread off topic.

Put MC loot on emperor and Emperor loot on MC. Issue resolved.

I guess the discussion is over then
    No it is not. Your lack of comprehension is whats made it over for you.

Once the Memory Cloud is killed it should be dead. You SHOULD NOT be able to come in and farm it dozens of times off the back of 1 Emperor kill.

Once its dead the ID for all the original 24 people in that raid should update to indicate that its dead and that the entity is the next boss.

That is what needs fixing.

Another good fix on top of locking the MC ID once its dead is to move all the Dragon tears, accessories and weapons to the Emperor fight and just let the MC drop the trash that Emperor currently drops.
    That would be the perfect fix for me.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Raid id is applied on MC instance for chars that have killed the first boss.
    LOBBY IS DIFFERENT THING
    LOBBY ISN'T BOUND.
    LOBBY IS FREE ACCESS.
    THERE IS NO RAID ID ON LOBBIES. NEVER.

You can still access to lobby with your char bound to the following instance like in TAS or in BRC.
    If you enter with your char bound, you will find empty instance or missing bosses. YOU CANT FARM ENDLESSLY WITH THE SAME CHAR ANY BOSS.
    If you enter with a char unbound you will find new and fresh instance.

ALL the system works with LOBBIES.
    BRC :

LOBBY A -> W1
    LOBBY A-> W2
    LOBBY A-> W3

TAS

LOBBY A-> Lower floor
    LOBBY B-> Upper floor

T4

LOBBY A->Courtyard->LOBBY B-> Garden to Emperor court->LOBBY C->Memcloud and then if Memcloud cleared, Entity Room

Is there anything i failed to explain here ? Sorry if english is not my native langage, i try my best to resume the whole thing.
    My last post on this, i'm just tired of you, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Put MC loot on emperor and Emperor loot on MC. Issue resolved.
    That is not a fix, it is simply a deterrent to make MC farming less desirable.

Once its dead the ID for all the original 24 people in that raid should update to indicate that its dead and that the entity is the next boss.
    That sounds like a solution which would fix things without creating any kind of big new problems. And it would be an actual fix, exploit no longer possible. If done right it would allow any other instances that ended up in the same chain layout to not have problems either.

The worst situation I can think of would be in a case where a guild runs two T4 raids, and Player A kills Sheng + Basilisk but has to leave early for whatever reason (work emergency). With current instance binding mechanics, he could join the 2nd full T4 raid at Imp to continue his one set of kills, but not with the changed mechanics. I think that wouldn't be too much of a sacrafice to stop the exploiting.

Once the Memory Cloud is killed it should be dead. You SHOULD NOT be able to come in and farm it dozens of times off the back of 1 Emperor kill.

That is what needs fixing.

Another good fix on top of locking the MC ID once its dead is to move all the Dragon tears, accessories and weapons to the Emperor fight and just let the MC drop the trash that Emperor currently drops.
    That would be the perfect fix for me.
    took you quite long to understand what is the issue here.
    the instance binding system allows memory cloud raids. and it only allows it because T4 is split into three instances not only one like other instances. and this is what Drest the mod confirmed from higher ups earlier in this same thread.

"In the case of the Memory cloud it seems to me that you are not in fact exploiting the system because:

1. In order to get to the memory cloud you need to kill the bosses leading up to it and;

2. You need to actually do the fights in Memory cloud in order to roll on the loot.

3. Jade Citadel is by design split into sections to facilitate easier access to the later parts of the instance after killing the bosses to get there."

memory cloud raids use, not abuse, the instance binding system to make these raids possible. no one has forbidden these raids except certain guilds and individuals.
    what you and others seek from this thread is official statement that either allow or disallow these raids.

Is there anything i failed to explain here ? Sorry if english is not my native langage, i try my best to resume the whole thing.
    My last post on this, i'm just tired of you, really.
    Nobody is forcing you to write. And fyi your English is very good.

But! MC farming is an exploit. Its not a reward for killing the Emperor. It should not be open to be killed multiple times over and over for free easy T4 loot.

If you disagree thats your opinion, I'm all about democracy and freedom of speech.

But as gear is the only form of progression in AOC im pretty sure they did not intend for scrubs and bad players turning up on their 10th alt MC run each week. Looking at EVERY other instance and raid in AOC they all are a 1 time thing each with a timer lockout. Excepting the badly written Lobby/MC script. Which IMO is broken and needs fixing.

But by all means stick to your opinion, be stubborn - it works for me.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    took you quite long to understand what is the issue here.
    the instance binding system allows memory cloud raids. and it only allows it because T4 is split into three instances not only one like other instances. and this is what Drest the mod confirmed from higher ups earlier in this same thread.

"In the case of the Memory cloud it seems to me that you are not in fact exploiting the system because:

1. In order to get to the memory cloud you need to kill the bosses leading up to it and;

2. You need to actually do the fights in Memory cloud in order to roll on the loot.

3. Jade Citadel is by design split into sections to facilitate easier access to the later parts of the instance after killing the bosses to get there."

memory cloud raids use, not abuse, the instance binding system to make these raids possible. no one has forbidden these raids except certain guilds and individuals.
    what you and others seek from this thread is official statement that either allow or disallow these raids.
    Shut up. Seriously.
    Normally I would say everyone has the right to bring something to the table.

You should bring silence.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!