Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming T4 Memory Cloud???

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    "An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(video_gaming)

In the case of the Memory cloud it seems to me that you are not in fact exploiting the system because:

1. In order to get to the memory cloud you need to kill the bosses leading up to it and;

2. You need to actually do the fights in Memory cloud in order to roll on the loot.

3. Jade Citadel is by design split into sections to facilitate easier access to the later parts of the instance after killing the bosses to get there.

Does this in any way create an unfair advantage to anyone?
    Well, it could be argued that in some ways it is an equalizer rather than a divider as it opens up possibilities for those not in a leading raid guild to access higher tier loots.
    Thank you for your answer! If its the official statement from the mods, from Funcom, then we have to accept it. But if i were you, i would take care more about what the community says. A lot of ppl are angry and frustrated because it seems like noone cares to fix the problem and make T4 valuable and respectful again. Just 1 example from Guild Wars 2: once it happened, that in a weekly update there was an armor set, which had the same mesh as the most expensive armor in the game, the culture set. The textures had flame effects and in the game shop it was cheaper than in the game, so a few people started to complain on the forum. After a few hours the armor wasn't available anymore, they removed it because a small part of the community didn't like it. After 2 years it's still not too late to do something for the players and try to keep them.

Moderators are volunteers: I would not take that statement as an official response from Funcom about the MC issue.

I would like to see an official response from a dev as to whether or not this is considered a misuse of in game mechanics. Until then, its six of one half dozen of the other.

And I have suggested breaking up the t4 instances such that there is:

Sheng til zodiac

Emperor to MC

Entity

or something like that

how is it different then people killing the first two bosses in wing one and then farming shards with a 6 man every week?

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Hey everyone,
    LOL, another Thread about MC ? Boring.
    We will be Serious after death.

You are correct it isn't an official Funcom response. However, i did check with higher ups before making the post.

And as i got the ok to post that, well... work it out amongst yourselves.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Thank you for your answer! If its the official statement from the mods, from Funcom, then we have to accept it. But if i were you, i would take care more about what the community says. A lot of ppl are angry and frustrated because it seems like noone cares to fix the problem and make T4 valuable and respectful again.
    A lot of people ? Some forum whiners from well known guilds.
    That does not make them the whole community.

And thanks FC for that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam5not8 View Post
    A lot of people ? Some forum whiners from well known guilds.
    That does not make them the whole community.

And thanks FC for that statement.
    Still not an official response, so the question is still up in the air. Would be nice if we got a real official response from the Game Director to solve this debate once and for all, but that doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Still not an official response, so the question is still up in the air. Would be nice if we got a real official response from the Game Director to solve this debate once and for all, but that doesn't seem like it will ever happen.
    reading is obviously not one of your strong points he clearly states its oked from official funcom higher ups case closed

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    reading is obviously not one of your strong points he clearly states its oked from official funcom higher ups case closed
    He got the OK to make a post stating his own opinion. It still isn't an official post.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    And as i got the ok to post that, well... work it out amongst yourselves.
    That is still open to interpretation. If Funcom really wants there to be an official word on this issue, they will do more than let a volunteer moderator make a post like that.

Oh, and on this matter:
    reading is obviously not one of your strong points
    ... looks back in thread, finds this:
    how is it different then people killing the first two bosses in wing one and then farming shards with a 6 man every week?
    ... looks back in thread farther to where it was already discussed... laughs
    Last edited by tapwater; 18th February 2014 at 21:23.

Even if an official post confirms the moderator's one, some of you will still deny and call exploit.
    It seems virtual loots drama make people very angry

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast