Thread: Really new player ???

Default Really new player ???

Im a REALLY new player to MMO and I have a few questions. I currently a level 18 DT and I'm having fun

1. is there a guide online that can be a little more helpful for the non level 80 players? been looking at the forums and there is stuff I have know idea what it is?

2. travel to different worlds/lands... do I need to be a certain level or is everything in Tortage (sp)?

3. Crafting... what is that and is that also a higher level?

4. going to the underhalls/whitesand being attacked by people in guilds, do they get a bonus for that or just like killing the weak?

thanks for any answered questions

Quote Originally Posted by ponchof View Post
    Im a REALLY new player to MMO and I have a few questions. I currently a level 18 DT and I'm having fun

1. is there a guide online that can be a little more helpful for the non level 80 players? been looking at the forums and there is stuff I have know idea what it is?

2. travel to different worlds/lands... do I need to be a certain level or is everything in Tortage (sp)?

3. Crafting... what is that and is that also a higher level?

4. going to the underhalls/whitesand being attacked by people in guilds, do they get a bonus for that or just like killing the weak?

thanks for any answered questions
    Im not sure about a new player guide. In the old forums there was but not sure in the new 1s. You just need to check often i spose.

Best to stay on tort til you get the quest to leave it so most ppl its around lvl 20. I always stayed in tort til i did all my quests.

Crafting is due for a revamp. Its not something you will worry about til your off tort. Basically when off tort you will go to the gathering zones and start gathering quests and then choose your crafting professions there.

Sounds like your on the pvp server. On the pve server ppl cant attack you. Yes they are feeding on the week, and yes there guilds do get pts for it. Fun stuff huh. My advice re roll your dt on a pve server. Really your only lvl 18

Pvp server is much more fun. Sure u get killed now and then, but it gives much more thrill walking through the lands knowing you r always in danger. Just like in conans era

PVP server is much more interesting but lower in population. Everything depends what you like. I remember being ganked attack by others, usually higher lvl players, but it was something which pushed me forward and i wanted to get better and better. Don't go frustrated by that and continue your journey on the pvp side. Cheers.

thanks for the answers.

I've made it to lvl 20

Thanks again. Canucknuck

Crafting in the current state is very good. While levelling, you will earn a lot of cash with selling tradeskill resources, and, if lucky, with finding rare recipes! At higher levels, it gets very interesting with raid crafting and group searches for recipes.
    When you hit 40, you usually have over 5 gold (9-12) with some effort (checking trader prices daily, selling, recipe hunting, etc.) if you craft.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

^ Crafting is crap. Never do crafting Poncho.

yea, you might even earn some money and become a capitalist pig, god forbid
    Last edited by Argantes; 24th February 2014 at 13:29.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

You might wanna take a peak at This Machine Age: it's a blog for AOC and MMO newbies.

There are entries on stats, some gameplay tips, and on the economy etc. It has links to other AOC sites for advanced players, too.

Hope this is of some help.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan