Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We Need Generic Classes...

Default We Need Generic Classes...

I've been playing AoC for almost two years and I love it... IMHO, best MMO I've played... But one of the problems with AoC is that it does not acknowledge that there are those not born to be grand, they must fight for it...

IMHO there is a big need for new classes, preferably more generic that can be used by any race...

Currently, the Sygians have no soldier class and the Cimmerians have no magic user class... I think this should be rectified as, even within the REH ideal, there is room for a Cimmerian Mage.

Here are my suggestions:

Vanguard Class (Soldier)
    Weapons: Two Handed Blunt, Two Handed Edged, Crossbow
    Attacks: Melee Based
    Armour: Heavy to Plate

Faithful Acolyte (Healer)
    Weapons, One Handed Blunt, Shield, Talisman, dual wield (No ranged weapon needed as he/she will have ranged attacks)
    Attacks: One Melee attack, Simple Divine Ranged Attacks, powerful heal spells
    Armour: Medium to Heavy

Skirmisher (Rogue)
    One Handed Edged, One Handed Blunt, Pole Arm, Bow, Shield, Dual Wield
    Attacks: Melee Based
    Armour: Light to Medium

Elementalist (Mage)
    Weapons: one handed edged, talisman
    Attacks, Magic Based, but more gained through feats. Wind/Fire or Earth/Water...
    Armour, Cloth to Silk

It's a suggestion, but I think it's a good one...
    Last edited by wancow; 9th February 2014 at 19:57.

New classes? HELLZ no.

Open demo and necro to Aquis and Cimmerians, open guard and dt for stygians. Everyone has something of everything. Done.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I agree that classes shouldn't be restricted by race. Stygians not being able to be soldiers and barbarians (remember, Stygia isn't just inhabited by sorcerers and assassins - there are also various more primitive tribes and raiders!) is especially silly - I guess it's simply to make races "more balanced"; "if Cimmerians cant have mages, Stygians shouldn't have soldiers.."

Imo, both Aquilonians and Cimmerians should be able to make mages (and Cimmerians assassins > look at Keaira!). Even if Aquilonians and Cimmerians have a strong disdain for magic, there are bound to be exceptions and outliers - if I recall right both the Aquilonian and Cimmerian destiny questgivers claim to have "arcane talents", and there are plenty of mystical phenomena in Cimmeria, like House of Crom, haunted forests and sorcerers in Atzel's.

I've also been giving some thought to new classes. I don't think AoC needs more - 12 is plenty, and there is plenty that can be done with those that we have. However, "vanity" classes, as one might call it, would be cool. For instance, Khitans not having bear shaman as class, but a priest class called "monks" or something, that is identical to bear shaman except having different skill icons, animations, spell gfx, aa names etc... But I guess that might be too much trouble for little gain, however awesome an pseudo-hox "Ymirish Hearteater" or pseudo-necro "Shemite Witchdoctor" would be.

Seeing as we're unlikely to see new races with the current development pace, I guess this is just a daydream though. Removing class restrictions would be great in any case!

I could never understand why Dark Templar class is not available to Stygians.

Funcom can't balance 12 classes, and you want to add more? Stygians don't have soldiers, so what? Who cares about it? Cimmerians don't have mages... why they must have it? Game have enough problems without adding new classes

I say no to new classes. If anything should be done about the classes, FC should open up the strict race vs class-line they're doing. As others have mentioned, give Stygians access to DT's, for example.

Unless you're looking at a full-on class-system revamp where you have a bigger degree of freedom in terms of classes (Four main archetypes as today, but you choose which class to actually specialize in over the course of gameplay), leave the classes alone as they are.

Besides, I'd look upon a complete class-mechanic revamp with utter dread, and would rather it absolutely NOT happen.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

They originally planned more classes and scrapped them at launch
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Funcom can't balance 12 classes, and you want to add more? Stygians don't have soldiers, so what? Who cares about it? Cimmerians don't have mages... why they must have it? Game have enough problems without adding new classes
    Agreed. Don't care about having more classes either way, but I care nothing about having stygian soldiers or Cimmerian mages.
    Nothing wrong with taking another "race" if that race can't have a certain class.

Please no more classes! Game is somehow balanced now (with upcoming gear changes) new classes will make it unbalanced again
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    They originally planned more classes and scrapped them at launch
    Some was fusionned to one class so they have more possibilities, which was a good move imho.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast