Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stamina = Damage Increase (revamp)

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

im up to any changes to pvp which would make it more balanced and complex - i remind you guys that this is just a sugestion and would be long way to implement it

btw i had few ideas also and i dont recall to at least one dev before Cirith had look at any of ideas/implementations to the game made by players - they seriously had us deep in somewhere where i wouldnt like to be :/

always was long long fight for anything - especially in pvp but that changed so please pve nabs go to your caves and dont come out

well imo this what throughoutthedoor propose with few tweeks and lots of thinking about could be decent addition - since stamina and mana are very varied between all classes they - i mean FC - mostly someone who cares - Hi Cirith could make new character resource - focus - while at peak you would have advantage with bonus or max attack power - while low you would suffer penalty this would make more tactics between fights etc while you would be low you would want to go safe and recover focus or many other opportunities - well that could solve neverending ultimate power of tanks with at same time for them having heals since they wouldnt be able to fight at peak level all the time just pew pew and having dozens of kills, also this sounds like reality where focus and ednurance/stamina are key factor in doing various stuff
    They already had something like this, it was called exhaustion. If I remember correctly it gave a -50% evade, hit, and fizzle chance if you ran out of stamina, when it was the only sprint resource available.

I would just say they need to fix how stamina is calculated, since constitution gives stamina and classes with a stamina pool are getting their resource from two attributes where as casters are only getting mana from one, which is why stamina and mana are not equal. If you play a melee class in pvp, you may realize that it's quite impossible to ever run out of stamina.

As to focus, I can respect personal opinions, but that's a big NO from me. I already have mana issues, I don't need to go hide out for another resource deficientcy.
    Last edited by Drest; 12th February 2014 at 07:40.
    Doomsayer 2008

guardians would be super op with this.. disable steals 60% from stamina and u can use plexus strike to drain stamina to urself..
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They already had something like this, it was called exhaustion. If I remember correctly it gave a -50% evade, hit, and fizzle chance if you ran out of stamina, when it was the only sprint resource available.

I would just say they need to fix how stamina is calculated, since constitution gives stamina and classes with a stamina pool are getting their resource from two attributes where as casters are only getting mana from one, which is why stamina and mana are not equal. If you play a melee class in pvp, you may realize that it's quite impossible to ever run out of stamina.

As to focus, I can respect personal opinions, but that's a big NO from me. I already have mana issues, I don't need to go hide out for another resource deficientcy.
    No, it was caster only debuff, which really was stupid. Something like -50% casting concentration or some ****. I remember mrcorp advocating like crazy as this made no sense to have on melee.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    No, it was caster only debuff, which really was stupid. Something like -50% casting concentration or some ****. I remember mrcorp advocating like crazy as this made no sense to have on melee.
    Was it caster only? I don't remember. I think the full effects were -500 casting concentration, 25% fizzle chance, and -50% evade. Of course you could just jump back then and get OOC regeneration during the jump which helped a lot.
    Doomsayer 2008

Exhaustion wasn't a caster only thing. Otherwise I would NEVER have experienced it
    Last edited by kalston; 12th February 2014 at 08:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Exhaustion wasn't a caster only thing. Otherwise I would NEVER have experienced it
    exhaustion wasn't, but in addition to exhaustion, which hurts casters more, it also hit caster with a casting concentration. Melee could still fight, casters who kite and would miss 50% of their spells, were dead in the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12