Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razer Nostromo vs DT

Default Razer Nostromo vs DT

Hello DTS!
    I just got a Razer Nostromo a week ago and I can't, in any way, perform with my DT like I did before. My reaction timing dropped significantly, together with my KDR. I'm missing much more combos than before (even combo steps, lol) and it's completly impossible to use Stance Dance.
    Do any of you play with a razer nostromo? Care to share your keybinds with me?

For PvE its perfect, and for ranged classes it's even more perfect for everything, but in PvP with my DT I just can't play properly.

I'm probably switching back to my normal keyboard, so the forum is my last shot.

Thank you =].

All those nostromo and things are overrated, they do nothing better than keyboard, only opposite limiting total keys amount you can have. It's kinda marketing trick, unless you wanna gimp yourself stick with normal keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    All those nostromo and things are overrated, they do nothing better than keyboard, only opposite limiting total keys amount you can have. It's kinda marketing trick, unless you wanna gimp yourself stick with normal keyboard.
    Nah, they're extremely viable, as long as you set up your binds appropriately. And considering there is no class in AoC that has more than 45 abilities.

I play with a Logitech g13, and I don't know how I managed before without it. I play every class with it, and have no issues at all. I PvP with a bear, probably one of the most complex toons, and I have no issues. Also if you add a Logitech g600 its amazing... I don't want to add key binds like you are asking because everyone is different. I have seen many players link key binds that are similar and mine are way way different, so I will leave that out sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Hello DTS!
    I just got a Razer Nostromo a week ago and I can't, in any way, perform with my DT like I did before. My reaction timing dropped significantly, together with my KDR. I'm missing much more combos than before (even combo steps, lol) and it's completly impossible to use Stance Dance.

For PvE its perfect, and for ranged classes it's even more perfect for everything, but in PvP with my DT I just can't play properly.

I'm probably switching back to my normal keyboard, so the forum is my last shot.

Thank you =].
    Few things to help.

First, learn to form an expanding circle based on what you normally use, ie put the abilities you use frequently nearer where your fingers naturally rest. If you have long fingers, put them towards the edges and work inward, if you have bear paws like me start near the center and work outwards.

Second, it takes some getting used to. After you set up a series of keybinds, go do something that is easy but repetitive, like a solo rare farm through the 4 solo dungeons or some villas, just to build muscle memory.

Third, what I do is I put certain types of abilities in certain places, no matter what class or even game. My conk, my necro, my Tor Marauder, and my templar from the eso beta all had certain areas where I could go to for certain abilities. Ccs here, burst dps abilities there, combo steps here (replaced by basic attacks in eso/tor). You'll map yourself to the different parts of it and it will translate pretty well.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I play with a logitech g13 and its a huge advantage over a keyboard I would recommend you roll a lowbie a relearn because its all about muscle memory and you can create your binds as you level up and basically get comfortable with it.
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Hello DTS!

Thank you =].
    ha ha, oh man, I have been there! I bought Nostromo and almost bit my tongue off in frustration from missed combos/miss clicks.

Not because Nostromo is bad (its awesome in fact), but because I was already soooooooooooo used to what I have been using for so so long.

So you have but two options:

1/ sell the damn thing and forget about it, it wasn't ment to be
    or
    2/ take a couple of weeks, months even to re-learn and re-wire your brain to work witn new controler aka "play your ass off till you get a hang of it"

what its going to be?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Nah, they're extremely viable, as long as you set up your binds appropriately. And considering there is no class in AoC that has more than 45 abilities.
    Nostromo seem to have 14 buttons and few more for thumbs, thats quite weak. I don't count combinations, cuz they are not as good as single key and anyway keyboard can do that too with ctrl/alt/shift if you really wanna use them. If you count all easy reachable keys near WASD it get at least twice more. For most optimized efficiency the winner is clear, single key >> combination keys. Best to get some semi gaming mouse with additional keys and forget nostromo, i dont see advantage in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Nostromo seem to have 14 buttons
    23 programmable buttons and combination with a g700 everything a dt needs can be binded. No need to shift or ctrl anything at all. Basically 66 buttons when using profiles and if you combine profiles with shift you end up with 126 buttons, mouse not included.

Infact if you use one of the nostromos buttons as profile swap (lower thumb preferably) you can easily program everything on it and use a very simple mouse to play any char in AoC without moving your hand one inch.

Why have more buttons than you need.

OP, my advice is to combine it with a mouse with at least 10 buttons that can be programmed and you wont go back ever after learning how to use it.

Main problem was the lack of buttons, I had to make the directionals of the nostromo switch to hotbars. The lack of fast access buttons, such as f1 and f2, make me lose too much time switching stances. I know I need to get used to it, but the lack of fast buttons is hurting me. That's why I need references.

I'm using a Razer Naga as well so it is playable, but as I said, i'm wasting too much time to do things that I need a very fast reaction (stance dance, combo steps).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast