Thread: Quest Share Function

Default Quest Share Function

hi guys, another question.
    I play with a friend and we form a group.
    When we share a quest it appears in both my and his quest log and it's ok.
    The problem is that, when I progress in the quest, his quest doesn't update. For example, if we have to collect 3 items, when I collect one of them it is considered collected only in my quest log. My friend must also collect the same item to update his quest, even if the quest is shared and we are playng in a group together.
    What is the purpose of sharing a quest if, at the end, everyone in the group must complete it alone?

Anyone knows how this function is supposed to work? Is it bugged?

Thanks.

This feature don't allow you share quest items. All quest items work separated in group. This feature allow you get quest from you groupmate without talking with NPC. Sometimes you can get quest without completing pre-quest. As example, you already in dungeon/raid. And you can share it to groupmates or can get get it from your groupmates without exiting dungeon and running to NPC.

I think you can even share low-level quests that are either completed or not with this option as well.
    But yes, it is bugged. I cannot see any words, just check boxes.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    This feature don't allow you share quest items. All quest items work separated in group. This feature allow you get quest from you groupmate without talking with NPC. Sometimes you can get quest without completing pre-quest. As example, you already in dungeon/raid. And you can share it to groupmates or can get get it from your groupmates without exiting dungeon and running to NPC.
    Actually sometimes it does share quest items with the quest (they just appear in Quest Items, if you've got inventory space there). I think its only when you have item given to you when starting quest automatically or the item actually started the quest. Example I've shared quest "Give Supplies to Murron" in HoC, part of which is having the supplies crate in quest inventory, and all who got it were able to turn it in to Murron right away. But if an item is quest objective, than its a whole different deal, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I think you can even share low-level quests that are either completed or not with this option as well.
    But yes, it is bugged. I cannot see any words, just check boxes.
    Sometimes you can see words, sometimes you can see just check boxes. Funcom have weird logic