Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Objective credit

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    That is some deep stuff right there. Let me simplify it: A mini pops, there is a pvp1 vs a pvp10, the pvp1 wants to win the mini for tokens and the pvp10 wants to kill the pvp1 cause he don't need tokens.

Is it either players choice that they were put into the same mini? No, they had no choice. The game dictated it. The players only choice is what's best interest to them. Even if the pvp1 or pvp10 leaves the mini for whatever reason. The game dictates the playing field.

We can get all philosophical, but at the end of the day it's about playing a game you like the way you want to play it.

So again if there is no rewards for stats - any stats - it's worthless.
    You hit the nail right on the head. I agree with you and KingKozaK
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    You ARE kingkozak! Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Ah F'me! That's not the "inner circle" I want to be part of.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by brazza View Post
    ah f'me! That's not the "inner circle" i want to be part of.
    lol!!

/10

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    That is some deep stuff right there. Let me simplify it: A mini pops, there is a pvp1 vs a pvp10, the pvp1 wants to win the mini for tokens and the pvp10 wants to kill the pvp1 cause he don't need tokens.

Is it either players choice that they were put into the same mini? No, they had no choice. The game dictated it. The players only choice is what's best interest to them. Even if the pvp1 or pvp10 leaves the mini for whatever reason. The game dictates the playing field.

We can get all philosophical, but at the end of the day it's about playing a game you like the way you want to play it.

So again if there is no rewards for stats - any stats - it's worthless.
    Pimping my W/L ratio is much more satisfying for me than mindlessly doing that to my K/D ratio. I want to win because it's the objective, nevermind what PvP level you're at. I don't give a **** about K/D and always find it pittyfull when players boost it by taking zero risk and never playing for the team.

Sure i too prefer to end a mini with a good K/D ratio. But if that means that i farmed a newbie 30 times on the rezpad while losing on flags i can't take any pride in it. And i can't understand those that do. To be completely honest i kind of despise them.

So yes, players choose how they play. And Funcom has little to do with it. Play the game how you want indeed, but don't say you play like that because of game mechanics...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

haha vehl <3
    Crom
    Zuny PoM R10
    Zunura Ranger R10
    Chantiquee HoX R7
    Selberschuld Nec R7

Fury
    Amphy Guard R6

Quote Originally Posted by Zuny View Post
    haha vehl <3
    Zuzu !!! Get your ass out of GW2 !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Zuuuny! get elou back as well
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default Good w/L?

You shouldn't mind a bad W/L ratio. It gives proof that you have earned your kills more than just being on a bunch of farming teams.
    bad W/L with good K/D = most skilled player (in the aspect of killing without dying, so you can still have fun being on bad teams)

Don't get me wrong, I want to win, I want the conquest trophies, I want the pvp xp, and I like my team to have the satisfaction of winning; but I'm also saying it isn't bad to loose either.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 5th February 2014 at 07:47.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Good K/d usually means you're a selfish player who goes for bad geared instead of objectives. W/L is way more important.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast