Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Objective credit

Default Getting a Good KD on a Barb is a work of art

I mean it comes easy on demo, necro, ranger (or tank that never gets agro) but as a barb on the frontlines where everyone focuses you is entirly different. Also few ppl in minigames have bad gear and with all the focus barb's have it takes a lot of skill getting a good KD. You need to land combos and you need to stay out of trouble.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 3rd February 2014 at 15:36.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I mean it comes easy on demo, necro, ranger (or tank that never gets agro) but as a barb on the frontlines where everyone focuses you is entirly different. Also few ppl in minigames have bad gear and with all the focus barb's have it takes a lot of skill getting a good KD. You need to land combos and you need to stay out of trouble.
    LOL getting good kd on barb is as easy as on any other toon bro. i was trolling a bit when i was pvp 3 with greens on how easy it was on my barb, u can definately do it on any pvp 9 barb with t4 crap

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    LOL getting good kd on barb is as easy as on any other toon bro. i was trolling a bit when i was pvp 3 with greens on how easy it was on my barb, u can definately do it on any pvp 9 barb with t4 crap
    I had only 2 t4 pcs (chest and leggs) for slightly better crit and 0% protection. This hurts my kd in the long run.
    weapon damage is 118
    t4 weapon damage is 127 (no where close to that)
    So yah, it took skill. (not to mention the agro i get and no range)

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I had only 2 t4 pcs (chest and leggs) for slightly better crit and 0% protection. This hurts my kd in the long run.
    weapon damage is 118
    t4 weapon damage is 127 (no where close to that)
    So yah, it took skill. (not to mention the agro i get and no range)
    When you're on kozak, all you do is focus lowbies, then gloat about it in global. Anyone can do that. You leave the game quick when you have to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    As any stats it obviously depends on what you look at. If you have a match left categories to balance them it does help. It's not 100% reliable but can still give a trend.
    Sure. But since that stats was never tracked it would then not mean anything if you could check the win/loss of a veteran.

I would probably have 50/50 without the mini I leaved and those I joined a the last 5 seconds and get a lost for.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Unless there are rewards for stats other then winning a mini having any stats is worthless. KD is a personal epeen stat. Some like it some don't and everyone plays the game for different reasons.

I always say "don't hate the player, hate the game" so until Funcom adds rewards to stats it will continue to be "I beast kd hardmode epeen on server!"
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    Unless there are rewards for stats other then winning a mini having any stats is worthless. KD is a personal epeen stat. Some like it some don't and everyone plays the game for different reasons.

I always say "don't hate the player, hate the game" so until Funcom adds rewards to stats it will continue to be "I beast kd hardmode epeen on server!"
    You are the best

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    How does win/lost matter ? You join a mini already running and you have high chance that it will be a lost one.
    You leave mini, you don't get a lost.
    The win/loss has no meaning at all imho.

And about subject of the topic, once again, yeah MOAR stat for a shitloads of things would be awesome.
    left should be counted as lost and minis which are already running when you are joining them shouldnt be counted into statistics. problem solved and you have pretty reliable stat. And simple one whats most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    I always say "don't hate the player, hate the game"
    Yes, players need to be babysitted more. Have less options and be guided through their whole game experrience ! Don't let the player chose and risk exposing their gaming preferences through those choices.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Yes, players need to be babysitted more. Have less options and be guided through their whole game experrience ! Don't let the player chose and risk exposing their gaming preferences through those choices.

That is some deep stuff right there. Let me simplify it: A mini pops, there is a pvp1 vs a pvp10, the pvp1 wants to win the mini for tokens and the pvp10 wants to kill the pvp1 cause he don't need tokens.

Is it either players choice that they were put into the same mini? No, they had no choice. The game dictated it. The players only choice is what's best interest to them. Even if the pvp1 or pvp10 leaves the mini for whatever reason. The game dictates the playing field.

We can get all philosophical, but at the end of the day it's about playing a game you like the way you want to play it.

So again if there is no rewards for stats - any stats - it's worthless.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast