Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Eye of the Basilisk

Question Help Eye of the Basilisk

This is the quest for the children of yag. I paint the statue but it does not seem to "paralyze" the Basilisk. Any hints on how to kill this think?

Hello , how did u succeed ? Try it dozen and dozen times...

Quote Originally Posted by ebarycir View Post
    Hello , how did u succeed ? Try it dozen and dozen times...
    Use silver on statue, agro basilisk and run behind statue. Basilisk try look direct on you, and turn himself into stone. Be careful silver can fade away (buff with timer on statue)

move when he has started to cast "gaze", not earlier. it will not turn during the cast and he will be stunned for like 20 seconds at the end of it. you have to kill it before the stun is over.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

It's been a long time but I don't remember having the issues that I'm having with it now. I coat the statue, aggro the basilisk and los behind the statue and get one shotted every time. I've even tried turning my back and it doesn't work. Has something changed or is it bugged?

hm... I just ran behind the basilisk when he stoped moving to cast his stuff and DPSed him right away. I dont know where you got the idea of running behind the statue 0_o
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    hm... I just ran behind the basilisk when he stoped moving to cast his stuff and DPSed him right away. I dont know where you got the idea of running behind the statue 0_o
    isn´t it one of the quest steps? can´t remember now, haven´t done it for ages
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

yes it is, I put the paint on the statue, waited for basilisk to cast and ran behing basiliks, not behind the statue
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    yes it is, I put the paint on the statue, waited for basilisk to cast and ran behing basiliks, not behind the statue
    well, seems like people go automatically with the "medusa/gorgon lore" approach (and maybe there´s a hint in quest description, too)... after all, this is how the original T4 basilisk used to work as well
    Last edited by Argantes; 29th May 2014 at 11:26.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast