Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – January 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    you arent concerned, u play on crom, just sayin
    Neither are you, your playing on a server devoid of any population. If pvp progression, rewards, and content from open world was more meaningful you would have not had the mass exodus to Crom.

Bring some pvp content to the table, as they are suggesting to do, and who knows which guilds might come back to Fury.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    For those curious, check out this link http://joannatsui.com/

There you can find some Palace of Cetriss artwork.
    I was exactly thinking of this but you couldn't bring the link. Why do we have to go to the personnal website of someone that made them.
    But well anyway, it' s not that important.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    For those curious, check out this link http://joannatsui.com/

There you can find some Palace of Cetriss artwork.
    Nice one ... notice the image of resource nodes. Hints of the crafting revamp I wonder? As concept art, it gives names of familiar but currently rarer materials (suggestive of the 'less-is-more' approach). Aurichalcum and jade may actually get fully-fledged nodes of their own.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    I don't understand why bori is still in this game.
    Because of in Bori you can often find nice fights. If you dont its your fault just try it and not be as stubborn.

Anyway I´m having blast from these recent changes. And I think AoC has its best days still comming...
    Last edited by Shiwan; 3rd February 2014 at 00:22.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Because of in Bori you can often find nice fights. If you dont its your fault just try it and not be as stubborn.

Anyway I´m having blast from these recent changes. And I think AoC has its best days still comming...
    I just said Bori was stupid, not CE... but thanks.
    And you can have massive battles in CE for the sake of PvP without having to max your gathering skills to participate. Just sayin'.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah, tease us please with screens or arts. Why are them so rare ?
    Hey, you can find some screenshots in my Dragonspine gallery. The pictures are about one year old but the palace hasn´t been updated on TL since then.

Some more panorama-pictures of Cetriss:

Overview 1
    Entrance door (locked)
    Place
    View from Entrance

Source:My Panorma-Gallery
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    Nice one ... notice the image of resource nodes. Hints of the crafting revamp I wonder? As concept art, it gives names of familiar but currently rarer materials (suggestive of the 'less-is-more' approach). Aurichalcum and jade may actually get fully-fledged nodes of their own.
    Good observation.
    In the video about the crafting update you can find a resource called "Aurichalcum casting". Screenshot
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

I think when I started to play this game the new crafting system was almost finished and here we are 1 and a half year later, "moving a big step closer to finishing the tradeskill revamp".

Could any moderator ask and post how many people is really working on the revamp and how many hours a day they put into it?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Hey, you can find some screenshots in my Dragonspine gallery. The pictures are about one year old but the palace hasn´t been updated on TL since then.

Some more panorama-pictures of Cetriss:

Overview 1
    Entrance door (locked)
    Place
    View from Entrance

Source:My Panorma-Gallery

meh, I´ll just copy&paste my old post from TL forums (almost 1 year old now), since it´s still valid.. ah and please, use some better image host (that won´t spam me with bazilions of popup windows) next time, thanks

-----------------------------------------

ok, so recently I´ve had the chance to see the original Palace of Cetriss exterior concept arts and the ingame Palace of Cetriss exterior visuals as well .. while I fully understand, that it´s still pretty much work in progress, I beg you, please, stay as loyal as you can to the original concept arts.

you can see the original idea here:
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/Cetriss1.jpg
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/Cetriss2.jpg

The palace got some quite symetric geometry based architecture with various levels that are clearly divided, from the ground plan you can see "the nose" of the palace to come up front, while the whole palace nicely sits deep in the valley cut in a massive mountain.

This is the ingame version atm:
    http://i.imgur.com/97y5DJz.jpg?1
    I repeat, I understand that this content is still work in progress, but even from this raw ingame material it´s pretty obvious, that the whole thing is just.. well, boring. Just some flat pancake on a small rock and that´s it. And no, the whole golden and jade bling bling doesn´t save it at all, it just looks more messy in the comparison with the clear, simple, but still monumental design of the original. While the original is something on par with the Temple of Erlik entrance, the actuall thing is something, I don´t know.. underwhelming.

Or is it only me, with this point of view? Maybe someone who studied architecture can share his thoughts as well..

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...645#post581645
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

The direction, strategy and pace of work seems good.
    I like that you are going to make the old zones viable to revisit again, as they are often beautiful and under-used.
    Can't wait for the further PvP armour and accesories updates. The craft revamp sounds promising. Good stuff.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast