Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Their buffs? Or am I the only one that looks at that stuff?

Also I never said anything about having vanity weapons. I said I see no reason as long as its set so bears can only have medium and barbs can only have light ect. as vanity.

For somebody like me that spends 99% of the time in minis it would be nice to change how I look. Some of the pvp gear is just plain ugly.

There needs to be limits to the vanity allowed in minis though.
    So your going to tab target 12 different people in world pvp to ascertain their class by buffs if there were vanity weapons on top of armor? Doesn't sound very feasible to me.

Who cares about looks, they need to spend time fixing the mechanics and adjusting and rebalancing gear rather than worrying about nonfactor waste dumps such as vanity gear. This is how horse racing got into the game.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Who cares about looks, they need to spend time fixing the mechanics and adjusting and rebalancing gear rather than worrying about nonfactor waste dumps such as vanity gear. This is how horse racing got into the game.
    This guy. He gets it.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Suctum, They added all of this stuff like horse races, let me have vanity weps and in minis, if you can't tell what is what in a minigame, I lol

Quote Originally Posted by slaznger View Post
    Suctum, They added all of this stuff like horse races, let me have vanity weps and in minis, if you can't tell what is what in a minigame, I lol
    So tanks can dress like clothies and clothies dress like tanks. It's totally absurd to have to guess at what classes are for 2-4 seconds during combat until you see buffs or animations. The first few seconds of engaged combat are the most important, changes like this will just cause even more confusion on already bad pug minis.
    Doomsayer 2008

So tanks can dress like clothies and clothies dress like tanks. It's totally absurd to have to guess at what classes are for 2-4 seconds during combat until you see buffs or animations. The first few seconds of engaged combat are the most important, changes like this will just cause even more confusion on already bad pug minis.
    clothies cant wear full plate...but I think its pretty easy to tell when a TANK is wearing cloth gear as vanity... and when you see the stance he is standing in hint* hint* -- log in game I sent u a tell

clothies cant wear full plate...but I think its pretty easy to tell when a TANK is wearing cloth gear as vanity... and when you see the stance he is standing in hint* hint* -- log in game I sent u a tell
    Don't you guys read anything ?
    We're not talking about duels or 1 vs 1 situation where you can target your opponent. We're talking about situations where you have multiple opponents. Like Surgery said, it's about being aware of you're surrounding. And having the most information possible the soonest. Why ? To react and anticipate. When a toon is moving you can't see the stance he's in.

Plus clothies, thanks to social armors can wear stuff that looks above their standard gear.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

So your going to tab target 12 different people in world pvp to ascertain their class by buffs if there were vanity weapons on top of armor? Doesn't sound very feasible to me.

Now your talking about world pvp?

You have vanity in open world so I have no idea where you going there.

Also as far as mini games go, you can see everyone on both teams 1 min before the match begins. So pretty easy to know what your going up against.

As I said before, as long as the vanity is restricted so that soldiers can only have heavy/plate, bears have medium, barbs have light and so on.
    Then you will have no issues knowing whats what, and you can have some diversity.
    After all, this is still an MMO you know....
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Don't you guys read anything ?
    We're not talking about duels or 1 vs 1 situation where you can target your opponent. We're talking about situations where you have multiple opponents. Like Surgery said, it's about being aware of you're surrounding. And having the most information possible the soonest. Why ? To react and anticipate. When a toon is moving you can't see the stance he's in.

Plus clothies, thanks to social armors can wear stuff that looks above their standard gear.

hey, I know, why did you think I said in minigames... trust me if anyone has half a brain, they will still know what is what

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    I´m against this idea especially as now we can not know every single player by name.

Werewolf form was quite fun addition but it won´t last forever
    dont worry, if u wanna see werewolf forms after 100 years, just go to rage they seem to have unlimited amount of them....
    The Law

Oh come on, now your saying I have to target everyone first before finding out what class they are by looking at buffs? How are you going to see multiple buffs at one time for the opposing team? Last time I checked it's one at a time. This means I would need to remember everyone's name and class after reviewing the score list right after the mini begins?

You can wear plate as a clothie if you know where to get the right social gear at, remember social gear has no class or level requirements. My point is that this whole idea is absurd, it has no place in minis, and weapon vanity has absolutely no place in open world because your already dealing with vanity armor.

In a 20 vs 20 battle, with people with vanity armor and weapons, your saying it's easy to pick out who is who? Ok, just listen to how that sounds.
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th January 2014 at 07:50.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast