Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If a hox has a 2H blunt vs a 2H edge, then you aren't going to be able to visually see that the player is a hox/conq/barb vs a bear shaman until you can con the person if they could both wear robes.

Vanity is great for pve, but since you can't tell without directly conning a player what class they play without the visual clues from the gear they are wearing in pvp, having vanity enabled (especially if they run naked vanity) is going to make pvp even harder for those who don't know names on teams.

Vanity is disabled during sieges also and I think in the border kingdoms for the same reason.
    Am I the only one that gets pissed reading posts like this?

Nobody is asking to use 2 handed blunts with a HoX or 2h edge on a bear for vanity.

Weapons of course would have to stay true to their archetype.

I see no reason to not be able to use vanity armor in mini games. Other games allow it and never once have issues knowing what class they are.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    In kheshatta when they introduced vanity gear you'ld see everyone, tanks included, wear cloth armor robes making it much harder to pick targets and name them.

Indeed we would be able to know what class players have by the abilities they use, but that slows down the analysing process and in crowded PvP environement makes it tedious. Currently a quick glance at the other players and you know exactly what class it is.
    ^ This

As a sin it'd become super difficult with all the soldiers wearing robes like they can in open world. Not so much because they look like a clothie, but a good player is constantly scanning the battle and keeping a situational awareness about them ready to change your game at the quickest glance over to another engagement.

All you would get is clothies in shop social plate armour and tanks in robes to confuse you.

Which it will. It also ruins the great looks of the pvp from the classes, from a bit of an immersion point of view.

When you scan round looking around during circle strafing and landing combos and cc and still spinning camera to check for danger to you or your team, you will have to re think every thing you see
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Am I the only one that gets pissed reading posts like this?

Nobody is asking to use 2 handed blunts with a HoX or 2h edge on a bear for vanity.

Weapons of course would have to stay true to their archetype.

I see no reason to not be able to use vanity armor in mini games. Other games allow it and never once have issues knowing what class they are.
    Maybe I was not clear enough. If all the tanks/healers/rogues/casters go naked or wear cloth armor as vanity gear, how are you going to tell them apart if they use the same weapons?

If a tank wears robes as the 'real armor' vs vanity robes to look like a caster type or 'easy prey' then that's their choice. If they go naked and have a weapon that could be several different classes (i.e. 2H blunt could be bear, hox, conq or barb offhand) so that you now can't just eyeball what class it is...

That's what I was saying.

Maybe I was not clear enough. If all the tanks/healers/rogues/casters go naked or wear cloth armor as vanity gear, how are you going to tell them apart if they use the same weapons?

If a tank wears robes as the 'real armor' vs vanity robes to look like a caster type or 'easy prey' then that's their choice. If they go naked and have a weapon that could be several different classes (i.e. 2H blunt could be bear, hox, conq or barb offhand) so that you now can't just eyeball what class it is...

You know that you Cannot use a 2hb on a hox not use it as an offhand on a barb? :/

Otherwise we agree
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

If some people get problems or focus by visuals, that is at least a reason.
    If AoC had player customizeable arenas or minigame rules, this would be a nice addition. It might also work in tournament or non-pugs for trying it out for a time.
    But enforced as global rule, i would rather keep the no vanity choice or limit the vanity choices there (e.g. if you wear heavy armor in power, you can only replace with heavy vanity). Just imagine minis with werewolves only and you should understand why

About distinguishing: It mainly is a problem when you want to choose the target and focus, but i am sure all players who sign minis are able to recognize a class by behaviour and castbar and buffs. Especially new players who don't know the visuals of armors by heart already have to deal with this.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th January 2014 at 19:05.

Its easy to tell the difference. Soldiers for example, Guards run around with polearm, DT with 1h/shield or tali, Conqs DW or 2h.

Also I'm always looking at their buffs watching for immunities ect...

I think you should only be able to wear what your class can already equip as vanity. Nothing crazy like full plate on sins and retarded crap like that.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Its easy to tell the difference. Soldiers for example, Guards run around with polearm, DT with 1h/shield or tali, Conqs DW or 2h.

Also I'm always looking at their buffs watching for immunities ect...

I think you should only be able to wear what your class can already equip as vanity. Nothing crazy like full plate on sins and retarded crap like that.
    How would you tell the difference between a Conq or Barb, both can use 1 or 2 handers and both have to swap between both weapons to use their abilities.

Or how would you tell a demo or necro apart, they can use the same weapons and not everyone casts their pet(s) or uses supreme lich.

Or even a S&B conq to a S&B Dt, with the new changes coming S&B guards might be a viable option for pvp.

It's not so cut and dry and I think pvp weapon vanity is ridiculous. If rpers want vanity weapons, they can just equip whatever they want, how many rpers are in regular open word and not fighting a pre determined event they set up weeks ago? 3?
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Vanity does not belong in minis. Period.
    id agree to that, minis are minis: organized pvp. if anything rework art on pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    How would you tell the difference between a Conq or Barb, both can use 1 or 2 handers and both have to swap between both weapons to use their abilities.

Or how would you tell a demo or necro apart, they can use the same weapons and not everyone casts their pet(s) or uses supreme lich.

Or even a S&B conq to a S&B Dt, with the new changes coming S&B guards might be a viable option for pvp.

It's not so cut and dry and I think pvp weapon vanity is ridiculous. If rpers want vanity weapons, they can just equip whatever they want, how many rpers are in regular open word and not fighting a pre determined event they set up weeks ago? 3?
    Their buffs? Or am I the only one that looks at that stuff?

Also I never said anything about having vanity weapons. I said I see no reason as long as its set so bears can only have medium and barbs can only have light ect. as vanity.

For somebody like me that spends 99% of the time in minis it would be nice to change how I look. Some of the pvp gear is just plain ugly.

There needs to be limits to the vanity allowed in minis though.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    id agree to that, minis are minis: organized pvp. if anything rework art on pvp gear?
    If you're are a coder, its pretty easy tbh...to add it in...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast