Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nothing from Nusquam since 25th November

He left before Christmas and he is still on vacation.

Oh well, Matt Benett is more of the game director anyway at this point.

He f*****g does the job meanwhile, that's for sure !
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Most EU countries allow for several months of holiday(between vacations and actual holidays), where as in the US your limited by 2-5 weeks for most private sector jobs and only certain government jobs do you see loads of entitlement where people can stack sick and vacation days for months off at a time once they save it up for a few years. Only through FMLA do you get loads of time off, and it's all medical related and unpaid.
    Here in Norway, I actually HAVE to take three consecutive weeks of vacation in the period from June to late august. I personally never do (I flip my lid if I have to muppet around the house for more than a few days), but that is actually the stated requirement. I get 5 weeks of vacation per year, four of which are paid. Of course, I can, if I wanted to, take an extended leave of absence without pay for anything up to 12 months, but then again, there are strict regulations as to what I can actually do during those months in terms of work.

If I was a teacher, I had even more time off (about 8 weeks worth during the summer). But then again, when you're pulling the hours that teachers here pull (usually from 0700 to 1700, plus time spent correcting tests, exams and homework (usually done outside of working hours), it's not hard to see why it is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Why do you think most EU have terrible debt problems, they can't afford that amount of entitlement.
    The debt-problem doesn't come from that amount of entitlement, it comes from the uncontrolled spending of money that, when the interest-rates skyrocketed, drowned them. The debt comes from overindulgence and the blind faith in that life is a party without a hangover.

The debt-problem isn't just a thing that happens here in Europe. It's rampant in the US as well, where people have been living in a bubble that, back in 2007-2008, burst with severe economic consequences that was felt around the world. That's what happens when you have an economic bubble. The only thing that has for the moment stopped that from happening here in Norway is because we have more money than we need, heh. Hell, I'm looking forward to the housemarket here in Norway faceplants. That fall will be glorious to behold.

When it comes to Joel not posting on the boards, put yourself in his situation before you start flipping your flappin' heads: Would you come here onto these boards to deal with the playerbase when you are on vacation, especially when said vacation is to get away from your job for a while?
    Last edited by Bukkithedd; 1st February 2014 at 14:48.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Maybe I enjoy the game. Don't care if I am on vacation or not, I'd still play Aoc and browse internet. I'd rather that dev take over as game director anyway. Maybe we will see a letter today?
    Stick him in the manager's role and you've just burned a dev. He'd be better having Joel's ear which he seemingly does. You dont stick a catcher in the pitching roll. What's wrong with Joel anyway? As a dev he's stepped up to the plate and knows a lot of the innard's of AoC and has done a damn fine job of picking up the pieces. I've had nothing but good things from support staff, too.

The problem, from my extremely unknowledged persepective, is a lack of resources (dev's and support etc) to brute force major fixes and overhauls (sieging, for example) the game needs in order to move forward, rather than sit in maintenance mode.

Joel's picked up on what CAN be done. Hopefully when that's all done, the dev's can move on with a true expansion (Old World, and Turan AND Khitai for me! Give it all!) which we're all dying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Here in Norway, I actually HAVE to take three consecutive weeks of vacation in the period from June to late august. I personally never do (I flip my lid if I have to muppet around the house for more than a few days), but that is actually the stated requirement. I get 5 weeks of vacation per year, four of which are paid. Of course, I can, if I wanted to, take an extended leave of absence without pay for anything up to 12 months, but then again, there are strict regulations as to what I can actually do during those months in terms of work.

If I was a teacher, I had even more time off (about 8 weeks worth during the summer). But then again, when you're pulling the hours that teachers here pull (usually from 0700 to 1700, plus time spent correcting tests, exams and homework (usually done outside of working hours), it's not hard to see why it is like that.

The debt-problem doesn't come from that amount of entitlement, it comes from the uncontrolled spending of money that, when the interest-rates skyrocketed, drowned them. The debt comes from overindulgence and the blind faith in that life is a party without a hangover.

The debt-problem isn't just a thing that happens here in Europe. It's rampant in the US as well, where people have been living in a bubble that, back in 2007-2008, burst with severe economic consequences that was felt around the world. That's what happens when you have an economic bubble. The only thing that has for the moment stopped that from happening here in Norway is because we have more money than we need, heh. Hell, I'm looking forward to the housemarket here in Norway faceplants. That fall will be glorious to behold.

When it comes to Joel not posting on the boards, put yourself in his situation before you start flipping your flappin' heads: Would you come here onto these boards to deal with the playerbase when you are on vacation, especially when said vacation is to get away from your job for a while?
    This just in =D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-euro...PublicRSS20-sa

I'd love to visit Scandinavia; I like 'tall' countries. I feel like a normal person. Plus, I hear the women have big boobies =P

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Here in Norway, I actually HAVE to take three consecutive weeks of vacation in the period from June to late august. I get 5 weeks of vacation per year, four of which are paid.
    I work in Norway in a restaurant and I have 25 days of vacation per year...
    Why do you have 5 weeks, if I can ask?

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    I work in Norway in a restaurant and I have 25 days of vacation per year...
    Why do you have 5 weeks, if I can ask?
    25 days = 5 weeks of 5 workdays each.

So yep, you technically have 5 weeks as well, although you probably get shafted since you also probably work weekends etc.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123