Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aoc needs a dungeon finder button

Dungeon finder, group finder. I find it so unpersonal and stereotyped.

Even if it was possible in AoC, i for one would still use the old school method to make groups.

I have that odd feeling that group finders are for kids/nerds who are either too shy to talk to other players or not well educated enough to bother with the most basic social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No, we do not. I thought the same when I started to play Age of Conan, but not anymore.

1. You need combination of unique classes every time.
    2. You need to look into character levels while forming a group.
    3. You need to check the gear and class of members and fill the group with balanced players according to gear.
    4. You need to know whether some players are experienced or not.
    5. You always have people whom you would never want to see in your group.
    6. Finding a group through current LFG or public channels shows no difficulty.
    7. You need to replace members who leave for one reason or another during dungeon runs.
    It seems you have spent too much time in AoC without experiencing other games and its backround mechanics.

1. Only bad players need a specific group setup.
    2. That's what classic group finder is all about
    3. Simple "vote to kick" option.
    4. Simple "vote to kick" option.
    5. Simple "vote to kick" option.
    6. Spamming like a robot, frustration, learning scripts...why? I just want to play! It should be easy and smooth.
    7. That's what classic group finder is all about

That being said. I can live without a grp finder.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

I have that odd feeling that group finders are for kids/nerds who are either too shy to talk to other players or not well educated enough to bother with the most basic social skills.
    Or hate spamming global chat for groups.

It would also help retain new players. As it is, they can't get groups for any dungeons as they level up, from BC to Sanctum, Tordielbach, on up, etc, which doesn't encourage people to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfier View Post
    It would also help retain new players
    Agreed. This option may help new players to do group content. So they dont get stuck with stupid single player content like Apostate, Dead Mans and Shimpanza at lvl 80.
    But for us old fa**s...it really wont change anything if it is implemented.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I'm happy not having this feature.

I have played for over 100 hours and from 1-75, I was unable to find a group for any of the dungeons under 80. Would try for hours on global. Would always get 2 or 3 but never 6. I missed out on all of those dungeons. All modern MMO's have this feature its becoming a must have.
    The best damn Demonologist this side of the Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami View Post
    I have played for over 100 hours and from 1-75, I was unable to find a group for any of the dungeons under 80. Would try for hours on global. Would always get 2 or 3 but never 6. I missed out on all of those dungeons. All modern MMO's have this feature its becoming a must have.
    I've managed to run BC, Sanctum, TT and Cistern/Main, but in every single instance i was run through by an 80 that took pity on me because I had spammed global for several nights in a row for each one with no success in forming a group. IMO, this game needs a dungeon finder. Even if its like the one GW2 (finally) implemented.

Aside from that, props to the 80's out there that help the low levels out by running them through the dungeons for gear and quests, so they don't miss out on any of the content.
    Last edited by Drachenfier; 28th January 2014 at 16:19.

People just don't run the low level dungeons, that's it.

In a game that old, where 90% of the population is made of veterans, it's not surprising at all.

Basically, it is just very unlikely to find 6 new players of the same level range wanting to do the same dungeon at the same time.
    It does happen of course, but not 24/7 for every single dungeon.

No tool can sort this simple fact, that the influx of new players is very low, which is normal for old MMMOs, even more for AoC with the bad reputation it got, even though it is now a well rounded and mature game most of us love.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfier View Post
    I've managed to run BC, Sanctum, TT and Cistern/Main, but in every single instance i was run through by an 80 that took pity on me because I had spammed global for several nights in a row for each one with no success in forming a group. IMO, this game needs a dungeon finder. Even if its like the one GW2 (finally) implemented.

Aside from that, props to the 80's out there that help the low levels out by running them through the dungeons for gear and quests, so they don't miss out on any of the content.
    yep, same here, i could have gone this route, there was no shortage of 80's willing to walk me through, however, i want to experience the game with 6 man co-op the way it was meant to be played. Level 80 killing everything while you watch and pick up loot = broken game Funcom. Now the real problem may be there may just not be enough people playing this game anymore. i don't know what the active numbers are but they might be pretty small.

also one more quick point to bring up. I do see validity in all the comments made by the vets that do not want a Dungeon Finder button, however, if there was one it wouldn't effect you in any way shape or form if you chose not to use it. You could still form your groups the way you always did.

Now, I will also mention. The dungeon finder button in World of Warcraft has its downside. Its very impersonal, and you do not chat or get know anyone, you just run through the dungeon like zombies. That being said, if there wasn't one, i would have missed out on many of the dungeons in Wow.

One of the single greatest gaming moments happened for me about 3 years ago. My girlfriend, her sister, her sisters boyfriend and I all had a laptop and at 7 pm on a Sat night we gathered around the kitchen table with our laptops, had snacks, beers, drinks, and candle lit. And we ran Wow dungeons form 7 pm until 4 am. it was unbelievably fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast