Thread: Spell Weaving Turorial

Default Spell Weaving Turorial

Hi guys, I am having a heck of a time figure out what exactly spell weaving is for, and why i would use it? I couldn't find any tutorial videos on youtube, and the in-game help had no topics on it?

What does it do? and how do you use it?

Spellweaving is an ability casters get when they reach certain level (50?). When they start doing it they are rooted still and can't move or turn around. They also can't drink potions while spellweaving (but if you just drank one the effects will not be removed so you can get some mana or health back until the pot expires).

When spellweaving the caster gets a large amount of different buffs that grow larger the longer he has been spellweaving. These buffs come from a spellweaving buff that stacks up to x6. The buffs can give more damage, more splash range, more splash targets or anything like that.

There is also randomly appearing buffbar that has 5 icons which all give certain extra buff to the caster. Some of these buffs can be very good like the 100% critical hit chance for demos and necros. You can't bind hotkeys to this buffbar so you always have to click them with mouse which is bit lame.

Spellweaving will also randomly apply debuffs on you like vulnerability to physical damage, mana drain or damage to yourself. Spellweaving will also drain your energy and when your energy is 0 it start doing damage to you.

Some of the buffs and debuffs from spellweaving can be class specific and some of them are generic to them all. The best thing to do is start spellweaving somewhere where you can do it without mobs or players attacking you and reading the tooltips of all the buffs/debuffs you get.
    Last edited by Conrath; 24th January 2014 at 18:08.
    Nifie @CROM

Would help to know what class you are playing.

When you spell weave, you are basically rooted into one position until the spellweave is removed. So someone could get behind you and melee away and you can't hit them. But while you spellweave you will be receiving buffs and antibuffs.

Some cause loss of mana, some loss of hit points.
    Others will boost your magic damage

Then you get options to choose different buffs: mana gain in some classes, sprint point gain in others (SW will remove sprint points over time then eventually hit points if your sprint points go down to zero), mitras thunder makes some spells give knockbacks when used (smite and rebuke).

So you get an increase in dps from spellweaving but some of the buffs use more mana and you will eventually die if you stay in SW without keeping up your sprint points and such.

That's a watered down writeup. But please post class and level and where you want to use it. Its probably not a lot of use for soloes unless you plan on getting a buff before a big pull and aoe them all down. Nice for raids, can help in pvp if you are far enough out that they don't mass target you.

I am a 53 Demonologist. I play mostly solo. Thanks for all the info, that definitely clarifies for me. I imagine once I hit 80 I'll be doing more group stuff. I will probably never do any PVP.

If you haven't seen this thread it covers demo spellweaving:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=186994

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you haven't seen this thread it covers demo spellweaving:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=186994
    oh thanks! I didn't see that.