Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Templar DPS

Funny, when I made my first tank I chose A DT because my m8 was guard. And I wanted to tank with my dt, I still want to tank rather than dps, for deeps i got several other chars I play (yes I know the DT does dps always).

Anyway, The futher I got close to the top gearwise and exp wise in 6 mans and raids, the more I encounter people who seem to look at me like I'm a nab DT just because I go for the whole Being a tank with lots of STR and full plate and shield.

Oh well, fook em! I am close to full T4 geared now and recently tried tali tanking (christ the Aggro! But hard as hell to switch aggro. maybe I need more tali exp
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Yes, but in a raid/group setting, they really should be tanky. They already do enough dps in tank spec anyway.
    There is a misconception that a DT in Tali build (with Talisman Mastery and Shadowed Blade fully feated) cannot have the same survivability of a Dread Shadow build + Shield.

Actually there are Tali builds which have even higher base survivability than a classic Dread Shadows / Shield build, since you can have Tali feats + Soul Barrier + Seal of Chaos + Cunning Deflection all in same build, with Ritualistic Bloodshed which gives higher taps than Cabalistic Hunger from Depravity tree.
    Add to this that you have higher DPS too, not only higher tap %, so overall taps are significantly higher.
    About pure Mitigation, Improved Defencive Stance matches a good shield.

The only true survivability tool you loose in such a build is dread shadow itself, which of course can be very useful in some raid situations (in groups honestly the only boss where dread is very nice to have is last boss in wyrm imo).

The other survivability tool you loose is Improved Blood Pact feat, aka half cooldown on Blood Pact. Useful, but higly compensated by the higher constant taps.

My point is just that from a point of raw survivability some Tali builds have higher survivability tha Dread + Shield.

Biggest problem is aggro locking, but with correct mix of gear and ofc tanking with other good tanks it can be managed most of the times.

Most people think about Tali tanking only as full Desacration builds.
    Actually for Tali Tanking I would always spend at least 5 points in Depravity.

You can have very good DPS and tank great with shield / dread too ofc, I just want to say that tali is not necessarily = pijama..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 23rd January 2014 at 17:09.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Yes, I'm aware there are tanky talisman build variants, my comment was for the true pajama tanks that are not tanking at all, just dps only.

There's a big difference between tanking with tali and being DPS.
    Last edited by Evito; 24th January 2014 at 08:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    There's a big difference between tanking with tali and being DPS.
    Not really, Either way you top the parse and end up tanking anyways.

And what about pvp? there are a lot of different DT pvp templates ...
    Do you think it's a good thing to put a few points in the general or not (stone skin and iron skin for example) ?
    But I know that some pvp players doesn't put any points in general.
    Last edited by Battleaxe; 24th January 2014 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    And what about pvp? there are a lot of different DT pvp templates ...
    Do you think it's a good thing to put a few points in the general or not (stone skin and iron skin for example) ?
    But I know that some pvp players doesn't put any points in general.
    If u want both extra CCs (Fear + aoe stun) there are no points left for general.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    A tali has no benefit until you get talisman mastery feated.
    I use the protection talisman from Sepulcher in all magic fights, and I dont have talisman mastery. I'd say I benefit from it, but not more than a shield with the same stats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12