Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you wish to see from new raid instance?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    What I'd like to see: an easy addition to another existing instance, most likely T3.5 since it only has 3 bosses.

No real need for uber loot, just the pleasure of learning a few new bosses would be enough.

(Also, for all those clamoring for ultra hard content: anything harder than current T4 would be targeted to such a vanishingly small amount of players to be essentially wasted resources)
    I've asked this before, but why make new content for those who already can't or won't utilize what the game has to offer? It's not a gear issue, you can do everything in K6 gear. Why make another dungeon for guilds that can't kill Thoth Amon? Nothing is going to work for them apart from a T2.5 tank and spank where only a handful of people have to pay attention. For that crowd, might as well make more world bosses. They already have T3, several 6 mans, T3.5, and T4 for their progression, so what is the purpose of another dungeon below T4?

A lot of vets will leave game for good if there isn't a T4 level raid, or higher. There's simply nothing left to appeal to them.

The new raid can be difficult without being solely a gear check. You just need a raid full of people who can pay attention to a few details for 10 minutes at a time, and that's why there are some guilds who can't do Thoth Amon, much less T4. Making some new T3 or lower level tank and spanks has little appeal for half the server. I hope they don't go that route.

I want them to be difficult, but logical. Not illogical nonsense where you use trial and error until you guess the right way. I love puzzles and so forth within fights, but I would hate to see more content that does like zodiac where the lights bug out or the boss runs all the way around the raid to target a player who's right on top of him already, and wipes the raid. I have more confidence in the devs based on what we've seen thusfar than I did the previous crew.

Since they already have been working on PoC, it's obviously not going to be an extension of Temple of Erlic.

If Palace of Cetriss have only 3-4 bosses it should't be a problem to start T5 there and add another raid instance in a year from now. Ymir's temple in Ymir's pass for example? The point is that T5 doesn't necessarily have to be in the same instance/place like TAS and Jade Citadel are.

I would be perfectly fine if T5 would be in 2-3 differenct instances and places, following the logic of T1 raids that are spread over 3 different instances in total. That would allow Funcom to release content in parts every year or 6 months until its done, making the wait shorter.

The fact is that if the new raid is not T5 a lot of people will simply leave the game, which isn't good at all.

Having T5 spread out over 2 instances, each with 3-4 bosses is perfectly fine, it gives Funcom a bit more time. But I'd hope the "2nd half" of T5 would be released in 3-6 months, waiting a year is just too long imo.

Out of curiosity, what is the return on investment? This will not bring players back or attract new players.

All it will do is keep a few current players happy

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the return on investment? This will not bring players back or attract new players.

It's easier and cheaper to retain an existing customer than to gain new customers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

People do not want a challenge. They just want to log in, tank and spank a loot pinatas, then log off. They only say they want a challenge to look cool on the forums.
    I do not know such people though.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Give the raid an easy mode (tier 2-3) and hard mode (tier 4-5)

That way you make content that everyone can use and enjoy.

Give each its own strat and loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    Give the raid an easy mode (tier 2-3) and hard mode (tier 4-5)

That way you make content that everyone can use and enjoy.

Give each its own strat and loot table.
    Good idea. Personally, I'd use the same loot table, but have the hard mode drop more items from the same loot table.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I'd like to see something a bit like in HoC, where you have one encounter dividing the raid in 4 teams, each team having a different goal/challenge, being a boss fight, a puzzle, a speed run, whatever.

People could join with 1 up to 4 groups, and the final loot would be betermined by the number of objectives completed, with eventually a speed/efficiency check for a better chance on rare drop.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast