Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PVP Classes Fun to Play?

1. ToS is my favorite to play (big surprise there,) because of the challenge of playing multiple roles at once in PvP combat. I also like the "living on the edge" aspect of playing a light armored class that typically has to stay close to the front line to be most effective.

2. Bear is my 2nd favorite, because the mix of spells & melee is a lot of fun for me. Plus, I don't have to constantly twist my old fingers to do 2 & 3 step combos. The BS would probably be my favorite if it had a bit more burst DPS, but its tankiness sort of makes up for that, I suppose.

3. Barbarian looks like a lot of fun because of its speed & versatility and is my biggest contender for 3rd favorite class.

None of the other classes really stand out for me but I'd have to put the ranger as dead last, because it's the easiest class to play selfishly in PvP. I think the way it's currently configured doesn't add much to any group in mini-games, except to steal kills with TTS. It's a class that SHOULD get focused a lot, but rarely is, because of the ridiculously over-the-top & endless CC's.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

1. Necro - Not because it's easy, but I enjoy playing it the most.
    2. Bear Shamen - My favorite melee
    3. Dark Templar - Eh, It's alright. Favorite soldier class.

Don't have any more in the new era of AoC. Back in the days my list would be different

HoX
    Sin
    Guard

Barb looks fun, never tried it though.

Guardian
    Demo
    PoM
    DT
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    u joking right?

if we make good pvp class list it goes like this

conq
    pom
    dt
    guard
    necro
    shaman,ranger
    tos
    sin,barb,demo,hox,

this is not 1v1 based, i think this is my opinion in good pvp.. premaid etc. sure sin is easy to two shot clothie from hide, but same thing happens to u, unlike soldiers which can one shot any cloth / light while they can still tank 5 other class same time , laugh and kill secend one too , bubble up and run away
    Del premade wise I would rather put shammie on top end , seems to be definately worst healer when it comes to real pvp minis (tournament mode). Cannot really recall any of bses whos impact would be so great in premades (not counting comboskiping times) , usually bs is healing bot which is farmed hard, personally i havent played premades with my new shammie but when I look at premade screenshots and see how fellow shammies who are more experienced than me perform I see usually 3:10, 2:8, 1:17 etc, rarely positive k/d. One would say that k/d doesnt matter as long as you are winning and I can agree although difference is that shammie will debuff while tos/pom will aoe dps whole group/cc.
    so premade wise bear shaman is on the bottom

It's just that BS can't kill much in premades, virtually no burst - all other classes can do better. So because of the way kills are counted, it looks like nothing. If we had an "assist" counter you'd see a different picture

It's better in muti spec but then you get farmed hardcore. If your team really cares about you you won't die much though (sometimes not at all even^^) - and you can definitely have an impact by giving your whole team unlimited energy (balance of nature is totally underrated), buffs, debuffs etc. Nothing like pom, though. As for tos it can be really powerful and has excellent aoe damage and burst but it's really squishy, not so simple in premades.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

As far as pure playing pleasure:

1. Hox (By far the best class, not at all fun in premades but you can stop pugs as most pugs are clueless)
    2. Necro (Very fun class if you play it as intended I.e sitting in the back spellweaving is not fun, being in close and needing to kite 24/7 because you are a free kill=fun)
    3. Tos (fun caster since you have to be up close to do anything worth while)
    4. Barb (Fast paced combat, always moving)
    5. DT (Really enjoy it low level pvp 39's/59's, really challenging and rewarding without VOM)

Ranger is the absolute bottom, extremely boring in it's current state.

The thing about these lists are the class is only as fun as how you play it. If you spellweave on the pad, WOF as a demo, place bomb and run as a sin, play brute only as a conq, sit in the back with your ranger you might think these classes are extremely boring. It's when you push a class and play it right using different specs that it becomes truly fun
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

1. Barb based on duals, fastest class there is (zerker on other hand 1 of most boring ones).
    2. Tos based on aoe build, most interesting caster there is, very versatile and have to get personal with every opponent by going up close to.

rest are hello kitty classes, i'd imagine though that ranger making accent on melee could be hell of a fun, but never got to try out.

1. Tos
    2. Tos
    3. Tos
    4. Necro
    5. DT
    ToS wannabe <3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123