Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blood Pit

Default The Blood Pit

The decaying stench of the swamps lingered in the air, carrion picking away mercilessly and shamelessly at the corpses of the fallen. Blood stained dire pits, bubbling up the gases of decaying corpses left sunken in the moist earth, now disturbed with the thundering cries of the battle that overtook the land.
    "Wretched scum, what good is the law to the lawless? Nothing but a pathetic waste of air." Muttered a masked assassin, his daggers dripping with the fresh blood of the fallen army that dared lay siege to the mighty vestige of 'order' that Vires et Decus had built.
    "This is what becomes of those who oppose the front, this army, and our kin."
    Cheers erupted from the victors at these words, a legion gathered at the gates to the fortress, but a sinister glint flashed in the assassin's eye, for something dark was brewing beneath the guise of honor and strength. He knew what this meant. More would come... more would die... and more would find their souls writhing in torment at the feet of the dread lord.
    "Father is pleased" he thought to himself, looking the crowd over, noteing the old Brothers from his ancient house who had taken refuge within this new found collective.
    "Rakdos?!" he yelled, holding up the head of one of the wretched who had crossed the front lines and found their end. "Not but worms, my friends! This will not be the end, but the path to salvation is pathed in BLOOD! And it shall not be ours!"
    With that, he drove a dagger in to the socket of the severed head's eye, popping it out and pocketing it before throwing the head in to the crowd. The warriors leered, a true ravenous frenzy of blood lust evident on the faces of all in attendance. "Yes", he thought to himself, "This lot will do just fine..."

================================================

Good siege guys! Well fought!

Oh how tired was i when i woke up this morning. It felt like every bone in my body had been hammered, burned and stung. I had fell from a horse before, it wasn't that. Painfully, i got on my feet and glanced at the surrounding area. Bodies piled on pyres, wrecked walls, recently burned buildings, destroyed catapults. « Holy cow ! What did we do... ».

In this devestaded landscape one thing though scared the sight, the keep was still standing. This has to change.

Was late but fun, see you soon héhé
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Oh how tired was i when i woke up this morning. It felt like every bone in my body had been hammered, burned and stung. I had fell from a horse before, it wasn't that. Painfully, i got on my feet and glanced at the surrounding area. Bodies piled on pyres, wrecked walls, recently burned buildings, destroyed catapults. « Holy cow ! What did we do... ».

In this devestaded landscape one thing though scared the sight, the keep was still standing. This has to change.

Was late but fun, see you soon héhé
    i get this fealing vehl needs to revisit his work schedule cuz he mentions how every event is late in EVERY post

If the siege of Gardak failed, i caught the sent of Victory around the breached walls of Amut'anun. In the swamps south of Nakaset some lives spared yesterday where ended this day.

Great fight in Border to Kush. It is probably the first time i see a spontaneous open-world fight occur there. It was awesome. Well done. And just to please 'camilleboucqill' it wasn't too late !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    If the siege of Gardak failed, i caught the sent of Victory around the breached walls of Amut'anun. In the swamps south of Nakaset some lives spared yesterday where ended this day.

Great fight in Border to Kush. It is probably the first time i see a spontaneous open-world fight occur there. It was awesome. Well done. And just to please 'camilleboucqill' it wasn't too late !
    (What are you referring to? What battle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    (What are you referring to? What battle?)
    Spontaneous fight in Border to Kush involving around a total of 24 players. Vires vs Rakdos and a couple of friends. Went on from around 16:30 CET until 18:00 CET.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Default Desolation of the Rat Dog

Fires welled up all around them, the tainted smell of smoke and burnt bone eminating from every corner of the city and keep. Ravenous warriors clammered against shield and sword, as deafening blasts of boulders, ablaze with arcane flame, shattered against stone and wood.
    "HOLD!" cried out one of the generals, charged with defending the mighty hills and township of Sturmgard, as he stood behind a battle line of hardened soldiers. They could barely see through the fog of war, the howls of the lesser pressing through the dense haze towards them. "HOLD!", he cried again, the soldiers gripping in to the sweat and blood stained grass underfoot with armoured boots.
    Finally, after having waited for what seemed like hours, the burning eyes of the mage ranks of Rakdos could be seen breaching through the wall. "Now! Wave the flag! FIRE!". As catapult blasts soared above their heads, the warriors let out a blood curtling series of screams as they erupted forward, pushing in to the attacking force's front line. The crimson mist, all too comforting to the assassin, seemed to drown out all sound. It was intoxicating. For a brief moment it appeared as if the rat dogs would break through, but the strategic might of the defenders was too great. From the west, beyond the inner wall, he could hear the sound of the second half of their army pushing behind the attackers. "Squeeze them until their eyes fall from their skulls!".

This went on for hours, the ebb and flow of the battle repeating itself, like crashing waves on the shores of the ocean. Eventually, the ocean lay dead, silenced, and the defending army marched outward from the keep's walls to relish in their victory.
    "Well done..." He muttered to himself, taking in the final vision. They lost buildings... walls... but it was as planned. Slowly, he turned to one of the Free City guards that had been assigned to follow him. Pressing a letter in to their hand, the assassin whispered "Make sure this finds Tokapo...". The weight of it was evident to any who saw the exchange, and gold was likely part of the contents of the sealed letter. "Take pride, you've all proven your worth, but it's time to take the fight to them".
    Pressing on, away from the guard, he cried out to a small collective of Vires warriors at the bottom of the hill, near the charred remains of the tradepost. "Find the Kennels! We've dogs to cage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Fires welled up all around them, the tainted smell of smoke and burnt bone eminating from every corner of the city and keep. Ravenous warriors clammered against shield and sword, as deafening blasts of boulders, ablaze with arcane flame, shattered against stone and wood.
    "HOLD!" cried out one of the generals, charged with defending the mighty hills and township of Sturmgard, as he stood behind a battle line of hardened soldiers. They could barely see through the fog of war, the howls of the lesser pressing through the dense haze towards them. "HOLD!", he cried again, the soldiers gripping in to the sweat and blood stained grass underfoot with armoured boots.
    Finally, after having waited for what seemed like hours, the burning eyes of the mage ranks of Rakdos could be seen breaching through the wall. "Now! Wave the flag! FIRE!". As catapult blasts soared above their heads, the warriors let out a blood curtling series of screams as they erupted forward, pushing in to the attacking force's front line. The crimson mist, all too comforting to the assassin, seemed to drown out all sound. It was intoxicating. For a brief moment it appeared as if the rat dogs would break through, but the strategic might of the defenders was too great. From the west, beyond the inner wall, he could hear the sound of the second half of their army pushing behind the attackers. "Squeeze them until their eyes fall from their skulls!".

This went on for hours, the ebb and flow of the battle repeating itself, like crashing waves on the shores of the ocean. Eventually, the ocean lay dead, silenced, and the defending army marched outward from the keep's walls to relish in their victory.
    "Well done..." He muttered to himself, taking in the final vision. They lost buildings... walls... but it was as planned. Slowly, he turned to one of the Free City guards that had been assigned to follow him. Pressing a letter in to their hand, the assassin whispered "Make sure this finds Tokapo...". The weight of it was evident to any who saw the exchange, and gold was likely part of the contents of the sealed letter. "Take pride, you've all proven your worth, but it's time to take the fight to them".
    Pressing on, away from the guard, he cried out to a small collective of Vires warriors at the bottom of the hill, near the charred remains of the tradepost. "Find the Kennels! We've dogs to cage!"
    F@ckin sweeet read man well done
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Both sieges were fun and the spontaneous raid level PvP in Kush was great. Open World PvP > Mini Games
    "He who knows best knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson
    Ausler was created on 11 July 2008/Alisaut was created on 25 July 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast