Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you wish to see from new raid instance?

Default What do you wish to see from new raid instance?

What do you wish to see from new raid instance?
    Just curious to read other peoples thoughts.

Just off the top of my head:

No more shoddy instancing, don't want the T5 version of Memory Cloud.

No Entity-like encounters that heavily favor using ranged alts over melee mains.

Well, first of all new raid has to be higher tier than Jade Citadel and it must not be exploitable like T4-we don`t want another MC.
    I hope that fights will be harder than Zodiac/Emperor as much as Coils are harder than Warmonks.
    Legendary new armour & weapons with obscene amounts of crit and hit rating. Good looking armours-nothing like Dragon Spine sets.

Zodiac-like bosses. Where everyone has a task to complete. I'm tired of seeing cripples in t4.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Zodiac-like bosses. Where everyone has a task to complete. I'm tired of seeing cripples in t4.
    Meh, I'm ok with people having to do tasks, but Zodiac does have very little room for error, someone crashes, etc, and it can be a wipe, needs to be a bit more forgiving imo. But yes, I do agree that having many people having tasks to complete is a great idea, just don't design the fight where a mistake due to conditions out of control will result in failure.

A boss where many people are off doing various tasks, such as people off doing some puzzle stuff, others dealing with adds, rest of raid fighting the boss, all at the same time. Sort of like Thoth fight in T3, but having all the phases happening at the same time.
    Last edited by Texan615; 21st January 2014 at 08:20.

Would also like a dps race boss based on raid parameters, not a set time limit. Ahazu Zagam in T2 type boss where if you take too long, you run out of room (or some similar gimmick for the new boss), not like a Zodiac where if you take too long you get raid wipe. If I want raid boss enrages, I'd play SWTOR. Maybe instead of stuff preventing you from using the space, the space itself is taken from you, such as the floor collapses around you, thus you are left with less and less room to kill the boss.
    Last edited by Texan615; 21st January 2014 at 08:47.

I agree, i love the 1st boss in w2. It's both a dps race, tank kiting and LoS in one fight. I'd like a boss where all have the same task too, and where the cripples get blamed for. Like a jumping puzzle like in Xiba or perhaps jumping over cliffs,laserbeams, weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by lezier-azwar View Post
    What do you wish to see from new raid instance?
    I wish it to be on live servers this year, nothing else.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I agree, i love the 1st boss in w2. It's both a dps race, tank kiting and LoS in one fight. I'd like a boss where all have the same task too, and where the cripples get blamed for. Like a jumping puzzle like in Xiba or perhaps jumping over cliffs,laserbeams, weapons.
    Stinky back in the day was the rite of passage for tanks that knew their stuff, granted that was 5 or so years ago but surely some here on the forums know what I'm talking about. My first time I successfully tanked Stinky on my guard was one of my favorite accomplishments in this game.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast