Thread: Returning - questions

Default Returning - questions

So having left AoC a few years ago after playing Beta and for some time after that, I was playing in the Elder Scrolls Online beta last weekend and although the NDA precludes me from stating that it was pants, it did make me miss playing AoC.

So last night I downloaded the client again and got myself shipwrecked!

A few questions though - really probably dumb but its been a long time.

1. I have some high level characters but couldn't get my Mammoth mount to work. My horse was ok. Any ideas?

2. I wanted to start a new character but the selection was only available for my 2 high level characters. I had to pay a monthly sub to unlock an empty slot. Can I not choose which 2 to use on a FTP basis?

3. How many expansions have there been and in what order? At what level do I need to buy them and is there any benefit to buying early (my new character - a Bear Shaman - is only level 6)

4. I'm going to look around but are there any quick tips or good places to look for guides at low levels? (other than don't roll a Bear Shaman!)

Cheers. Really glad to be back playing again

1) mammoths/rhinos don´t work in certain areas like hubs (OT, Khemi, CV) anymore.. they were blocking traffic also you might need to re-claim them again together with the training (press Claim button on inventory screen or type /claim in chat). also you must be lvl 40 to use them.

2) I guess you will have to delete one of the older chars (not recommended if they are at some nice lvl) .. you can also go premium thus unlock more slots and when you go f2p again, game should let you choose 2 chars you can use as f2p

3) there are 3 expansions..kinda.
    I. Rise of the Godslayer - it´s a full size expansion with endgame content (4 playfields /+1 leveling zone accessible for f2p as well/, A LOT of group dungeons, some solo dungeons and one T4 raid instance), not needed before lvl 80, you must buy it and stay premium to use it.. you can also buy access passes in item shop

II. The Savage Coast of Turan - adventure pack with 1 leveling playfield (lvl 50-60 was it?), 1 lvl 80 group instance, some solo instances and a T3,5 raid instance.. you must buy it, but you don´t have to stay premium to enjoy the content

III. Secrets of the Dragon Spine - 1 endgame content playfield, so far 2 group dungeons, iirc 1 more and 1 solo instance to come, 1 raid instance to come as well.. you don´t have to buy anything, you just have to be premium to go there

4) try these forums (as a f2p you have only access to the f2p forums tho, yea it sucks) or ask ingame

welcome
    Last edited by Argantes; 16th January 2014 at 10:53.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..