Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the use of rogues (aside tw & fh)

Default What are the use of rogues (aside tw & fh)

In raids, more times than not (with some exceptions) equal geared demo/necro out dps any rogue and in pvp they do the same. They have equal cc (better cc than barb) and way dps with it even being at a range. So what are the use of rogues/hox? (my guess, rogues are just more fun to play) but sometimes demo and necros in pvp ruin the game.

My thought is that ppl can make their own pvp game rooms where they can decide what classes they want to fight against. (I bet you will see a lot of no necro/demo/conq)
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Classes are balanced. Barabarians (not assassins) often top single-target DPS lists in raids (check Zodiac fights or Coils runs!) Even you have much more kills in PVP than the rest of your team sometimes. I am not sure why you are creating this topic. Maybe to incite angry reponses?
    Heralds of Xotli are very versatile, switching from single-target DPS to massive AoE DPS and debuffs.
    There is nothing wrong with barbarians and Heralds of Xotli. You do not have to recreate the same topic over and over again, asking Funcom to break the classes. Stay happy and enjoy the game!
    Necromancers and Demonologists are very squishy, and they usually have little chance to battle two foes, while rogues and Herald of Xotli can do that.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 16th January 2014 at 06:04.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

conq do more dmg than sin in pve.. + it has combat res.

and demo? demo is not the problem in pvp or in pve, pretty balanced everywhere, sure waves of flame is bit op,

if u pvp with barb, u should try zerg spec, pvp t2+ full set, maybe pve legs or gloves, depends. and run with upheaval / determination or without warning, demos are piece of cake for u after that
    The Law

So in raids it's not problem without rogues, in pvp why need rogues when there are lots of soldiers? And alandalara hox is not that good especially in pvp, or to say that hox is ok but other classes are not ok (mean soldiers mainly).

Default Common Occurance

I see demos/necros top kills WAY more often than hox,sin,barb. States are facts and that is that demo/necro need to either have range debuffed, cc power reduced + they need less damage. It pisses me off that I so often see demos/necros with something like 10 kills where everyone else has 1 or 2. I rarely see that 10 kill to 1-2 on a barb,hox or sin. (If it happens to any of them, defiantly sin)

In pve I have NEVER seen ANY melee class top dps in zodiac or shang.
    and yes, barbs often out dps sins in pve (cuz they can maintain stacks unlike in pvp), but usually it is a toss-up.

Anyway, I find it annoying that 2 teams can be balanced but one has t4 demo/necro and the other one has t4 rogue/hox and the latter one usually is the one to get farmed with all things being equal if everyone else is t3 (kati,pvp,kash mix)geared.

I had 3 minis in a row farm my team because one (funcom made op demo/necro) was doing 4x more damage than everyone else. (probably playing with one had and eating chips in the other)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    conq do more dmg than sin in pve.. + it has combat res.

and demo? demo is not the problem in pvp or in pve, pretty balanced everywhere, sure waves of flame is bit op,

if u pvp with barb, u should try zerg spec, pvp t2+ full set, maybe pve legs or gloves, depends. and run with upheaval / determination or without warning, demos are piece of cake for u after that
    Dualing demo is extremely hard. You can't predict kb cuz it is instant. They have speed buff for 15 sec so you can't hit em for that time which is enough to nuke you down (ours last for 10 sec and isn't as fast) and demos can't miss cuz they are ranged and lastly, demos have WAY faster debuffing. (I don't know what kind of demos you dual)

The most op thing about demos is excessive range so if they have a big frontline in front of them, by the time you get to them you will have 5 enemies staggering you so the demo steals all the kills without even taking a hit.

If it were up to me, I would give demos pom range and make their instant cast 3x longer cd. Then they would be balanced (even with waves of flame)
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 16th January 2014 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Dualing demo is extremely hard. You can't predict kb cuz it is instant. They have speed buff for 15 sec so you can't hit em for that time which is enough to nuke you down (ours last for 10 sec and isn't as fast) and demos can't miss cuz they are ranged and lastly, demos have WAY faster debuffing. (I don't know what kind of demos you dual)

The most op thing about demos is excessive range so if they have a big frontline in front of them, by the time you get to them you will have 5 enemies staggering you so the demo steals all the kills without even taking a hit.

If it were up to me, I would give demos pom range and make their instant cast 3x longer cd. Then they would be balanced (even with waves of flame)
    So basically make them a pom with no heals... sounds balanced.

nah, pom is well balanced as it is i think

Rogues have distraction. Buffs for a class also (AA feat for group buff). Sharp pointy things too.

Some mobs do better with melee than casting also. And assassins in hide in pvp with all the assassin lotus buffs do major damage on casters from ambush.

Personally I like my healers/casters/guardian more than my rogues, but the barbarian is the most appealing to me of the rogues.

Rangers...urk since they 'fixed' the combos. Might as well be on my demo, at least I can make pretty fires when I cast.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post

exolent balance, liberation enough to kill demo with arcane marauder, dunno.. but i can take out t4 demo with pvp 7 barb, sure they might be bad, since i also play demo and i can kill pvp 10 sin anytime.. either they bad or classes are shitty balanced..?

thing with sin is that its pretty CD based class , unlike zerg barb
    The Law

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast