Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, you've done it again

Default Funcom, you've done it again

So after update, I lost my portents quest debuff, along with all my vanity gear and pets I got from the world bosses. Don't you children test things before you release them. How do I get my stuff back, and what have I done to deserve your utter contempt?

Sincerely,
    A player leaving after my sub is over

You're not the only one. Lots of people have this problem.

aahhhhahahaha too funny.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I didn't think they let the under 18's play this game.

Hardly a reason to drop a sub but I guess that's a mature outlook on things.

Yes, very strange that a patch came today that removed pretty much everything which I got from the world bosses. Was this the patch scheduled for tomorrow?

My Dragon pet and Khitai dancer are gone, my Yeti buff is gone and most of my world boss potions show some sort of default icon which is a broad line drawing of a bottle. At least there's something there, most everything else from the world boss events are now blank.

One toon with the Portents quest on the tracker shows nothing but arrows pointing to empty space with the quest in the journal consisting of 'I' - no text, no quest rewards showing, nothing - others have a blank space under Old Tarantia where you should be able to highlight the quest, but again, no text, so nothing to click.

I'm not threatening to leave, but dear God, this does try one's patience.

what makes you think I'm under 18? B/c I don't feel like paying to play a buggy game online anymore? That's a bit of a stretch. I have been considering leaving for awhile since this game is just getting worse and worse...this just kind of seals it.

WTF FUNCOM?????????????? Update today and game keeps crashing.

Serverdown in the middle of a raid.

[_] Cool.
    [X] Not cool.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

sezmra
    Community Team

Funcom Server Maintenance - January 13th 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The servers will come down for emergency maintenance on January 13th at 20:00 GMT / 3:00pm EST / 12:00pm PST (check this link to see when this is in your timezone). The downtime is scheduled to last 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I didn't think they let the under 18's play this game.

Hardly a reason to drop a sub but I guess that's a mature outlook on things.
    Online games require a huge amount of trust. The customer trusts in the professionality and competence of the company to handle security for both server/client, compability and database integrity with personal data.
    So, i would say NOT demanding correct handling is rather naive. This applies both to f2p and premium...funcom should avoid client messups and new bugs like hell, but...well...

Sure, things like that can happen...but they are unlikely if you announce up and downtimes and test before going officially up again...
    And if they happen...it should be warned about and acknowledged as soon as possible. Should be basics.

I can fully understand especially new players not knowing them to be suspicious of such behaviour. And one sub lost is probably more than just one sub, if they don't establish a trend in gaining a better reputation.

You can't seriously tell people, that even a small team can't manage a simple post and text update on the patcher that works or a post stating at least "something is wrong, we are aware of the problem and will fix it asap". And logging in after a patch (or live script) takes what...5 minutes??? Too busy for that?
    Oh wait...whoever writes the patch or runs the scripts probably has no account for AoC...
    Well, he/she should have!

About the buff: They said they wanted to change the way the buffs work...maybe it is this with some side effects and at least partly intended?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th January 2014 at 19:57.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast