Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game director letter December

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpernickle View Post
    People need to stop complaining. They are addressing the PvP gear itemization as per requested. Unchained minigame + new minimap, along with the raid and 6 man are still being worked on.

This is Funcom. Not Blizzard. They don't have a team of 100+ dev's working around the clock. There is about 35-40 dev's spread across three games.

Take it or leave it. Sitting around here QQing doesn't bring any results.

I will concede on the fact that it is pretty LOUSY that Funcom has still not addressed the server transfer issues.
    This came 2-3 years too late, oh and its only " on the horizon" The server merge was on the horizon for 6 months, Free Xfers still have no info when, pvp changes and fix's has been "On the Horizon" For 3-4 years.

gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Spartek View Post
    This came 2-3 years too late, oh and its only " on the horizon" The server merge was on the horizon for 6 months, Free Xfers still have no info when, pvp changes and fix's has been "On the Horizon" For 3-4 years.

gtfo
    Quoted for Truth.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I did not expect anything for January. I;m sure most of them took vacations and were not required to work much from the 20th until the 2nd.

Now, at the end of January going into February, they need to get to work making some changes. Between spawning bosses (which was already there after the 5 anniversary), the small additional Halloween content, and all the time they had since Summer until now, people have been patient enough. I realize they had some updated unchained dungeons...not many really asked for that though, there is already over 50 6 mans available, probably more. That's variety enough, that was a waste of time and resources IMO.

I just hope they start making some pvp fixes or add some pvp content, 1 pvp update a year is not too much to ask, even if just one person is working on it.

Even if they just push 1 or 2 pvp updates or "fixes" to test live, it would be a great relief to the community and proof that funcom was actually working on it rather than just retreading lip service.

But like I said, January is usually a non productive business period for most companies, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this month and perhaps some of the next, but by late February/early march we should at least some things on TL.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    letter was such a slap in the face, this is why I'm not resubbing next month. where is the crafting update?
    I'm with you. I came back to AOC when I read about the character transfers being offered for the month after merges.
    I've committed to a guild on another server and now the silent rule is "Don't bring up transfers. We have no information for you on it."

I am NOT resubbing either. It seems like a consistent path around the old mulberry bush.

Hopefully the crafting revamp will be worth everyone's patience. Have fun all. I'm going to Path of Exile.

gtfo
    You are clearly a dissatisfied customer who feels he has been wronged many times the past several years. May I ask why you're still playing the game, and giving money to a company you despise?
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 8th January 2014 at 04:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    4) A variety of accessories which could be purchasable that let you excel at some stats but lose others. Right now you can only pick one cape, one ring (hox and dt can choose b/t magic or combat rating I suppose). We need specific accessories that allow survivability vs. dps, risk vs. reward. Customizing your character with options purchasable through pvp badges will allow people greater freedom to manipulate the stats they want at a cost, and give players a feeling of additional progression.
    Totally agree with this. Why not specific rings for differents classes, like a ring with dexterity for example, instead of the meh combat rating for rangers/sin etc...
    I'm using Jiang Shi ring on ranger for years now, there should be something like that on the pvp accessory list.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpernickle View Post
    You are clearly a dissatisfied customer who feels he has been wronged many times the past several years. May I ask why you're still playing the game, and giving money to a company you despise?
    I am not playing the game, and I have not gave money to the company ever since f2p happened.

You still paying? holy mother...

Im basically stating that all wonderful suggestions to fix pvp or improve pvp has been suggested 4-5 years ago. Nothing was done, they've always said they're going to look into pvp and fix it, 5 years later nothing.
    So shut your mouth newbie "hardcore" server pvper, you have no clue how pvp on this game was like in the golden times.

What a bunch of crybabies!

Get out of town or shut up. Please

I like the sound of the achievements. There is something troubling joyful about ticking of a long list of boxes. Can’t wait.

The Crafting revamp is months if not years of playtime. Bring it sooner rather than later.

Pvp updates are good for those who do. I really would like to start playing pvp but the amount of whining and childish behavior is off putting. What would the same people say if I signed for a mini then stated that it was the first time I played pvp and if anyone would be so kindly to give me a heads up on what I was supposed to do? The threshold to start pvp is enormous. Maybe some of the time used to QQ-ing could be better spent making pvp guides for classes, maps and rulesets? Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything, but if you really care about pvp'ing do you not think that getting a bigger and healthier pvp community would yield better results?

I am also looking forward to the new raid. This is important to keep the interest of all the raiding guilds. We want new candy and we want it yesterday

New dungeons …
    I think we have enough new dungeons for a while now.

All in all; a promising letter and a great year for AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I realize they had some updated unchained dungeons...not many really asked for that though, there is already over 50 6 mans available, probably more. That's variety enough, that was a waste of time and resources IMO.
    Disagree with you. Good amount of people gets bored with KK runs and monastery runs. They want better rewards and harder bosses. How many Monastery groups can beat Caravan Raiders Hideout or Coils of Uba-Can? How many twinks with green items who stand inside Yags waiting for help can survive in Scorpion Cave?

Waste of time and resources is something like horse race in Old Tarantia.

gtfo
    Good luck running this game on a computer from 2005... :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast