Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to get the best gear?

Go t1/t2. Join a guild. Leech t4 gear. Done

Elite enemies (inside dungeons or outside) are for groups and you can't beat any by yourself unless you have about 20 levels on them. For dungeons 2 players of each role is ideal, especially while leveling.

Factions will happen after 80, look at AoC armory to see what you'll get for joining them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Go t1/t2. Join a guild. Leech t4 gear. Whine that there's nothing to do in game after deliberately ignoring 95% of content. Ragequit like a bitch.
    Fixed.

Are you actually talking about the best in-game gear at all, or the best gear you can get as a F2P?

I'll orientate this answer to the F2P possible gear since you posted on that forum section.

Khitai isnt accessible to F2P (even if you purchased the extension, you need premium membership to access it)

As for gear accessible as F2P, the best you can get is in many cases T1 armor and weapons with some accessories from old dungeons like Iron Tower and Xiba. One week every month you will get a chance for T2 gear from world bosses events, and a possibility to earn T3 relic tokens with which you will eventually be able to purchase T3. You can also get some temporary passes for T2/T3 either from the item shop (real money) or from the occasional gifts to freemium members.

If you purchased Turan extension you CAN access it without premium membership, there you have the possibility to get some interesting (though not the best) accessories in solo instances. You'll also have access to Ardashir Fort dungeon which drops a nice helmet (usually better than T1/T2).

If you aim to PVP, as a Freemium player; your best available gear will probably be the PVP gear that you purchase through tokens as you progress in PVP level. You can alternatively purchase the PVP 1 armor set from the item shop (real money).

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    If you aim to PVP, as a Freemium player; your best available gear will probably be the PVP gear that you purchase through tokens as you progress in PVP level. You can alternatively purchase the PVP 1 armor set from the item shop (real money).

Really sad to ear that, especially because Pvp in AoC is told to be not good. Never played PvP in MMORPGs, I really hate it. I'll go on with the game because I like the lore and the mechanics, just was wondering about the end-game items. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    Really sad to ear that, especially because Pvp in AoC is told to be not good. Never played PvP in MMORPGs, I really hate it. I'll go on with the game because I like the lore and the mechanics, just was wondering about the end-game items. Thank you.
    Where did you hear those rumors? PVP in Age of Conan is perfect, and any class you play will be a blast once you master it! As a F2P player, the best that you can obtain is T1, T3.5, or PVP T3 gear for PVP matches.
    The expensive option for a F2P player is buying the Khitan expansion, accesses to the area, and stacking up on AA potions.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

but combat system is for pvp and u really say that in Hyboria people only slay wolves and dragons? Id rather slay other players you are missing the most important part of the game
    The Law

Really sad to ear that, especially because Pvp in AoC is told to be not good
    Some whiner said so? PvP in this game is as good that I´ve been still doing it once upon time already for 5 years with my personal more than 30 years gaming experience...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Rumors from various forums that I've read. The most appreciated fantasy-based MMORPGs seem to be Guild Wars, GW2 and Dark Age of Camelot above others. I don't consider MOBAS, like League of Legends, because they are not RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    but combat system is for pvp and u really say that in Hyboria people only slay wolves and dragons? Id rather slay other players you are missing the most important part of the game
    PvP and PvE are funny in different ways.
    WhenI play a game I like to read and live a story, I like to feel the sense of wonder when I explore the worlds that the artists created. A good and immersive story is a fun for me.
    In PvP there is no story. It's like rolling dices, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. I don't find this amusing but I can understand that, for some people, the challenge is funny itself.

Rumors from various forums that I've read. The most appreciated fantasy-based MMORPGs seem to be Guild Wars, GW2 and Dark Age of Camelot above others. I don't consider MOBAS, like League of Legends, because they are not RPG.
    On the contrary, Guild Wars 2 PVP is boring, deprived of diversity, and too monotonous compared to Age of Conan. Someone has been misleading people.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast