Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to get the best gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    you should figure out which faction you want to go with first for your class.
    What is the difference between chosing one faction or another? Is there a best faction for Necromancer?

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    What is the difference between chosing one faction or another? Is there a best faction for Necromancer?
    Brittle Blade

What is the difference between choosing one faction or another?
    Each faction has an opposite that becomes your enemy. And each faction has gear that's better for a particular class than its opposite. Best way to figure out which factions to go with is to check the forum for your class here (there's usually a tread with faction recommendations), and AoC>TV for its gear database: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

For a necro or demo, BB is by far the best for damage, but don't feel that you have hold out for BB rares.

Wolves, while not ideal for dps, has decent survivability and having some extra constitution can make solo play much easier.

SC gear is also comparable to BB gear, it just does not have as much crit rating.

I would stay away from Jade or Scholars gear, they have stats like evade and immunity that you can never get high enough to matter.

There are still some old world blues that are decent, some out of Xibaluku, and if you do HoC there are very respectable blues out of there.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th January 2014 at 13:54.
    Doomsayer 2008

Necromancer, lv35, Crom pve. I know that I am far away from the endgame, but I am wondering why on internet there are just few guides for this game.
    Even the AoCwiki is abandoned with a lot of empty pages and approximate informations.
    Anyway, thanks for help!
    Close best gear for you in Sanctum of Burned Souls, Wild Lands of Zelata, Aquilonia. Just ask some people in guild or high level in global chat to help you, or join any other run to Sanctum. It have 39 level blue gear. Try get quests for Sanctum in Wild Lands of Zelata before run, because you can get first blue cape 40 level as quest reward.

Don't worry about gear until you're 80, just the occasional random blues from trader will be enough, and don't pay anything more than 5s for those either. Gear is very unimportant while normal leveling.

Sanctum of Burning Souls is for levels 35-45 (I think) and any random helpful 80 from global can clear it to net you some nice stuff that'll last until 60. There'll usually be a few bored 80s hanging around and they're likely to do a few Sanctum runs if you ask. Black Castle is for 30-40 but it needs at least 4 people to complete so it's not possible for a single helpful 80 to clear it for you. Though you can always attempt to get together a proper group of lowbies and do any dungeon yourself.

Black Castle drops are lvl 32
    Sanctum of Burning Souls drops are lvl 38

Tried to go inside Black Castle alone and I've beeen killed by the firs mob. I was lv35...-_-!

Necromancer, lv35, Crom pve. I know that I am far away from the endgame, but I am wondering why on internet there are just few guides for this game.
    Even the AoCwiki is abandoned with a lot of empty pages and approximate informations.
    Anyway, thanks for help!
    For level 35, go to Black Castle, Pyramid of the Ancients (EPIC), and Sanctum of Burning souls with five otherer people within your level, plus or minus seven levels.

Also, check the trader for random blue (or even green) gear. Crafted items will come at level 40.

For Black Castle, you need the following:
    1 conqueror, D.T., or guardian: level 30-40;
    1 conqueror, D.T., or guardian: level 30-40;
    1 priest of Mitra, bear shaman, or tempest of Set: level 28-40;
    2 people who wish to join your cause: level 28-40.

For Sanctum, you need the following:
    1 conqueror, D.T., or guardian: level 35-45;
    1 priest of Mitra, bear shaman, or tempest of Set: level 35-40;
    2-3 people who wish to join your cause: level 35-40.

For Pyramid of the Ancients, Epic:
    1 conqueror, D.T., or guardian: level 36-45;
    1 conqueror, D.T., or guardian: level 36-45;
    1 priest of Mitra, bear shaman, or tempest of Set: level 36-45;
    2 people who wish to join your cause: level 35-45.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 9th January 2014 at 07:09.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

What is the difference between chosing one faction or another?
    The same question for Ranger. Best faction?

PS: Thanx Lunatic, really usefull answer with suggestions on how to beat the Dungeons.
    Last edited by caabal78; 9th January 2014 at 06:52.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast