Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to get the best gear?

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    Rumors from various forums that I've read. The most appreciated fantasy-based MMORPGs seem to be Guild Wars, GW2 and Dark Age of Camelot above others. I don't consider MOBAS, like League of Legends, because they are not RPG.
    Those games may well be more appreciated - I assume you mean popular, but as for PvP there is no comparison.

AoC has damned good graphics, gameplay, and content. Some will argue that the PvP content in AoC is lacking, fair enough but the PvP mechanics are quite good, and lots of PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    The same question for Ranger. Best faction?

PS: Thanx Lunatic, really usefull answer with suggestions on how to beat the Dungeons.
    Tigers is best for ranger (DPS is key).

Focusing on PVE as i understand, this chart from cynara blog can help you get an idea of the huge gap there is between "end-game" freemium gear (T1/T2) and end-game premium gear (you can transpose to other classes than priests):

http://cynarablog.files.wordpress.co...iest-sets2.png

So, to get the best gear, better go premium.

Besides, you mentionned crafting in your original post, you do not need to be yourself a crafter to use crafted items. Most are bound on equip - and not on pick-up - so this is also the alternative you can go for (for instance, T3 crafted weapons are very potent and often way better than T1/T2 drops which is the best as a freemium).
    Last edited by Gevlya; 15th January 2014 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecata View Post
    Those games may well be more appreciated - I assume you mean popular, but as for PvP there is no comparison.

AoC has damned good graphics, gameplay and content. Some will argue that the PvP content in AoC is lacking, fair enough but the PvP mechanics are quite good, and lots of PvE content.
    Yes, it's true.
    As I said, I don't play PvP, so I am surely not the best to judge which game has better PvP than the other. Almost everyday I spend at least half an hour reading MMO news, it's like an hobby, and my opinion on PvP has been formed merely on web forums' comments from players.
    I must admit than Age of Conan impressed me so much that is one of my top ten MMORPG, even if GW2 or DAoC are more popular.
    This game is from 2008, but graphics are really good, the RPG component is far better than other fantasy games, the difficulty is really well balanced, the storyline is interesting...
    A lot of people criticize Funcom on forums, saying that their games are too much soloable or that they don't release enough content for their games, but I think that they know what they are doing and they are doing it very well. I always have fun with their games cause they offer things other software houses don't offer (playing a Perfect World game or an Aeria Games title is far less funny than playing a Funcom game, imho).
    Ok...I've gone off topic!
    Anyway, thanks everybody for help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234