Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: so FUNCOM what's the deal with the soldier class??

lets make this clear for all noobs and for those who protect their silly classes

1. soldiers? same dps as dps classes while soldiers have 60% prot, + bubbles, self heal, .. seriously?

henry you ever tried to play barb or sin in siege?

so basicly my point is, cloth armors = no space in aoc, play with soldier or healer and be op as always
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    so basicly my point is, cloth armors = no space in aoc, play with soldier or healer and be op as always
    Clothies might not have a space in PvP, but in PvE they're quite useful when you have to make something very dead very fast

But yep, if I did go back to muppeting about on a PvP-server (I hate minis and find them boring as hell, thus I don't bother with them), I'd roll a soldier.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    I completely agree with you, and think 15 secs on stance change is very fair. As you stated any soldier can have 35% midigation while in frenzy so its not completly crippling to them just gives other classes a chance to kill them. The fact that most demos/casters wear T4 gear isnt the problem as you keep staying, its the only solution because pvp gear is just useless against soldiers.
    Which is why they need to rebalance the pvp armor over changing individual class traits first. If unchained goes live and the only gear available for everyone is the present day t3 pvp gear, there is going to be nothing but inbalance. Now, there is some archetype inconsistencies with soldiers that need an update, you can read more about it here:

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59049

I get that people have been filling the void with t4 pve armor, but that's just a short term fix. I think most people agree that the pvp armor needs a rebalance or update, but before that soldiers need to be adjusted some. I'm not in favor of being able to 2-3 shot soldiers, they should be tough to kill, but they should not be running around and 2 shotting players with 1 step combos either.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th January 2014 at 13:40.
    Doomsayer 2008

[QUOTE=Derled;2082619]
    1. soldiers? same dps as dps classes while soldiers have 60% prot, + bubbles, self heal, .. seriously?
    QUOTE]

First of all, I don't pvp at all. not since the start if AoC.
    But even in regards to pve I agree. IMO soldiers should be in the area of guards.
    Yea, give the option of having higher dps (pole arm), but not so much, and bring aggro higher.
    A S&S guard should be the base, and the other classes/builds should build on that.

Anyway, if I'm right or wrong, IMO soldiers should get a look.
    IMO guards should have the best aggro, but lower dps, and the rest of the tank classes should be close, but each with they're own ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by davetheconq View Post
    Nothing is wrong. Classes are where they should be.
    All classes.
    Im a veteran conqueror, played carnage for ages. After conq rewamp, it became OP as ****. I played alot of classes and when I get rage on rogue/caster/healer, I just logged my conq and did shitload of kills with only a few deaths. The best balanced soldier for me was before CC rewamp when I played carn/brute or brute/carn hybrid - decent dps while havin uber combo (whirlwind) with brute CCs or one blessed bubble with rend flesh <- nothing insancely OP like killing machine with uber armor and bubbles or endless KB charge usefull also as a escape ability...

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Im a veteran conqueror, played carnage for ages. After conq rewamp, it became OP as ****. I played alot of classes and when I get rage on rogue/caster/healer, I just logged my conq and did shitload of kills with only a few deaths. The best balanced soldier for me was before CC rewamp when I played carn/brute or brute/carn hybrid - decent dps while havin uber combo (whirlwind) with brute CCs or one blessed bubble with rend flesh <- nothing insancely OP like killing machine with uber armor and bubbles or endless KB charge usefull also as a escape ability...
    Yeah, the population generally agrees soldiers are at a point that even the veteran soldier pvpers are agreeing it's totally stupid.

Please read some of the suggestions here and lend your support on test live, hopefully Funcom will listen to some of the community's opinions, no one here is really out to protect one class or another, but with how powerful soldiers are now it really limits what you can play and be effective with in competitive pvp (premades) and regular minis and world pvp. Right now, soldiers have ZERO counter classes other than another soldier...

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59049
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum;
    Right now, soldiers have ZERO counter classes other than another soldier...
    Hm, a t4 Demo or a BS with T4 blunt will kill a guard pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    Hm, a t4 Demo or a BS with T4 blunt will kill a guard pretty quickly.
    Yeah put a t4 demo vs a t4 guardian or any other t4 soldier to see what happen

Let me explain what happen since funcom doesn't play their own game and they dont know what people are complaining about, the demo will die for sure in 3, 4 or 5 combos before even get the soldier down to 75% of their health, in the other hand 1 soldier need like 3 or 4 players hitting him constantly at the same time so the soldier can die after they use their bubbles etc, and they always can escape with their big energy bar plus their retarded cc resistance, this to me look far away of a fair or balance fight
    Last edited by End-of-Clothies; 8th January 2014 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    Yeah put a t4 demo vs a t4 guardian or any other t4 soldier to see what happen
    Lol - the good demos on Fury or Crom chase guards, not vice versa. Conq is different story.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast