Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: so FUNCOM what's the deal with the soldier class??

Has anyone mentioned stances? I dont have time to read all the qq, but soldiers are pretty balanced aslong as they stay in a chosen stance. Being able to swap stances "stance dance" is rediculous in my opinion, one moment being invincible and knocking you down then doing 4K burst dps(in frenzy)before you get up then swap back to defensive stance. I would like to see a 15 sec cd on swapping stances in both pvp and pve. In frenzy soliders die so easily, and in defensive stance they can be kited all day. This is like giving a sin or barb the ability to swap stances to have 50% all around mitigation at will, funny thing is a DT or conq can do MORE dps then any rogue while in frenzy...seriously!

In Tera warrior class can go to assault/defensive stance, switching stance drains most of the your energy. So you cannot stance dance

And it needs you to have nearly full energy, not just drain it

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Has anyone mentioned stances? I dont have time to read all the qq, but soldiers are pretty balanced aslong as they stay in a chosen stance. Being able to swap stances "stance dance" is rediculous in my opinion, one moment being invincible and knocking you down then doing 4K burst dps(in frenzy)before you get up then swap back to defensive stance. I would like to see a 15 sec cd on swapping stances in both pvp and pve. In frenzy soliders die so easily, and in defensive stance they can be kited all day. This is like giving a sin or barb the ability to swap stances to have 50% all around mitigation at will, funny thing is a DT or conq can do MORE dps then any rogue while in frenzy...seriously!
    The thing about stances is that they are not balanced. My guard (in t1 pvp gear and limited AA) has over 54% protection, in guarded frenzy I sit at 33%, which is well over my full AA PvP 10 Demo who sits at 23.7%.

If I had the pvp cloak as well as a Death's Ward or something like that I would be at 35%+ in frenzy. That's a bit much considering most clothies and light armor classes can't get much past 30% if they try to use protection gear. A DT can get even more through CoI.

Another problem with Frenzy stance is the magical damage modifier, which almost triples the damage from reckoning, greatly affects bleeds, dt proccs...ect... This needs a reduction because it's this component which cause much of the inbalance with soldier damage.

Changing the stance times could be done, but I think 15 seconds it a bit long, 10 seconds would be a good compromise. Also, they need to address the fact you can swap stances while in the KB animation, that is a huge advantage for tank survivability because no other class can do anything while in the animation.

Also, your demo is full t4. Put on t3 pvp armor and weapons and see how easily you burn a tank in frenzy, it's not as quick as your pve gear. The problem with balance is that people use their most geared and developed character to form opinions, which sometimes is misleading. An averaged geared caster with no t4 will have a much harder time burning a tank than someone who has 1500+ magic damage. Another reason why unchained minis need to come and either greatly reduce or eliminate the gear factor...

With unchained minis on the horizon (maybe), it's very IMPORTANT the community addresses the inbalance with the soldier archetype and forces Funcom to finally do something about it. I don't know about you, but I would like to play multiple classes for unchained and not be limited to soldiers and poms just to compete because everyone and their mother is playing them.

It would be a shame to see unchanined go live for it to be just Age of Tanks 2.0.

Please see link to test live where the community suggested changes to tanks is being dicussed...

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59049
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th January 2014 at 23:09.
    Doomsayer 2008

what I found more silly retarded and op about soldier class is 2 things:

first, the insane damage deal just like a rogue or a clothie dps class using the best and heavies armor in game, to me this is retarded and doesn't make any sense, their damage need to be TONE DOWN, and second is the insane CC immunity and CC resistance, I barely almost never can CC (stun the most) a conqueror or a guardian, instead I think and make more sense that should be the oposite, soldier class should be the first and easier class to get CC because of the strongest armor and the higher survavility in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    PvP and PvE don't fundamentaly rely on the same mechanics. So fixing one side of it doesn't necessarly dumb down. For instance, if you drasticly reduce tanks DPS... but counterbalance it by a lore more hate generation... It will make a change in PvP without changing much into PvE except lowering the e-peen dps bar of tanks dps. It wouldn't change much to how the fights work.

Stating the obvious. I'll just shut up now.
    Drastically reduce tanks DPS and increase Hate. Right, and then players leveling(soloing) will rely on that awesome boost where hopefully enemies will tremble upon watching how massive the Hate is and just take their own lifes, not forgetting to drop loot, money and quest item of course.

Stating the obvious.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    Drastically reduce tanks DPS and increase Hate. Right, and then players leveling(soloing) will rely on that awesome boost where hopefully enemies will tremble upon watching how massive the Hate is and just take their own lifes, not forgetting to drop loot, money and quest item of course.

Stating the obvious.
    Well since the changes asking to affect +hate and take away some dps are from top tiered AA such as BFC and VoM, it wouldn't affect anyone leveling since they wouldn't have access to those abilities until 80.

And all the other changes suggested are to pvp armor, which again, would not affect anyone less than 80.

The only ability that could affect pve outside of pvp is the change to the magic damage modifier from frenzy and the time between stance swapping, and while being in frenzy might make the fight a little shorter, it's not going to affect the outcome of anyone leveling to go from a 4 second swap to a 10 second swap on stance dancing.

Also, 80 solo pve content can easily be done in old world blues, so suggesting that minor changes to BFC or VoM would affect the outcome is rather ridiculous when I can complete dead man's hand and the iron island on a hox which was in culture blues and some greens.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th January 2014 at 03:24.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    do you think any soldier can push in a siege with 20-30+mages nuking and stay alive without the protection level now? mini game is not the only thing in pvp, we need to consider the whole picture, reducing protection will ruin soldiers'role in siege, especially when all the mages are full t4. i dont want to see soldiers turtle and do nothing in seige when mages happy pewpewpew.
    YO, try a barb in a seige??

seige is a casters thing, everything else is a tank's thing(seige included honest, they are the ones pushing)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This will make players think before they go into frenzy, adding skill back into the game
    not much of the players base seems interested in a challenge, tanks and spellweave necros, they are all over; then u have the wannabe tank barbs that attempt to proc their blood rage no matter what and poms using 'dps' specs. close the game imo.

aoc 2.0 in the right hands: company is broke, player-base is grind motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    In Tera warrior class can go to assault/defensive stance, switching stance drains most of the your energy. So you cannot stance dance

And it needs you to have nearly full energy, not just drain it
    that is simply awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The thing about stances is that they are not balanced. My guard (in t1 pvp gear and limited AA) has over 54% protection, in guarded frenzy I sit at 33%, which is well over my full AA PvP 10 Demo who sits at 23.7%.

If I had the pvp cloak as well as a Death's Ward or something like that I would be at 35%+ in frenzy. That's a bit much considering most clothies and light armor classes can't get much past 30% if they try to use protection gear. A DT can get even more through CoI.

Another problem with Frenzy stance is the magical damage modifier, which almost triples the damage from reckoning, greatly affects bleeds, dt proccs...ect... This needs a reduction because it's this component which cause much of the inbalance with soldier damage.

Changing the stance times could be done, but I think 15 seconds it a bit long, 10 seconds would be a good compromise. Also, they need to address the fact you can swap stances while in the KB animation, that is a huge advantage for tank survivability because no other class can do anything while in the animation.

Also, your demo is full t4. Put on t3 pvp armor and weapons and see how easily you burn a tank in frenzy, it's not as quick as your pve gear. The problem with balance is that people use their most geared and developed character to form opinions, which sometimes is misleading. An averaged geared caster with no t4 will have a much harder time burning a tank than someone who has 1500+ magic damage. Another reason why unchained minis need to come and either greatly reduce or eliminate the gear factor...

With unchained minis on the horizon (maybe), it's very IMPORTANT the community addresses the inbalance with the soldier archetype and forces Funcom to finally do something about it. I don't know about you, but I would like to play multiple classes for unchained and not be limited to soldiers and poms just to compete because everyone and their mother is playing them.

It would be a shame to see unchanined go live for it to be just Age of Tanks 2.0.

Please see link to test live where the community suggested changes to tanks is being dicussed...

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59049
    I completely agree with you, and think 15 secs on stance change is very fair. As you stated any soldier can have 35% midigation while in frenzy so its not completly crippling to them just gives other classes a chance to kill them. The fact that most demos/casters wear T4 gear isnt the problem as you keep staying, its the only solution because pvp gear is just useless against soldiers.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast