Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game director letter December

Default Game director letter December

Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

No info on free transfers? We ALL need this info, why are you stalling and ignoring us? Come on!
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    No info on free transfers? We ALL need this info, why are you stalling and ignoring us? Come on!
    Apparently afraid to admit certain screw-ups. However, locking threads/ignoring the community has gone long enough. We have no information at this time crap was the answer in November. We should have some kind of answer now, 2 months later. It should've been enabled a month after the Server Merge 4+ months ago.

Hopefully they are "really" working on the new raid and pvp. I don't see this game existing another year without this being added relatively soon. Tradeskill revamp is a complete waste of time/resources.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

As I said on the french part of the forum, I'm pretty pleased with the "fresh air" feeling that we get from this monthly letter. Instead of focusing only on usual thing (Crafting revamp progress, for instance, are nice to read but cannot delivers ground-breaking news each month), the new things presented sounds sweet.

Also, achievement may be a cheap mechanic, but I swear Exploration Cinematics and Lore explanation worth the shot more in AoC than in any other MMO because landscape in AoC are completely awesome.

PvP t2 is harder to get than PvP t3 and yet they are only fixing T3 stats?

Please, tweak T2 too, specially the weapons. T2 and T3 should have the same stats, considering that one is harder to get because you need to pvp a lot more and the other is also hard because you need to pve a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post

Please, tweak T2 too, specially the weapons. T2 and T3 should have the same stats, considering that one is harder to get because you need to pvp a lot more and the other is also hard because you need to pve a lot.
    Yarrr, just delete t2 gear ;] and remove bori tokens needed for t3 >>> bosst it, then I can fap.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post

I don't know, each requires a crap load of time but as opposed to years ago its very easy to sit in CE for hours on end even during prime time because very few people care about driving out farmers.

Also, mini game gear is equally accessible since at some point with pug minis you get a team where 4 players can carry 2.

Maybe giving people a reason to pvp past just one set of pvp gear and accessories will actually bring back a real "want" for people to pvp and see the return of some real guild rivalry, which always creates the best pvp.

Hopefully the tweaks are:

1) A reduction in protection (but a larger reduction for soldiers) and perhaps some reduction in crit rating and crit damage according to archetype armor. Casters, Sins, Barbs, Rangers having more, Tanks and perhaps Shammys having less.
    2) A big increase to pvp t2 and t3 weapons, and not only for melee. The caster versions are just as bad. The shields can be left alone, they are actually good.
    3) A general rebalance of t2/t3 pvp armor where it focuses more on individual archetypes than a broad stat that's given equally to all classes like now, since its obvious some pvp armor and accessories work for some classes much better than others.
    4) A variety of accessories which could be purchasable that let you excel at some stats but lose others. Right now you can only pick one cape, one ring (hox and dt can choose b/t magic or combat rating I suppose). We need specific accessories that allow survivability vs. dps, risk vs. reward. Customizing your character with options purchasable through pvp badges will allow people greater freedom to manipulate the stats they want at a cost, and give players a feeling of additional progression.
    Doomsayer 2008

letter was such a slap in the face, this is why I'm not resubbing next month. where is the crafting update?

People need to stop complaining. They are addressing the PvP gear itemization as per requested. Unchained minigame + new minimap, along with the raid and 6 man are still being worked on.

This is Funcom. Not Blizzard. They don't have a team of 100+ dev's working around the clock. There is about 35-40 dev's spread across three games.

Take it or leave it. Sitting around here QQing doesn't bring any results.

I will concede on the fact that it is pretty LOUSY that Funcom has still not addressed the server transfer issues.
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 8th January 2014 at 00:22.

Funcom and customer feedback can't be in the same sentence. Cause they say they listen, but they actually don't.

It's like this:
    Funcom, "What color do you want the room painted?"
    AOC Community, "All White!'
    Funcom, "Excellent, we'll make the baseboards all white and the walls black. Isn't that exciting! Thank you AOC Community for your feedback."
    AOC Community, "WTF???"...forum QQ galore.

So this GD letter and the QQ is standard procedure and working as intended.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast