Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: so FUNCOM what's the deal with the soldier class??

No MMO will make a class that is unable to do decent dps since it removes the fun in soloing and leveling. So scaling back damage and increasing hate is not a solution unless it is done in a very smart way.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    No MMO will make a class that is unable to do decent dps since it removes the fun in soloing and leveling. So scaling back damage and increasing hate is not a solution unless it is done in a very smart way.
    The only dps balance which is being asked for is for pvp, pve would remain unaffected by the changes.

And as for the AA abilities, reducing some of the damage proccs in favor of +hate would do nothing but balance soldier damage (conq and dt) back to an acceptable level rather than being over the top compared to actual dps classes. That would not be a nerf, but a rebalance.

The only damage nerf which is being asked for is scaling back the magic damage modifier on frenzy, which causes most of the pvp dps in balance because it affects reckoning, bleeds, most of the dt process...ect...
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th January 2014 at 13:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

I was just going to ignore the lump of text on the 1st page .. then I saw folks actually writing .. with paragraphs.

Oh my god shut the **** up. I've been a Brute spec'd conqueror since the very beginning of my play time back in what 09-10 its my main character. and before hand the only threat and preferred conq spec for pvp was carnage and the pve spec was brute. brute was only good for flag botting in pvp and was perhaps decent at best. Now that conqs are where they should've been in the beginning you all complain. Would you really want to push behind enemy lines with a soldier if they cannot handle the punishment and be an actual threat? Or would you rather have us be 100% snared with no weapon and armor so you can stand back in sw or use tts with easy kills? Soldiers have to deal with so much more than you casters or rangers. It's a goddamn melee game with action oriented combat.
    All classes are where they should.

Increase CD time on stance changing and nerf VOM. After that when FC has time they can go into each class and balance accordingly

This will make players think before they go into frenzy, adding skill back into the game
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 6th January 2014 at 04:04.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by davetheconq View Post
    Oh my god shut the **** up. I've been a Brute spec'd conqueror since the very beginning of my play time back in what 09-10 its my main character. and before hand the only threat and preferred conq spec for pvp was carnage and the pve spec was brute. brute was only good for flag botting in pvp and was perhaps decent at best. Now that conqs are where they should've been in the beginning you all complain. Would you really want to push behind enemy lines with a soldier if they cannot handle the punishment and be an actual threat? Or would you rather have us be 100% snared with no weapon and armor so you can stand back in sw or use tts with easy kills? Soldiers have to deal with so much more than you casters or rangers. It's a goddamn melee game with action oriented combat.
    All classes are where they should.
    Yes, soldiers have so much to deal with them not having multiple bubbles, limited energy, low dps in frenzy and no dps in defensive, no CC resists, extremely low protection, and being 2 shot by almost every class. It's hard being a soldier and going 20-0 in premades while holding the flag, it should be 30-0. Oh, and when I charge 15 casters by myself in a siege there is no reason why I should die because I'm supposed to charge large groups by myself and win.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff, and what game are you playing?
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th January 2014 at 05:41.
    Doomsayer 2008

I love how when someone mentions nerfing soldiers, all the soldiers come out and QQ like they're such helpless victims

You guys should try playing a HoX in PvP for a few days in minis with 6+ soldiers and see what you think about conqs, guards, and DT's.

Quote Originally Posted by davetheconq View Post
    Nothing is wrong. Classes are where they should be.
    All classes.
    Ingame name?

You would make wonderful village idiot
    Last edited by Jin-; 6th January 2014 at 06:52.

There is no difficulty setting when you enter this game, except that you can see which types of armor the class you select can wear. If you roll a class that can only use CLOTH armor, expect to get punished when you go 1v1 or try to solo hard mobs. All cloth have heavy number of crowd controls if you choose to feat them. People tend to go for that 5% dps increase rather than more survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    There is no difficulty setting when you enter this game, except that you can see which types of armor the class you select can wear. If you roll a class that can only use CLOTH armor, expect to get punished when you go 1v1 or try to solo hard mobs. All cloth have heavy number of crowd controls if you choose to feat them. People tend to go for that 5% dps increase rather than more survivability.
    Maybe in Crom, i don't know anyone who chooses those small % increases over survival abilities

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast