Thread: Crafting Revamp Question

Default Crafting Revamp Question

I see that with the crafting revamp you will need new materials to craft items with bonus stats such as strength intelligence and so forth, will you be able to take apart old items in order to get these? I think that would be awesome considering how much loot just rots in raids. Also will you be able to "study" old items or take them apart in order to learn how to craft items that look identical to the ones taken apart? That would be seriously awesome, I would love to craft a set of culture gear that looks like scarlet circle robes or some crazy dafari outfit.

Yes, as far as we've been told, by the GD, you will be able to 'salvage' materials.

Here's what the official October letter said ...

Salvaging, which is an important part of the system, will make even the most underused dungeon loot drops useful again. For those of you who choose to play primarily in PvP, we are looking into a solution that will allow you to purchase materials and/or items that can be salvaged for equivalent materials to the PvE drops.
    It's not been made clear precisely how players will acquire items' appearance 'styles' or visuals. That is to say, we know players won't have all visuals available at the start ... and style templates will somehow be drops. But as to whether they drop from items while salvaging; that hasn't been clarified yet.

A loose summary of the crafting system's known and unknown elements can be read here. TMAB: on crafting
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Exclamation when????

but when funcom have a idea for relase the new sistem crafting + mini unchained?