Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know name of this ui?

OK, so I found the file that deals with the loading / splash screens, and their is a simple fix to revert them to the old looking way, without effecting the rest of the UI.

Go to:

Age of Conan > Data > Gui > Customized > Views

There is a file called SplashScreenView - their are two, with one ending in .bxml and you can rename this, although I think it's created each time the game starts (after I renamed it and restarted the game it vanished, but was recreated when I reverted back).

Just rename it to __SplashScreenView and restart the game. The loading screens will now have the original images with the Conan stories and lore on them.

You could delete the file I suppose, but renaming it works just as well, and you can always restore the name to get it back later too.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    OK, so I found the file that deals with the loading / splash screens, and their is a simple fix to revert them to the old looking way, without effecting the rest of the UI.

Go to:

Age of Conan > Data > Gui > Customized > Views

There is a file called SplashScreenView - their are two, with one ending in .bxml and you can rename this, although I think it's created each time the game starts (after I renamed it and restarted the game it vanished, but was recreated when I reverted back).

Just rename it to __SplashScreenView and restart the game. The loading screens will now have the original images with the Conan stories and lore on them.

You could delete the file I suppose, but renaming it works just as well, and you can always restore the name to get it back later too.
    Hm thanks a lot for finding the relevant files; I ended up replacing the .xml with the one from the gui/default folder. I'm fine with using the default load screen, and never really understood why so many AoC ui's bother to change login and load screens.

However, I'm still having issues with the mail icon. Now that I look closely on the screenshot you linked, it seems that part of the map isnt obscured for me or anything, so it's not like that icon could be hidden in my UI... No matter how much I change resolution, I don't get the mail icon to show...

I've done some tinkering with the views/mapgui/minimapviews.xml file, changing some numbers around, but even when I raise the minimap by multiple pixels, leaving ample space under it, there's no new mail icon to see (however, mail icon shows if I choose normal or centered wide versions, it's just that I really like the small centered one..).

I'm kinda baffled as to what to do at the moment... You're using small centered 2 rows from "fireui_0_8_by_b0mbata-d37bwj7" installed with aoc ui installer, right? Assuming we've used the same zip, it's very weird that I have this problem.

Have you tried mailing yourself something or buying something cheap off the trader?

It only appears when their is an item in the mail or their is unread mail.
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Have you tried mailing yourself something or buying something cheap off the trader?

It only appears when their is an item in the mail or their is unread mail.
    Yeah I have, and as said, mail icon shows in normal and centered wide versions of fireUI :/

Anyhow, there's a guy in the actual fireUI thread, way back in March or something, who mentions the exact same issue I have. I think it's likely, assuming you use the small centered 2 rows version (can't tell by your screenshot), that you've installed from another version (i.e. zip file) of the UI than me and that guy, since this doesn't seem to be a resolution issue.

I don't suppose there's a 0.7 (or earlier) version of FireUI floating around somewhere? Can't find anything on google or deviantart.

No, I'm using version 0.8 - that's the most recent version released.

I have no idea why it's not showing for some people. I have the same install as you guys I assume, and I've never altered the files that deal with the mail icon - it's just always worked by regularly installing the UI. I've installed it on all sort of crappy and good rigs, at various resolutions and it's worked fine.

That's so odd.

I will have a hunt on my PC for an old version - I'm bound to have them somewhere, unless I deleted them. But I'll also test the various UI install options and see if I can get it not to show.
    -------------------

OK, so I tried all the UI's install - I see the issue now.

Apparently I use 2 rows centered - but not the small version. That was way to small for me to look at for very long - it's why I also increased the size of on screen buffs. It was hell on my eyes.

You are right - the mail icon doesn't show under the 'small' version of the UI installation. Must be some way to fix that - I'll play with it and see if I can get it to show.
    -------------------

OK, so I tried all the UI's install - I see the issue now.

Apparently I use 2 rows centered - but not the small version. That was way to small for me to look at for very long - it's why I also increased the size of on screen buffs. It was hell on my eyes.

You are right - the mail icon doesn't show under the 'small' version of the UI installation. Must be some way to fix that - I'll play with it and see if I can get it to show.
    Yeah I wondered about whether you might use a different version, couldn't quite see in the screenshot you posted but it looked like the normal centered one. However, in one of the videos in your/Mist Wolves youtube channel, the UI was the small centered 2 rows one, so I figured you did use it. Maybe someone else in your guild does?

Anyhow, I really appreciate you trying to help, but please don't waste your free time with this on my account - it's ultimately a minor annoyance, and there are a few other good UIs available

Hm I noticed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGybU87fjX0 it looks like you're using the small centered 2 rows version, but still have the mail icon showing. It's an old video though, so I guess it's possibly an older version of the UI?

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    Hm I noticed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGybU87fjX0 it looks like you're using the small centered 2 rows version, but still have the mail icon showing. It's an old video though, so I guess it's possibly an older version of the UI?
    I'm pretty sure that's the regular version - I just find the smaller one way too small, so it's unlikely I used it. I struggle to get comfortable looking at it when it's that scaled down. (Plus I increased the size of all onscreen buffs, so I could see them clearly - so it may appear smaller in comparison).

But, I'll dig out any older versions I have though, and chuck them up on a download site for you. Still not sure why the current version doesn't though
    -------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast