Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know name of this ui?

Default Does anyone know name of this ui?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuzgcdjAqQE

Was looking the other day some videos about scorpions cave and saw (in my opinión) a good ui used by the player. If someone know the name please tell me i wish test it

Yep, that's what I'm using in the vid - Fire UI.

The dude who makes it no longer updates it, but it still works fine (I did tweak it a bit to change the buff sizes).
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Yep, that's what I'm using in the vid - Fire UI.

The dude who makes it no longer updates it, but it still works fine (I did tweak it a bit to change the buff sizes).
    Are you using the small centered 2 rows version? I am, but it makes it impossible to see new mail icon... Also, the removal of zone text when loading is annoying, you don't by any chance know how to get it back?

I'm pretty sure I use the centered 2 rows version - although it's been ages since I've had to re-install the ui.

I see the mail icon - it's the little burning note underneath the mini-map? Looks like this:

Mail Icon

Does that not show for you?

I did notice when I had the game set to bordered window, at a low resolutions it disappeared off the side of the screen. Full screen though (or borderless windowed), at higher resolutions it was fine. It may even be just the bordered window setting.

What do you mean by zone text?
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I'm pretty sure I use the centered 2 rows version - although it's been ages since I've had to re-install the ui.

I see the mail icon - it's the little burning note underneath the mini-map? Looks like this:

Mail Icon

Does that not show for you?

I did notice when I had the game set to bordered window, at a low resolutions it disappeared off the side of the screen. Full screen though (or borderless windowed), at higher resolutions it was fine. It may even be just the bordered window setting.

What do you mean by zone text?
    Yeah, that's invisible for me... I use 1920x1080 though, maybe your resolution is higher?

By zone text, I mean the flavour text/excerpts from Conan literature that show on loading screen. For instance, when loading Atzel's Approach you often get a "Conan saw no people and very few animals..." paragraph quoted from some book, or when loading Kara Korum you get flavour text about the pyre and the smell of burning Corrupted etc...

99% of the time it doesn't matter, but there are still a few dungeons/raids and even zones I haven't been to, so I'd like to see that text.

I tested it on a crappy work pc with a 21" monitor:

1024 x 768 - didn't show
    1152 x 864 - didn't show
    1280 x 768 - just could see it on the edge of the screen
    1280 x 800 - same as above.

At 1680 x 1050 it showed fine. The 1400 & 1600 wide options all showed it too. I myself play at 2550 x 1440 (29") on my main rig so didn't realize this was an issue - it always showed.

So, it is there, it's just doesn't fit on the screen below 1280 wide..... I think. But your monitor seems ok. I wonder if 16:9 and 16:10 makes a difference?

Do you play Fullscreen, Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen? I tried various options, but the main thing that made it appear was the width resolution, regardless of windowed or not.

As for the info text, I should imagine you can have them show. I'll have a look.
    -------------------

I tested it on a crappy work pc with a 21" monitor:

1024 x 768 - didn't show
    1152 x 864 - didn't show
    1280 x 768 - just could see it on the edge of the screen
    1280 x 800 - same as above.

At 1680 x 1050 it showed fine. The 1400 & 1600 wide options all showed it too. I myself play at 2550 x 1440 (29") on my main rig so didn't realize this was an issue - it always showed.

So, it is there, it's just doesn't fit on the screen below 1280 wide..... I think. But your monitor seems ok. I wonder if 16:9 and 16:10 makes a difference?

Do you play Fullscreen, Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen? I tried various options, but the main thing that made it appear was the width resolution, regardless of windowed or not.

As for the info text, I should imagine you can have them show. I'll have a look.
    Hm gonna experiment a bit with resolutions tomorrow, and see what I find. Thanks for tips, and for looking into loading text.

Appreciate your videos btw! - I prefer HenryX's videos since he adds usually-interesting music to them, but you have quite a few encounters that he doesn't, and which probably wouldn't be on youtube otherwise, at least in good quality. Despite the low view count, it's really cool for new players that it's available (or at least for me ^^), especially since AoC has precious few up-to-date online ressources these days.

I sometimes add music to them, but I generally find it annoying and mute music in game videos I watch (unless it's the actual ingame sounds), so don't bother to add it to my own vids most of the time.

Yeah, HenryX makes cool videos - very artistic. I like that 12 classes one - that's brilliant. I have zero talent in that way. I just put them up more as info tool for my guildies - and because their aren't a lot of vids that show the fights thoroughly.
    -------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast