Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: These world boss items are too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    We were not speaking about T1 / T2 weapons, we were talking about the rare drop epic weapons which are on par or even better than T3
    well they were introduced as new T3 weapons so i guess they should be on par with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    We were not speaking about T1 / T2 weapons, we were talking about the rare drop epic weapons which are on par or even better than T3
    Alright, haven't seen any of those drop but in the i think it all comes down to the same thing. What is rewarded in AoC still is, like most MMO's i've tested/played, the time you spend playing it.

Skill isn't what is rewarded, sure it can help but all in all, you don't need any to get the gear. And that's true in PvE and PvP. So i don't see a lottery system as something innapropriate.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Makes me wonder if it is intended for the inventory boxes off the Travelling Merchant to be free..? Half the server has got it soon, while others have paid €25 for it...

Actually, if its an item game sell or jhiang shi, those are not free. One was listed as costing 2000 rares (definitely not right).

But the item shop and commanders haversack (crafted) ones are free.

Have to assume that the 'trash' bags are just there to say 'oh, drat, I got a dud bag' from the merchant.

I still think they should be called 'traveling merchant bag vendor' or something different than the lvl 7 renowned traveling merchant contracts so that people don't buy them on the trader as being the 'new bags' accidentally.

Yeah there are some scamming going on there.

When I fought the dragon, I got some potions that are for 'I don't know what'.
    When I fought the Yeti, which I think was his first appearance, I got an epic Gorgula Tali, which was 'meh'.

I got an epic 50% of the time, but didn't need it, and got some ole dookie potions for something or other.
    Haven't done any farming there. No interest to, but I'm satisfied with my 'gettins'.

Maybe for Boss events they should distribute token maybe 3 for F2P players. The players can only use the items they won from the boss in exchange for the tokens.

Premium players don't need tokens because they pay for the game and should any and all obtainable items equitable.

Just my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Alright, haven't seen any of those drop but in the i think it all comes down to the same thing. What is rewarded in AoC still is, like most MMO's i've tested/played, the time you spend playing it.

Skill isn't what is rewarded, sure it can help but all in all, you don't need any to get the gear. And that's true in PvE and PvP. So i don't see a lottery system as something innapropriate.
    The weapons are ok, but nothing much better or game breaking than anything you can grind out yourself.

And from the ones I have seen, they basically have just above t2 dps but have much lower crit rating and damage than K6 blues. The real benefit from these weapons other than they are free is that they are actually balanced for particular classes so the stats look more inviting to some. However, unless your stuck using a crafted blue weapon, the weapon drops are not much better than what you can farm out of a simple wing 1.

As for some of the rings, they are on par with death's ward and it's super easy to get that. The necklaces look pretty meh so far though, mostly on par with the old iron tower necklaces, but actually a little worse.
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th January 2014 at 14:35.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The weapons are ok, but nothing much better or game breaking than anything you can grind out yourself.

And from the ones I have seen, they basically have just above t2 dps but have much lower crit rating and damage than K6 blues. The real benefit from these weapons other than they are free is that they are actually balanced for particular classes so the stats look more inviting to some. However, unless your stuck using a crafted blue weapon, the weapon drops are not much better than what you can farm out of a simple wing 1.

As for some of the rings, they are on par with death's ward and it's super easy to get that. The necklaces look pretty meh so far though, mostly on par with the old iron tower necklaces, but actually a little worse.
    Are you looking at the same weapons as me? The Repressor's Flamebrand (new hox sword) is better than T3, the rank 4 Hyrkanian sword and the AoK unchained sword. The only better items are from T4/T3.5

the second boss sucks ass, i cant even kill the yeti because all the damn chars in an instance its so crowded that it causes the client to crash constantly. not to mention that the fricking necro's refuse to put their pets away so you crash regardless of any settings.

funcom needs to get yeti up every 2 hours in every instance so everyone has a chance to kill the world boss, now i cant untill i can find a time when not everyone and theirt granny is in the same instance.

this sucks ballsack. i really dont care about the rewards being purple or blue, they are not overpowered since its still all about skill and timing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast