Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: These world boss items are too OP.

Default These world boss items are too OP.

At the danger of sounding like a lootwhore: these items are way too good to be so rare!
    First of all: the drop chances are unbelievably low. I know several people that have done >100 kills and didn't have epics. The chance on a epic cache seems to be about 3-5% (roughly) and the chance of getting a new epic (let alone a epic you want) from that is even lower.

The items are too good for 4 reasons:
    1. There is no skill involved
    2. It is not for premium only
    3. They are not reasonably obtainable
    4. Some people payed a lot of money for it.

1. I think bosses that drop such good items should require a certain skill level. Be it solo, in a 6man or in a raid. Some examples (thank you Cynara):

- Ironclad trinket of eternal resilience (neck): 130 armor 78 con 28 hate increase 133 protection. (You gain 28hate, lose about 8points of dps vs T4. Guards?)
    - Runic Band of Inherent Hatred (ring): 78 con, 30 crit rtg, 30 hate inc rtg, 133 protection (Most guards would prefer this over band of immortals?)
    - Paladin’s Widowmaker (2he): 139.9 dps, 591 combat rtg (2he), 81 hit rtg, 65 crit rtg, 55 hate inc rtg, 80 crit dmg rtg, 166 protection (You lose some aggro, you gain some prot. Good conq alternative to T4 in some cases)
    - Coffer of Nullity (backpack): 122 additional slots. Seriously!? This is just a slap in the face for people that payed >E25 for them. Especially if it was just a few weeks back like one of my friends.

These items are just as good or arguably even better then T4. It is frustrating for all people that put time and effort in a T4 raid week after week if a lvl 30 f2p player gets a item like that without putting in any effort or skill or even a noticeable contribution to the worldboss kill.

2. F2p can access 2 T1 raids. With the gear they obtain there it is extremely unlikely they ever get into a T3.5 raid as f2p.
    Besides, Funcom is a company right? They want to make money or not? :o

3. Even by grinding this boss 24/7 and doing several 100 of kills on each worldboss your chances of getting a weapon/accessory are still slim at best. A token system for these worldbosses where they would be obtainable even for as much as 200 tokens or something at least would reward people that put enough time in.

I know Funcom does not have the time or resources to design dungeons/raids in the same pace the community nags for new items with certain combinations of stats. Dropping them from a lootpinata or adding them to a existing loottable however (making the T3.5 loottables unreasonably big) are not a good solution.

Ps. Now don't give me that sh*te about 'This boss is not supposed to be farmed'.
    If they were not supposed to be farmed the loot should not be so extremely desirable. Funcom should just have left the loottables with T1/T2/Vanity/T3 relics to make the drops nice for once and let the cape be the only good end-game reward.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 2nd January 2014 at 13:30.

I know you say the drop rates are low but just prior to one boss fight last night I saw 6 or 7 pet dragons running around. They actually looked common at that moment.

Face the facts, a rare drop is only rare if hardly anyone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I know you say the drop rates are low but just prior to one boss fight last night I saw 6 or 7 pet dragons running around. They actually looked common at that moment.

Yes, I agree about the dragon. It should maybe be even more rare. It would have been even cooler in my opinion to make the dragon real-size and the droprate one in a ten/twenty thousand. That way it would really be unique, people would turn their heads and something to brag about as you are likely to be one in a select few that have it.

The weapons however are not just vanity and are a part of a characters progression. That is why I think they should be reasonable obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post

I've never seen more than a couple.

It's very rare. Far less than 1%. One guy claimed to have done it over 500 times without getting one. Group of people I was doing it with last night probably have collectively probably 1000 kills with one dragon between all of us so far. I've probably done 80 kills myself on the 2 bosses and have only 3 rare caches, all of which were T3 relics.

Edit: check out cynara's blog if you want to pretend good drops aren't extremely rare.
    Last edited by Chillee; 2nd January 2014 at 15:46.

they are reasonable obtainable. All you have to do is be like all the cows playing the world boss thing and hurry up and wait.

And I know you weren't just bitching about rare items being "rare".

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    they are reasonable obtainable. All you have to do is be like all the cows playing the world boss thing and hurry up and wait.

And I know you weren't just bitching about rare items being "rare".
    Is that reasonable? I have like 100 kills on the Dragon (no-life-holiday-gaming), did get only 1 cache, which gave me relics. I assume I'm extremely unlucky there since I know people that have less kills with 4/5 caches, but the good stuff coming from those is even more rare.

What's also weird is the difference in the epic drops, some of the rings are extremely crappy (who wants a ring without any hit crit or hate?), others are better than khitai-faction stuff. Some of the stuff I'd consider to be on T3 level, others not even close (lower or higher).

Now it's starting to look like a grindfest, everyone that no-lifes gets rewarded. Killing the boss on a couple of chars is hard enough on itself when you do not have 5 hours a day at hand. Now with the epic grindfest for good loot, it will most likely become even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    Is that reasonable? I have like 100 kills on the Dragon (no-life-holiday-gaming), did get only 1 cache, which gave me relics. I assume I'm extremely unlucky there since I know people that have less kills with 4/5 caches, but the good stuff coming from those is even more rare.
    I killed the dragon maybe 5 times on my sin. Got one cashe with 5 T3 relics. Once with 3 T3 relics. One raid item, T1 I believe. So of those 5 kills I got a pretty damn good draw.

On the other hand, I did the Yeti 5 times last night. Got 1 black cobra pet, one baby hippo pet, and 3 different sets of pots that are vanity only items.

Drops are as random as they can be.

Hey, if you want to do the "Hurry up and wait" thing with the "rare" chance at scoring loot, or some useless fluff(pets), that's fine for you.... More than likely you will score Stamina food.
    ENJOY!

Meanwhile, a T3 raid takes 2-3 hours for a full clear, loot chances are better not to mention the loot is better too.

But some of you will keep grazing the cattle field.

I think both the dragon pet and the epic rings should be more easily obtainable, i.e. they should be more likely to drop than they are now, and there should also be a way to buy them with tokens which you'd get from each kill of the world bosses.

I don't like the idea of an attractive pet being basically a lottery -- there should be a reliable way to obtain it by a reasonable amount of effort (and the drop rate currently is low enough that many people have been unable to obtain the dragon pet even though they did as much farming as is reasonably possible in this amount of time).

It's not as attractive if everyone has it.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast