Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Bosses, future benefits for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    But right now we don't have any guild what can really dominate in world pvp, because every guild lose good amount of people
    The point isn't to have a guild that can dominate. That's pretty useless. It's to have guilds that can fight each other.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    While I tend to agree, consider the fact that playfield design and low population killed open world pvp. There is a reason kesh oasis saw 95% of open world pvp.

Given that open world world pvp is dead, the only thing left is minigames and sieges. Minigames are a solo pvp activity so the only guild vs guild activity is sieges.. which are beyond broken.

Some of the best conflict drivers is guild vs guild drama, which is basically dead in this game. Guilds are nothing more than a common chat channel.
    Originally I was on the culture PvP server. The idea being that instead of guild vs guild, it would be culture vs culture i.e. cimmerian vs aquilonian vs stygian. This mechanaic is normal in other pvp mmo's. But here PvE changed the way the server was supposed to operate as people couldn't do the raids as easily within one culture type as they could with a cross culture raid party.

So instead of guild vs guild drama, it should have been culture vs culture drama, but players rebelled and the game today is very different to way it was originally envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I tend to agree with you but not entirely either. At one point, when gear matters, spending your time doing content that, though fun, doesn't reward you is problematic. Not fundamentaly because you want rewards, but because you'll need them to compete to the kind of PvP you fancy.

The amount of player willing to do 'useless' stuff when they could do 'usefull' stuff for their character is limited. If you add to that, like twinklez3 said, that guilds are only common chats compared to what you had before...

The guild dominating open-world pvp on my initial server stopped playing when what they enjoyed came to be tedious rather than fun. They wouldn't do minis at all, found no fun in that. So slowly became undergeared and fed up from waiting for people to come out of minis only to fight 5 minuts before they ported out to the next one.
    I'm not talking about fighting undergeared alts farming bori, I'm talking about all these unknown pvp 9's and 10's I see on a daily basis hanging in Khemi but never once see in a mini game. Obviously on Crom that would most likely be bori warriors, but gear is not the issue and neither is people feeling like they are not get rewarded for pvp while they could do other things. At this point there are plenty of geared pvp toons for any medium sized guild to field enough players to have a presence if they wanted to.

It's that very few people actually care about open world or have a reason to even do it because their is no guild vs guild drama, no "good guy/bad guy" scenario. You get a few trash talkers in minis, but by far and large it comes down to almost arm pulling to get people to want to open world each other much less siege. It's pretty sad since open world pvp can be one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences in game, who cares if you don't much actual game credit towards progression while doing it, pvp is it's own reward sometimes. But like Twinks said, if you have a population that just does not care about getting at each other nothing will happen.

We can't expect Funcom to make events to facilitate pvp going when it does not happen on it's own
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    The point isn't to have a guild that can dominate. That's pretty useless. It's to have guilds that can fight each other.
    They already fight with each other if you don't see it, you just blind

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I'm not talking about fighting undergeared alts farming bori, I'm talking about all these unknown pvp 9's and 10's I see on a daily basis hanging in Khemi but never once see in a mini game. Obviously on Crom that would most likely be bori warriors, but gear is not the issue and neither is people feeling like they are not get rewarded for pvp while they could do other things. At this point there are plenty of geared pvp toons for any medium sized guild to field enough players to have a presence if they wanted to.
    But that's not incompatible. I see lots of players with high geared toons playing but 80% of the time they are gearing up alts, or finishing there JS because they need tokens. And to that you add the emos that "don't want to leave those guys the satisfaction of killing them" and leave down hill battles.

So basicly, the odds of having a fun, lasting, open-world fight isn't all that high. So if players are doing something else they'll come after and not drop it even if it's the thousandth JS they are doing or the millionth KK run. When they'll be available it's too late. That's what i meant.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    They already fight with each other if you don't see it, you just blind
    They do... but outside of sieges with absolutely no coherence
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well, FC might not have thought of the mass events that way, but they sure should. I saw pretty much the same killing the yeti boss as going into a siege; a friggin power point slide show. There are many more siege bugs, but mitigating the crazy lag 'n stutter one would be an awesome step in the right direction. Just turning off names and health bars on the people around me netted me 25% more fps, but it was still ****

Thumbs down World Boss Event: Beginning and Ending

Funcom how about an on screen message telling the Hyborian population when the world bosses are no longer on the scene? Many people were left standing around waiting and waiting because they were unsure when the event officially ended. I went to the trouble to ask a GM who told me that the event was still "ON" ...waited some more ASKED A SECOND TIME...same GM tells me be patient a while longer, the event is still "ON"...then finally THIRD TIME IS CHARM I petition a 3rd time after all hope was gone ...got the same GM Abeadan who FINALLY said he had asked his supervisor each time...and that it wasn't his fault the game developers decided to end the event when they did.

Funcom you can put onscreen messages on for server maintenance so how about going the extra freaking mile and do the same for when an event ends? The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing when GM's don't even know the correct answer to a simple question. UNPROFESSIONAL FUNCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Well, FC might not have thought of the mass events that way, but they sure should. I saw pretty much the same killing the yeti boss as going into a siege; a friggin power point slide show. There are many more siege bugs, but mitigating the crazy lag 'n stutter one would be an awesome step in the right direction. Just turning off names and health bars on the people around me netted me 25% more fps, but it was still ****
    I had low fps at moment, but no slideshow. And this low framerate come from my average CPU. Performance is good imho.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Looks like regular spawning circle for 2nd WB was crashed & delayed after server reset

I don't have much lags on Fury during WB fight (only short freeze when area around boss loaded with people), but have constant crashes in CV on Crom near ladder leading to WB, and have huge lags near WB on Crom.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    You know a better idea for the bosses would be to have all 12 periodically spawn randomly at different locations, that way whilst we hunt them people who are lazy will get there capes last but the other folks can hunt down that legendary cape sooner.

I missed the first dragon so I don't see any point in trying for the second protient.

Why are these world bosses not stacked so by the time the 12th month rolls around people coming into the game for the first time or folks taking a break or people whom are not aware of this quest can get them all done at once?
    I thought this too as I couldn't get all my alts done in time due to the holidays, but when I did Yeti it dinged as completing the first portent. So Vistrix isn't designated as 1 and Yeti as 2, at least Funcom DID forsee that problem. As a result it'll take 13 months, don't sweat it =)

My concern though is if FC have made these bosses dynamic as they claim instead of automated, will there be dedicated employees left a year from now to spawn them for us ;-)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast