Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conqs

Fury pugs or Crom pugs or Rage pugs it's all the same. Any class can shine where the team and team makeup is solid vs a weaker team and weaker team makeup.

Ever been to a "balanced" pug, no? well neither have I or anyone else. AoC does not have "balanced" pugs. Never have never will.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    we all know that conq is heavy armor assassin with combat res, is there any reason to take barb or sin to raid when u can replace them with conq? rogues are only perk slaves,

like said before, cloth armors has no place in aoc
    totally agree with you
    except that barbs are fun to play
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    You say that to every class. It loses it value after 4 years. Just because you can beat a specific class doesn't mean its OP. It means you need to learn how to play your class. I am sure if you go to the class forums, there are many who can give you some advice.

In the meantime, I don't see conqs dominating Mini games.

Wait a minute, you were talking about conqs in PVE, weren't you. Sorry.
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you ever close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. These are the pvp forums.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you ever close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. These are the pvp forums.
    I basically said, if you don't know how to play the class, ask for some help. Don't think there is anything difficult about that.

At the gentlemen who said if you don't see conqs as OP I must play one. Actually, that is very short sited. Sounds like you could use some help too. Ask your classes forums for help. Conqs are fine.

You all are missing the very point that is talked about most in the forums. Asking to nerf a class is just ignorant, in the very definition of the word. Meaning that you do not understand why you think they are OP. Just because you cant beat one, doesn't make it OP.

1. Classes in this game are somewhat rock/paper/scissor. Not every class can beat every class. And sometimes it should take more than a single class to beat a tank class. They are tanks after all.

2. Your response will be something about damage at this point. Any class, decked out, can do well. And some classes are easier to play than others. So what that means is, and from what I read from suctum, this class delivers damage pretty easily. So do sins, rangers and necros. So not sure that defines an OP class. But if that conq is decked out somewhat well, and is facing a pvp 1 sin in pvp gear, well...

3. Define OP? We tend to use this word to mean, this class can beat me. Which is what I am referring to you EROCK. OP means its overpowering to a team, and can alter a mini completely. I have never witnessed a conq swaying a team except for the 2 or 3 good players on them, and this can be said for any class IMO.

4. Skill level of a player isn't considered in these threads. And that is where it comes up short. Just because I can dominate you on my conq, doesn't mean every conq in the game can. It means that I am just a better player on my class than you are. And there is nothing Funcom can do about that. I guess they could put a crutch on my toons to help balance it for you.

5. Weapons, armor, and etc also sway the balance of a battle. If a conq goes 20 and 0, that tells me they focused on what they were suppose to, they were never CCed or dealt with like you should with a tank class, and that your team failed. Even if you, EROCK, did what you were suppose to, your team failed you.

6. When in minis, your team is either going to make you or break you. Balance in MINIS is a problem, and has been for a very long time.

7. Perhaps the conq is in a group where a priest is debuffing you so much and the conq is just dominating you. You just didn't realize it because you weren't watching your debuffs bar.

My last 20 minis this week, all had various classes at the top, and Conq was not at the top the most. Guess what class was for me, in the time frame I play, in the minis I was in, was...

The list can go on and on why the advantages are against you when you face a certain class. Everyone who plays this game knows this.

but the thing is bruceleroy, that only pom or shaman has chance against conq, other classess get eaten by it anytime
    The Law

My main is a conq so not really sure what you're going on about. Too lazy to read a forum tag perhaps. That is why nothing you said to me made sense. Not really sure with what you were getting at that I call all classes OP for four years now. I know it's OP in certain situations because I play it. Maybe you need to ask for class help if you don't think conqs is a step above most other classes in most scenarios.
    Last edited by Erock25; 21st January 2014 at 19:47.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

but the fact that conq has no downside, its just perfect and easy class for everyone,

unlike dt, which has short range, no knock back. dies pretty quickly after mana drained. or guard, which cant basicly dmg in def stance or do any kind of debuffs (unlike that one debuff which is totall trash)

or sin, gets two shotted by any melee class, hox gets melten by sin etc.. none of this never happens to conq.. oh and pom has no downsides either.. perfect class, easy. silly Op , and does more dmg than demo ...
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    or sin, gets two shotted by any melee class, hox gets melten by sin etc.. none of this never happens to conq.. oh and pom has no downsides either.. perfect class, easy. silly Op , and does more dmg than demo ...
    You play a sin, so I expect you to say this.

As for erock, I have tried to explain it to you in simple, easy to ready numbers. Sorry you don't understand. Hence the reason I think you think they need a nerf. And no, Im pretty sure your main is not a conq. I actually know who you are and what you play.

You play a sin, so I expect you to say this.

As for erock, I have tried to explain it to you in simple, easy to ready numbers. Sorry you don't understand. Hence the reason I think you think they need a nerf. And no, Im pretty sure your main is not a conq. I actually know who you are and what you play.
    You've explained nothing but that you really don't know who I am. Your easy to ready numbers are just a bunch of BS. It's not the conq, it's a priest debuffing, it's not the conq, it's team balance, there are only two to three conqs swaying the balance of a mini, it's all bull **** man.

I don't want conqs nerfed because I can't think of a significant way to nerf brute without screwing pve. I actually only posted in this thread to call out the exaggerations being thrown around. Bottom line is that if you are unable to admit that conq is the strongest class out there, you're either bad at it or delusional.

Is this samaelz? That would explain a lot.

I basically said,...
    You said this game is rock, paper, scissors. Well for those of you that ever saw Big Bang Theory, this game is rock, paper, scissors, spock. Conq is spock

Conq is class that has many noob friendly abilities in both builds, some no skill yet good AA for both builds and basically has no nemesis. Please enlighten me what class is one that conq has to run when he sees it? Many has to run from conq btw.

Lets just name some noob abilities of brute: 2 bubbles, retaliation dmg, aoe knock, aoe combos with no cd on it, nice snare, superb debuf, nice dmg on batter aside if spec (crits often for over 2k in frenzy which is great for cc), great dmg overall in all stances and awesome crits on white hits. All this with heavy armor.

In open world 1v1 conq is at top of the food chain. In mini games with heals on conq is unstopable beast.
    Carnage also has its share of OP stuff but brute is the ONE atm.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast