Thread: Which software you guys use to convert big video files for YT?

Default Which software you guys use to convert big video files for YT?

I'm recording AoC with Fraps/Action! and ending with big video files, could use some feedback on which should be best to convert, considering time to convert and keep the quality.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere is good for doin that tho they aint free. So i dont know for free versions since i never used any free versions to do this.

Maybe Windows Movie Maker still exists.
    Normaly my files are about 500mb for about 10-15 min 720p 30fps videos after i Rendered.

Windows movie maker still exist in the windows essentials software(can choose to install only WMM).

Works well enough if all you need is compression and simple editing, it also comes with a youtube-plugin preinstalled that does everything for you.

EDIT: yes i use wmm for my videos
    I am Stian ingame...

The good old WMM. Did the job and is enough.
    Thanks
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).