Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Energy tweaks

Yeah totally agree, in my opinion all tank classes should never have get a cc-break from aa; they should be most vulnarable for cc's and especially because of their high dps it should be possible to kite them. The huge amount and quite weird cc the tanks get and the energy- revamp benifits the tanks far too much. Huge amount for example the conq has... it's just hilarious! If a hox had this number of cc it will be okay, but a conq? Seriously?! Weird cc for example the dt with his range-cast snare, does a tank with such a high dps need such a great cc? In my opinion no tank should have any snare!
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Well, charges and for example DT's ranged snare were needed at the time when soldiers were much easier to kite and cc-lock, to close the gap with such kiters. This must be evaluated as a whole - you can't either strip a melee from every tool that would help him to handle a ranged class.

And Tofha if casters mana issues were easily fixed merely by having a pot I guess we wouldn't hear about it The point of increasing stamina costs would obviously be to make stamina management comparable to mana management for casters, which will probably more severe than the "take a pot and it's ok" level
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

guard got so huge range, rogue speed with vengance, so huge CC resist chance, cc remove, makes me cry
    The Law

Logically : More Armors/Less Energy ^^
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Aye, and then decrease energy ammount/recovery rate of classes with little constitution and strength; a book worm shouldn't be able to run as far and regain his breath as quickly as a virile stud

assassin should have most energy, fastest, energy recharge faster
    ranger / barb comes at secend,
    then hox / shaman
    mages

soldiers
    The Law

Except for the minority, it's pretty clear the community agrees Soldiers are over the top in most departments.

Most people have settled down on the classes they enjoy the most, and except for a few, it's pretty much common knowledge that soldiers have incredible dps, survivability, immunities, and mobility. There really is not any weakness to the archtype other than it's no less gear dependent than any other class.

Everyone posting here should post on Testlive for some tweaks to bring soldiers back in line with other classes. Soldier pvp gear needs some dps components removed like the old t1 pvp gear, mainly crit rating and crit damage. They also need lower the base damage of some combos, since redoing feats like BFC and VoM really is not an option so far in. Adjusting gear dps and removing some protection, tweaking out combo damage to lower some dps to make up for abilities that give too much (like BFC and VoM), and then finally adjusting some of their mobilities (like changing energy costs or reducing their immunities) will go a long way to fairing up soldiers vs. other classes. I'm talking slight changes, not drastic changes. But there is no reason why a soldier should ever have more protection in Frenzy than a fully geared clothie going for protection gear. It doesn't make any sense...
    Doomsayer 2008

Sorry to thread jack but I don't think changing energy is the problem.

Here's an easy way to fix all soldiers...

1. Nerf VoM.
    2. Increase the time between switching stances.

What this does: Makes DT's not do absolutely insane damage in both stances. Also it makes all three soldier classes actually think before they can damage. A soldier must choose to do damage and die fast, or become a raid boss that hits for very little; not both like they have now. In addition it makes skill a bigger part of the game which is always a good thing.

*Edit* posted to TL forums
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 31st December 2013 at 03:48.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Sorry to thread jack but I don't think changing energy is the problem.

Here's an easy way to fix all soldiers...

1. Nerf VoM.
    2. Increase the time between switching stances.

What this does: Makes DT's not do absolutely insane damage in both stances. Also it makes all three soldier classes actually think before they can damage. A soldier must choose to do damage and die fast, or become a raid boss that hits for very little; not both like they have now. In addition it makes skill a bigger part of the game which is always a good thing.

*Edit* posted to TL forums
    Conq still does a lot of damage in def stance, especially carnie. Not much difference from DTs. Pole guard can also dish out somewhat big hits in def stance (reckoning is so negatively affected though that no one should die from a guard in def stance, it's just SS every 15s that will do any notable damage).

IMO def stance should nerf damage much more and increase hate much more (for pve, also to avoid tanks topping dps charts) while frenzy should reduce mitigation much more. Some people might say tanks will want to stay in neutral then (the lazy baddies sure will) so then we should reduce overall damage from tanks rather than reduce it specifically in def stance while increasing the damage buff from frenzy (and also increasing the mitigation reduction and hate increase in def stance). Switching stance should also not be possible while kbed like it is now (totally unfair even though many tanks still don't realize they can do it) but I think adding a cast time might be excessive and look very out of place (increasing the CD would probably be fine though)

Edit : Ok, let's move over to TestLive
    Last edited by kalston; 31st December 2013 at 09:03.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Yeah i agree with what most of you say to nerf tanks.

I think there should be more diffrence between Defensive and Frenzy stances. And maybe raise the dance switch to 6seconds would be nice. It's not that much higher but would already make a big diffrence.

Then comes mobility. Personnally i think sprinting should be stamina based (therefore can be drained with stam leaching combos) and combos should be energy based (still having to manage it and if you don't, you have to trade sprinting time to keep hitting). That would mostly nerf tanks. Since sprint revamp, pinning down a Flag Carrier or a tank is impossible. Before you could by draining his stamina, it was a pain because you couldn't run nor do combos. But if you could have still done combos, but no sprint, it would have made sense. Now if you drain someones stamina, he can't do combos, but can still sprint away. The otherway round would be much better in my opinion. And rogues would get back to having a sprinting advantage.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast