Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Energy tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I agree, with combos being mainly 1 or 2 step and 90% of cc's requiring more than a .5 second cast time stagger should be removed. It's pointless now that energy and not stamina is used as the resource.
    stagger should proc less frequently by tanks imo

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    stagger should proc less frequently by tanks imo
    Or not at all since it was made to balance stamina costs for running against those who did not use stamina. Since energy, and not stamina is the resource for sprinting, stagger is no longer needed.
    Doomsayer 2008

stagger should only come on tanks, i find it silly that sin or barb or any cloth is staggered for that time in mini game, stagger = instant death, same with dots, dot dmg should scale on max hp, sin has 6k hp lets say. so dont ****ing make dot do 1k infernal bleed tick, wihle it does 200 on soldier ( just example) its stupid and so unbalanced
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I don't think you need tweak on energy, energy itself is mostly fine and not the main reason why soldiers have the upper hand in pvp.
    Yet it is the proper first step to take to nerf soldiers, IMO.

- you can't reduce soldier mitigation too much because it defeats the point of playing a tank
    - you can't reduce the possible damage output too much because if you do, there is no sufficient pvp threat anymore for them.

The best first step to take to nerf soldiers imo is to reduce their opportunities to deal that damage, by nerfing their mobility more. The difference in opportunity to deal damage between a soldier and, e.g. a barb/sin is not high enough to justify sacrificing high mitigation to slight advantages in speed and cc-handling.

Reworking the energy pool of soldiers would be a part of the solution, either by reducing the base 14s spring time or nerfing the extra sprint granted by AA which is archetype based.

There's also increasing the stamina cost for combos, which would limit the use of Dash. Or why not have Dash on a higher cd for soldiers ? (side note: do conqs remember when the hard-hitter Feint 9 could not be spammed mindlessly ? that time, when you used stamina to sprint and Feint 9 cost was around 600-700 stamina ? now it costs half of that and you don't spend stamina sprinting...)

Also I'm starting to think that granting soldiers a CC-purge and root-fear reduction with the introduction of AAs did not do so well for balance after all. Maybe those perks should be something else entirely.

(As a side note, on the topic of energy in pvp, I find it sad that class specifics feats for energy regen and energy drain have little if any impact in pvp. But that would be hell to balance so let's not talk about it )

(As a second side note I think Hox mobility in pvp should be increased, either by better energy management or by better cc resistances)
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Also I'm starting to think that granting soldiers a CC-purge and root-fear reduction with the introduction of AAs did not do so well for balance after all. Maybe those perks should be something else entirely.
    I have been thinking this since they introduced AAs.

This becomes even more apparent in the case of Guardians - they 2 shot everything up to light armor with a pole with sick range that staggers you from every possible side, while being almost completely immune to most CCs and moving at increased speed from vengeance buff, and when you manage to control them once out of 10 times they just remove it. Unstoppable bionic tinmen.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    I have been thinking this since they introduced AAs.

This becomes even more apparent in the case of Guardians - they 2 shot everything up to light armor with a pole with sick range that staggers you from every possible side, while being almost completely immune to most CCs and moving at increased speed from vengeance buff, and when you manage to control them once out of 10 times they just remove it. Unstoppable bionic tinmen.
    You must have missed when they had a 20% movement buff and BV was hitting for 4k every 8 seconds. There was also a time where you could mold PI with most combos and one shot clothies.

Conq and DT are so over the top now that people tend not to say too much about Guards, but the truth is that all 3 tank classes are pretty stupid right now in the current version of the game.

An important thing to note is that they removed the penalties for exhaustion, which if I remember was -50% evade and casting concentration on top of no regen. If you put an actual penalty back to running out of energy you wouldn't have the sprint Olympics you have now.
    Doomsayer 2008

Stamina consumption should be increased by 100% too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Conq and DT are so over the top now that people tend not to say too much about Guards, but the truth is that all 3 tank classes are pretty stupid right now in the current version of the game.
    Yep, that why i'm pretty much doubtful on the effect of a minor nerf in energy for soldiers. It will have much an impact as a teardrop in an ocean. Even less if priests/casters take their hit of nerfbat in the same time. Better look elsewhere.

@Iero you know nerfing their mobility isn't enough, as they have feats/inherents skills that cancel positionning disadvantages & space management in a fight.

I've talked about charge, but also the fact all soldiers can have feated snare on combo or spells.
    Range of their weapon helps too (not DT, yep but still they have 360° CC which is another "i don't care about positionning" button)
    And the fact some AA/feats are just passive ignoring mobility's CC.

So that's why this kind of nerf will be pure waste of work. Even with increased stamina cost ( problem ? Take a pot !)
    Last edited by Bibik; 30th December 2013 at 13:54.

You must have missed when they had a 20% movement buff and BV was hitting for 4k every 8 seconds. There was also a time where you could mold PI with most combos and one shot clothies.
    oh I wish i had
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I always thought that, soldiers used to be the most vulnerable to CCs but AA changed that entirely (and made their protection reach obscene numbers despite the BK buffs removal). Passive CCs resists stacking with the ones guards and conq can feat + a CC break + reduced CC duration... In the case of DTs the issue is mostly vom and the crit rating that we can reach with today's gear (but I've heard more than one person say that DT was still good before vom though).

It's just like when they released t2/3 pvp set : same crit rating/damage for all classes while t1 set does not give those stats to tanks (which makes a lot more sense).
    Last edited by kalston; 30th December 2013 at 14:50.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast