Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: World bosses ruining the game

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    He has the same amount of HP as the first boss (approx. 20.12 million). As for the oneshots, he doesn't oneshot people just like that -- he traps them in a destructible object called Shard of Winter (looks like a large ice cone). If other players DPS the Shard of Winter to 0%, the trapped player gets freed and survives; if they don't free him within 29.5 seconds, he gets oneshotted. The boss ability which creates these Shards of Winter is called Call of Winter.
    Yes, but it seems much more since a chunk of the dpsers are stuned or dpsing Shards. If everyone hugs at melee it's fine. But on a PvP server, it's tedious. Main reason being that with AoE damage most squishy classes can't afford to hug at melee so they get iced at range and die. If the shards where easier to kill, on PvP server, it would be better.

This was mentionned on TL before.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Yes, but it seems much more since a chunk of the dpsers are stuned or dpsing Shards. If everyone hugs at melee it's fine. But on a PvP server, it's tedious. Main reason being that with AoE damage most squishy classes can't afford to hug at melee so they get iced at range and die. If the shards where easier to kill, on PvP server, it would be better.

This was mentionned on TL before.
    I got one-shot by Pulverize earlier today. It dealt 7700 damage to me...

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Community in this game complains no matter what :P
    ...and with attitude like this proclaimed it is no wonder nothing gets fixed and people become unable to deal with criticism...

Sorry for being cynical but it's the truth,like it or not.

People complain about everything in this thread while only real issues is instance crashing/swapping and maybe no alternative way to get wanted items like vanity sets/pets etc than luck.

There are valid concerns but the amount of whining on every new thing has become a tradition while quite a lot of players actually enjoy the content.

Especially complaining and ,not talking about you in this case, about "people only doing dragon and nothing else".This is purely player choice and well if someone cannot get 5 friends to do something else together that is more fun there is not much to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    ...and with attitude like this proclaimed it is no wonder nothing gets fixed and people become unable to deal with criticism...
    You cant seriously claim that the reason nothing gets fixed is lack of critisism, or too positive attitude on the forum.

I think that the idea behind the world bosses was a good one. I like that Funcom trying to generate some new content - which it certainly has...

However, I have to tell you this has been one of the most infuriating quests I have ever done. I think that while it was well intended, some changes need to be made to it in order for people to want to continue to do this all year round.

The first dragon (Black Dragon), was not that bad. It spawned in two spots and was pretty manageable getting it done on all toons, if you kept a timer going. The only feedback I would have here is to make the rewards token based so people can actually get what they want (rather than kill the dragon over and over in hopes for what they want). For example, I have one guildie that's full T4. All she wants is the dragon pet. She kept getting T2 gear / weapons over and over - which are totally useless to her. Because the pet didn't drop for her, shes going to miss out on this for the rest of the year (unless its offered again)

This second world boss though... The Yeti. Has four spawn points. This is completely unmanageable. By the time you actually get to the instance where the boss is, its full. The spawn points are in totally inconvenient places from each other, so its not like you can zone in and wait in one spot. When you have 12 toons - this is extremely irritating. For example, I FINALLY got into an instance where the spawn was, got kicked because the lag was so bad, and couldn't get back in. As this took me several days on just the dragon with 2 spawn points for all 12 toons, I'm fearing this is going to take me much longer now that there's four. Its so daunting that right now I don't even want to complete them.

I have some suggestions - aside from making the loot token based (I hear the groans now about it being a grind - but honestly, how is it NOT a grind now?), I think the bosses should also be spawn-able based on a quest. Put a lock out on them, if you need to (like maybe just an hour cool down). This way folks can spawn the dragon when they want to, get their stuff done, and go on their merry way (just like a raid)

Anyway - again, I do feel this is a good idea. It just needs to be tweaked a little based on how this is playing out now that's its implemented. This kind of stuff happens - you cant anticipate every little thing Please, just consider this for the sanity of your players.
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

It is not called shard of the winter

Quote Originally Posted by statica01 View Post
    I think that the idea behind the world bosses was a good one. I like that Funcom trying to generate some new content - which it certainly has...

However, I have to tell you this has been one of the most infuriating quests I have ever done. I think that while it was well intended, some changes need to be made to it in order for people to want to continue to do this all year round.

The first dragon (Black Dragon), was not that bad. It spawned in two spots and was pretty manageable getting it done on all toons, if you kept a timer going. The only feedback I would have here is to make the rewards token based so people can actually get what they want (rather than kill the dragon over and over in hopes for what they want). For example, I have one guildie that's full T4. All she wants is the dragon pet. She kept getting T2 gear / weapons over and over - which are totally useless to her. Because the pet didn't drop for her, shes going to miss out on this for the rest of the year (unless its offered again)

This second world boss though... The Yeti. Has four spawn points. This is completely unmanageable. By the time you actually get to the instance where the boss is, its full. The spawn points are in totally inconvenient places from each other, so its not like you can zone in and wait in one spot. When you have 12 toons - this is extremely irritating. For example, I FINALLY got into an instance where the spawn was, got kicked because the lag was so bad, and couldn't get back in. As this took me several days on just the dragon with 2 spawn points for all 12 toons, I'm fearing this is going to take me much longer now that there's four. Its so daunting that right now I don't even want to complete them.

I have some suggestions - aside from making the loot token based (I hear the groans now about it being a grind - but honestly, how is it NOT a grind now?), I think the bosses should also be spawn-able based on a quest. Put a lock out on them, if you need to (like maybe just an hour cool down). This way folks can spawn the dragon when they want to, get their stuff done, and go on their merry way (just like a raid)

Anyway - again, I do feel this is a good idea. It just needs to be tweaked a little based on how this is playing out now that's its implemented. This kind of stuff happens - you cant anticipate every little thing Please, just consider this for the sanity of your players.

this, token system would be awesome, you can keep farming untill you have all what you need. sucks to be disapointed after waiting 1hr in an instance to get a prayer book, by crom, cimmerians don't pray!

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post
    You cant seriously claim that the reason nothing gets fixed is lack of critisism, or too positive attitude on the forum.
    No, but i am tired of this attitude being used as excuse to simply do what you want (or the lobby wants) or nothing at all at the cost of being able to spot and admit errors or filter out the constructive parts amongst the criticism.

And if you look again seriously what people wrote, i think we can agree that most think the idea is not that bad, but it has some serious flaws and it can be improved a lot still. If you listen at this point to the fanboys (or think "we can not do it right for everyone...just look how many are happy!"), you will have to deal with worse results later than some posters mentioning things you would rather ignore.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st January 2014 at 18:00.

The lag didn't bother my computer with the dragon, but it definitely is bad with the yeti. The other side of the coin, though, is that the Yeti is more open world so the instances do not fill up so fast. I see about twice as many players able to hit the Yeti instances than the dragon.

Now if people would just kill the darn ice cages and let other players out when they happen vs ignoring them and losing the dps, it would take less time to kill the thing.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast